Freedom City PDF Preview

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Moderator: Super Moderators

Freedom City PDF Preview

Postby Nikchick » Sun Mar 30, 2003 11:39 pm

For those of you who don't check the front page (you really should, you know!) I'm posting the link here as well:

http://www.greenronin.com/mutants_maste ... review.pdf

Enjoy!
Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby MasonsDad » Sun Mar 30, 2003 11:43 pm

I must have logged in at the right time. I DL'd this right away and I must say that I am impressed as hell. I can NOT wait to get my not so grubby little hands on this book. Will you guys PLEASE do something about publishing these characters in comics...I'd drop half my titles now to pick up Steve's and Co's stuff. I love it that much.

So, I was looking at this, did I mention it's awesome BTW, and I saw something that I am confused with. It may be errata or it may be me misunderstanding the rules. On p.3 on the StatBlock for Sonic, it lists him as having EB as both a Stunt and an Extra to his EC(Sonic). Please help.

Thanks

Also...is there any way that we can get an expanded cover pic of ToC?? I love KG's art and can't wait to see it with my favorite FC Characters. Wow...it tend to abbriviate a lot.
"Stiny, get me a danish!"
MasonsDad
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Valdier » Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:23 am

MasonsDad wrote:So, I was looking at this, did I mention it's awesome BTW, and I saw something that I am confused with. It may be errata or it may be me misunderstanding the rules. On p.3 on the StatBlock for Sonic, it lists him as having EB as both a Stunt and an Extra to his EC(Sonic). Please help.

It is because sonic has two attacks (Although it should be specified under the power stunt). He has both a sonic blast of energy as well as a power stunt that allows him to generate concussive blasts of force with his sonic power.
If you are looking for news, examples, tutorials, FAQ or something else, try visiting Valdier.com
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby MasonsDad » Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:36 am

Thanks V! Did you know that if you just read the entry in the book carefully it states that? Huh...who'd have thought....just by reading carefully one can answer their own dumb quiestion. :oops:
"Stiny, get me a danish!"
MasonsDad
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Rodzilla » Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:46 am

Valdier wrote:It is because sonic has two attacks (Although it should be specified under the power stunt). He has both a sonic blast of energy as well as a power stunt that allows him to generate concussive blasts of force with his sonic power.

I'm not sure I follow even after referencing the book. Are you talking about the Dazzle attack that comes with the Energy Control - Sonic power? If so, why would it be listed as a Energy Blast and not a Dazzle attack?

I'm confused .... :roll:
"Go, Go, Rodzilla!"
Rodzilla
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Evil Toki » Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:15 am

looking good, keep it up :)
Sometimes I even confuse myself...
Evil Toki
Devotee
Devotee

Postby mouthymerc » Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:15 am

Valdier wrote:
MasonsDad wrote:So, I was looking at this, did I mention it's awesome BTW, and I saw something that I am confused with. It may be errata or it may be me misunderstanding the rules. On p.3 on the StatBlock for Sonic, it lists him as having EB as both a Stunt and an Extra to his EC(Sonic). Please help.

It is because sonic has two attacks (Although it should be specified under the power stunt). He has both a sonic blast of energy as well as a power stunt that allows him to generate concussive blasts of force with his sonic power.

I wondered about this, too. The base attack with Sonic Energy Control is a Dazzle attack. I wonder if it refering to one Sonic Energy Blast causing lethal damage and the other causing stun? Is this what you are refering to?
The merc with the mouth! Zealot!

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein
mouthymerc
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby Blackhawk » Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:40 am

Okay, let's break this down.

Sonic has a Dazzle that comes free with Energy Control: Sonic.

He has an Energy Blast as an Extra that does sonic based damage. Since this is an Extra, Sonic can combine it with the Dazzle, damaging someone and dazzling them with one attack made up of sound.

He also has Energy Blast as a Power Stunt to show that he can use his powers to create a concussive (force) attack instead of a sonic attack.

Does this make more sense?
Blackhawk

"Me? I blame the pudding pops."
Blackhawk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby Rodzilla » Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:12 am

Blackhawk wrote:Okay, let's break this down.

He has an Energy Blast as an Extra that does sonic based damage. Since this is an Extra, Sonic can combine it with the Dazzle, damaging someone and dazzling them with one attack made up of sound.

He also has Energy Blast as a Power Stunt to show that he can use his powers to create a concussive (force) attack instead of a sonic attack.

I guess so ... I guess I'm having a hard time distinguishing the difference between "concussive" damage and "sonic" damage. Almost seems the same to me. Well, with the possible exception that one's noisier than the other! :wink:

Thanks, Blackhawk!!!
"Go, Go, Rodzilla!"
Rodzilla
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Valdier » Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:42 am

Rodzilla wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:Okay, let's break this down.

I guess so ... I guess I'm having a hard time distinguishing the difference between "concussive" damage and "sonic" damage. Almost seems the same to me. Well, with the possible exception that one's noisier than the other! :wink:

Thanks, Blackhawk!!!

Well one would cause damage through intense loud sounds, I suppose, the other would literally pick a person up and throw them with the blast. Although you know he has to be popular in the low rider crowd with the bass his ride kicks out ;)
If you are looking for news, examples, tutorials, FAQ or something else, try visiting Valdier.com
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Erik Mona » Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:16 pm

Just a friendly bump to get this to the main page.

You are all posting animals.

God bless.

--Erik Mona
Lead Editor
www.superunicorn.com
Erik Mona
Super Unicorn
Super Unicorn

Postby Sketchpad » Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:51 pm

I love the content ... just a quick Q though ... the graphically nice sheets in the M&M book looked shway ... why use the condensed stats instead of that?
"Then what would he do? Be Bruce Wayne? He doesn't even like Bruce Wayne ..."
- Nightwing

Hellfyre Studios
Sketchpad
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Draamal » Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:59 pm

Room, man. Room.
Last edited by Draamal on Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All men die, the legends of some heroes live forever..."
Draamal
Devotee
Devotee

Postby Sketchpad » Tue Apr 01, 2003 4:11 am

I know ... I know ;)
But still ... It would've looked all purty like an' all ;)
"Then what would he do? Be Bruce Wayne? He doesn't even like Bruce Wayne ..."
- Nightwing

Hellfyre Studios
Sketchpad
Sidekick
Sidekick

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives