Updated M&M Character Sheet!

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Lift Limits

Postby Blockbuster » Thu May 22, 2003 12:45 pm

I believe the lift limits on the sheet are correct, and the limits in the rulebook are in error...Per d20 rules, lift overhead is equal to max limit.
Blockbuster
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Lift Limits

Postby Valdier » Thu May 22, 2003 1:13 pm

Blockbuster wrote:I believe the lift limits on the sheet are correct, and the limits in the rulebook are in error...Per d20 rules, lift overhead is equal to max limit.

Problem is, this isn't a d20 game... it is very likely that they changed it to work this way intentionally.
If you are looking for news, examples, tutorials, FAQ or something else, try visiting Valdier.com
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Blockbuster » Thu May 22, 2003 11:42 pm

I realize that this game is only based on the d20 system, but many, many rules follow traditional d20 rules, and the character sheet is consistent with those rules (in this instance). The question is, which is right? Certainly the book is not error free, so I believe we need official word to settle the issue.
Blockbuster
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Valdier » Fri May 23, 2003 12:15 am

Blockbuster wrote:I realize that this game is only based on the d20 system, but many, many rules follow traditional d20 rules, and the character sheet is consistent with those rules (in this instance). The question is, which is right? Certainly the book is not error free, so I believe we need official word to settle the issue.

Good question in this case also :)
If you are looking for news, examples, tutorials, FAQ or something else, try visiting Valdier.com
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby faenril » Wed May 28, 2003 9:40 am

Ride Specialty

The skill Ride indicates that you have a a mount which you are familiar and you have -2 with other mounts, I know it is not a critical issue but the sheet did not display a specialty line for the Ride Skill.
Never Give-Up, never Surrender !
faenril
Devotee
Devotee

Postby faenril » Thu May 29, 2003 4:09 am

For Construct NPC, is there a way to alter the cost of Ability Score ? Because INT begins at 0, CHA at 1. and there is no CON. I have already adjusted the cost of Immunity Feats with the "Cost Adj" column.
faenril
Devotee
Devotee

Postby The Fifth Wanderer » Thu May 29, 2003 2:15 pm

I think I found a bug in Simpson's sheet. The skill ranks maximums aren't coming out right. I started working on a PL 10 character and it said my max ranks was 3.
Rules of Combat #15: Teamwork is essential. It gives them someone else to shoot at.
The Fifth Wanderer
Aficionado
Aficionado

Postby simpson » Sat May 31, 2003 7:30 am

Okay, lots of updates this week:

MnM Character Builder 2.9
http://www.elyzium.net

You'll notice many things have changed. Here's a quick run-down of fixes and updates:

-More room for skills, including Knowledge, Ride, and there's now space for custom skills.

-Fixed Defense calculation & Flat-footed section

-Added Hero Point check boxes

-Nuked the Power Points section on the Character sheet (to make room for skills). Points spent are now listed next to the appropriate section (powers, feats, etc).

-The Power Points section of the character sheet now show points spent/unspent.

I'm curious to see what you all think of the updated layout. To me it doesn't seem as "clean" as the previous version, but I think it may be worth it to have extra room for skills.

Do you think point totals even need to be on the sheet? At the very least, the Points spent/unspent. But do you think there needs to be costs for abilities/feats/powers/etc?

Anyway, thanks for everyone's help and input on this sheet!

Dan
simpson
Bystander
Bystander

Postby simpson » Sat May 31, 2003 7:35 am

faenril, to zero out the cost of an ability, do this:

Unprotect the sheet:
Tools > Protection > Unprotect sheet

In the cost colum, replace the formula with zero for each ability you want to buy at zero cost.
simpson
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Zenon » Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:55 pm

Hi simpson!

I'm curious to see what you all think of the updated layout.

I miss the power breakout on the main sheet. It gave a quick overview of the points spent and where they were spent for the character. Considering the main character page is the only one printed out (at least it's the only one I print) it was a good judge of where the points went.

