[Kobold Quarterly] Cross blades in "Dark Deeds in Freeport!"

This forum is for the discussion of Green Ronin's various campaign settings, such as Freeport, Thieves' World, Black Company, and the Mythic Vistas titles.

[Kobold Quarterly] Cross blades in "Dark Deeds in Freeport!"

Postby ben_mcfarland » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:59 am

Two of the most infamous outlaws to sail the seas of the RPG world have signed articles, and are setting out on a joint venture of danger and glory! Open Design is launching a new adventure design project for Green Ronin's campaign setting Freeport: The City of Adventure.

Patrons of Dark Deeds in Freeport will work with Wolfgang Baur, Chris Pramas, and lead designer Michael Furlanetto to create a 72-page adventure that blends swashbuckling derring-do with supernatural horror in the Freeport tradition for the Pathfinder system.

When kobolds and ronins team up, who knows what will happen? Get in on the action and find out! Patron slots for the project are available at the Kobold Store starting at $24.95.

-Ben.
--
Small but Fierce.
Kobold Quarterly's News Minion.
ben_mcfarland
Bystander
Bystander

Re: [Kobold Quarterly] Cross blades in "Dark Deeds in Freepo

Postby WolfgangBaur » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:50 am

This project is about 40% of the way to the funding goal, and several of the supporters are chiming in with their suggestions on what they want to see (and not see).

There's about 30 days left to try to make the commission. If you have any questions about the project, I'd be happy to tackle them.
WolfgangBaur
Bystander
Bystander

Postby PhilM » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:33 pm

Hi all,

I'm a longstanding Freeport fan - I own all the books except for the Companions for systems I don't use - and I even created a free cartomancy system and setting information using the Walk the Plank cards (free download from the WtP page).

I've been a patron of Dark Deeds for about a week - it's my first real contact with Open Design & Kobold - and I have to say, this is looking like it will be a really memorable Freeport adventure.

Setting aside the fun of throwing around ideas with other patrons (and it is a LOT of fun, in fact I reckon I'd be getting my money's worth even without the free copy of the module at the end of it all), Dark Deeds is shaping up to be one of those rare modules that will let you buckle your swash and also boggle your brain - blending theme, plot and action in whatever proportions work for your group. It'll give you and your players moments you'll be thinking about - and talking about - for years.

At least that's the potential I see shaping up. But the way Open Design works, more voices can only improve it. So that's why I'm here inviting everyone to sign up - well, that and the usual geekish desire to share the good stuff - I have no stake in this except to get the best possible module I can, but I am keen enough on what I see developing that I'm prepared to go out and plug it completely unsolicited.

So come join us! I'm happy to answer any questions you might have for a fellow newcomer, and if you sign up, I'm EuchronicGamer on the boards over there.
Read yer Skull & Crossbones - Freeport-style pirate-themed cartomancy using Green Ronin's Walk The Plank cards. A free download from the Walk The Plank store page - share your thoughts here.
PhilM
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nate Christen » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:37 pm

I'll second that. I was, admittedly, leery of the patronage system, but I decided to try it because it was a Freeport project. It's an enjoyable process, and I'm excited to see the final result.

-Nate
Nate Christen
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Therabyd » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:00 pm

I'm also happy to field any questions you might have about this project in particular or about the Open Design patronage model in general.

Right now we're over half way to our commission, and the patrons are busy pitching contributions to the adventure.

Join us now to get in on the fun and leave your own mark on Freeport!

-----

Mike Furlanetto
Lead designer, Dark Deeds in Freeport
Therabyd
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Sangrolu » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:29 pm

I am certainly in, the only question is "at what level".

Is it true that the only way to get a print copy is to subscribe at the major donor level? In the past when I participated in Open Design, Wolfgang put up new projects on Lulu for donors; will that be happening here?

Thanks!
The reviewer also known as Psion...
Sangrolu
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Therabyd » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:11 pm

No - every patron can get a print copy. Regular patrons pay the full cover price, senior patrons get it at a discount (roughly cost for the publishing, IIRC), and major donors/sponsors get an autographed copy included with their patronage.

Hope that helps!
Therabyd
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Sangrolu » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:18 pm

It does, thanks.
The reviewer also known as Psion...
Sangrolu
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Therabyd » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:42 pm

We've posted our first preview material on koboldquarterly.com - please come check it out!

If you like it, think about joining our collection of salty dogs. :)
Therabyd
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Therabyd » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:55 am

You've probably seen the preview on the Green Ronin home page.

What you might not have heard, though, is that Adam Daigle - one of the authors of the Freeport Companion: Pathfinder RPG Edition, and a patron of Dark Deeds - has offered a signed author's copy of the Companion to one lucky new patron. You've got to sign up to win, though. :D
Therabyd
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Therabyd » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:55 pm

We're having so much fun in Freeport that we couldn't resist another preview.

Take a look at what Steven Robert - author of Pathfinder Society scenarios Tide of Morning and Citadel of Flame - did with Freeport traits here!
Therabyd
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Therabyd » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:35 pm

We've put out the last call for Dark Deeds - come read what Chris Pramas has to say about the history of Freeport here and join before the price goes up!
Therabyd
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Campaign Settings