WFRP II

Have a suggestion for Green Ronin? Post it here.

Moderator: Super Moderators

WFRP II

Postby DeadMike » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:13 pm

While "Fantasy Flight" is busy with their "interesting new format" of WFRP, why not continue to put out WFRP II sourcebooks for those who prefer the better version? Even if they only come out on PDF it would mean a great deal to many people. It would also be nice to have a place where people could get corrections on the products already printed as well. There is no way that Fantasy Flight will put up anything helpful for WFRP II as it isn't financially beneficial for them to do so.
Mike
DeadMike
Bystander
Bystander

Re: WFRP II

Postby Zapp » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:48 pm

There are many reasons why this won't happen. Let me just pick one:

While Green Ronin indeed designed the WFRP2 rules, they never published the line. That a company called Black Industries did - GR only acted as a contractor of sorts.

Nowadays GR has nothing to do with the WFRP franchise.

If you want to make your opinion heard to those in charge, you need to contact Games Workshop (the mother company of the now-defunct Black Industries imprint). If you on the other hand want to discuss WFRP 2nd Ed, why don't you head over to the Strike to Stun forums?

Either way, this is not the right place to discuss WFRP.
Zapp
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby Aran MacFiona » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:58 am

Here :http://www.liberfanatica.net/index.html
You can find new materials for WFRP.
Aran MacFiona
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby DeadMike » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:23 pm

Aran MacFiona, Thank you.

Zapp wrote:Either way, this is not the right place to discuss WFRP.

I figured since the people here actually wrote the books, they may be able to help clear up some issues in them. I guess not. Have a good one.
Mike
DeadMike
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Zapp » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:41 pm

DeadMike wrote:I figured since the people here actually wrote the books, they may be able to help clear up some issues in them. I guess not. Have a good one.
Mike

Yes, well, apart from WFRP2 not being an active line (meaning that nobody official will earn any money by answering questions anymore), its product support was always handled through Black Industries (on their now-dead forums). Any questions to the designers (mainly Messrs Pramas and Schwalb) were handled through BI channels - there were never any direct discussion between us fans and Green Ronin: Pramas & Co never (or at least almost never) posted directly on the BI forums, and there were never any WFRP discussion here.

After BI went under and FFG took over the license, there was a short-lived section on WFRP (2nd ed) at the official FFG forums. Soon after the release of third edition, however, it were unceremoniously yanked.

Let me just repeat my heartfelt recommendation for a place where WFRP2 discussions do take place: the forums at http://www.strike-to-stun.net/
Zapp
Super Poster
Super Poster

Return to Suggestion Box