It would be nice to have it back somewhere if it were possible. Perhaps a second "point breakout sheet" or "DM sheet" in the page 1 file. On that page you could list the power cost breakout, add back the summary block etc. That might be cleaner than putting it on the main character sheet and enable it to be printed out if a DM wanted to see it or have it for reference or look over.

Keep up the good work, your sheet has become my standard writeup tool for M&M due to its flexiblilty.
Zenon
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Celtic Cowboy » Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:58 pm

Zenon wrote:Perhaps a second "point breakout sheet" or "DM sheet" in the page 1 file. On that page you could list the power cost breakout, add back the summary block etc.

That would be cool. Something the DM can look at just to get a brief overview of how they built the character and how they bundled their powers.
Mark
Saturday Knights
Celtic Cowboy
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby simpson » Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:48 pm

I wasn't all that thrilled with the way the 2.9 version looked. The point totals were there, but they were spread out all over the sheet.

I made a few tweaks to the 2.9 version, adding back in the points spent section under a single heading. It's much smaller, less intrusive. Also, I like having "next PL" that shows how far you are away from your next level. :)

I also changed the Hero Point box some. Now, you have check boxes you can tick off according to how many hero points you have.

The changes were made to the 2.9 version. Check out the updated version:

Thanks!!
Dan
simpson
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Valdier » Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:20 am

Went ahead and updated the version on my site as well :)
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby simpson » Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:30 pm

more fiddling. Front page a little prettier. Just changed the layout of things a bit on the character sheet tab is all.

simpson
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Valdier » Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:49 pm

added :)
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby arcady » Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:46 pm

Nice, though I personally don't like the next PL thing. :P
arcady
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Squire » Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:55 am

Beautiful work, simpson! Can't tell you how much I (and my players) appreciate your effort on this! Thanks!
Squire
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Citizen Arcane » Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:07 am

I just want to add in another round of thanks! Everyone in my group is now using this sheet and we love it!

Your work is very much appreciated!!! :D
Citizen Arcane
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby simpson » Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:18 am

Thanks to everyone who sent bug notices my way. I've posted the updated 2.9 sheet:

The fixes are simple, so if you want to just make the changes directly to your character sheet, do the following:

In "Abilities & Combat", change cell K44 to:
=IF(K43>I39+Q39+M39, I39+Q39+M39, O43)

In "CHARACTER SHEET" change cell A1 to any other font color besides white. :)

Thanks everyone!
simpson
Bystander
Bystander

Postby faenril » Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:22 am

simpson wrote:Thanks to everyone who sent bug notices my way. I've posted the updated 2.9 sheet:

What bugs ? I did not notice :oops: .
faenril
Devotee
Devotee

MNM Character Builder

Postby Praetor » Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:44 pm

How do you add in the extra lifting ability when you take the lifting Extra, I don't remember seeing a place to add the multiplier?

BTW great sheet!

Alvin
Praetor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby simpson » Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:21 pm

hm. Hadn't occurred to me to add it in. Let me see what I can do to squeeze extra lifting in there somewhere...

faernil, there was a problem with the Combat Reflexes calculation on the Abilities & Combat tab.

tks
simpson
Bystander
Bystander

Extra Lifting

Postby Praetor » Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:57 am

Perhaps you could put the multiplier on the powers and movement page. then you just need to update your calcualations on the character sheet!
Praetor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby slaughterj » Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:34 pm

On the Data page of v2.9, it lists Leaping at 2pp/PL, but I thought it was resolved to be only 1pp/PL? I don't want to get into a rules debate / lengthy errata discussion in this thread, just wondering though...
slaughterj
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Postby simpson » Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:10 pm

Slaughterj, thanks for catching that. I didn't see it in the Errata, but I did notice that there's a discrepancy in the MnM book. Makes sense to me that leaping is 1 pp.

Praetor, extra lifting is now added to the "abilities & Combat" page near Strength. Makes sense to me to keep it there.

here it is:
simpson
Bystander
Bystander

PreviousNext

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives