PreBuying Gen-Con copies of DC Adventures Hero's Handbook

Have a suggestion for Green Ronin? Post it here.

Moderator: Super Moderators

PreBuying Gen-Con copies of DC Adventures Hero's Handbook

Postby Shadowchaser » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:02 pm

I don't know what GR plans to do yet, but I have a suggestion. I would like to pre-buy and reserve X number of copies of the first DC Adventures book, to be picked up at Gen-Con. I'd even pay more for a 'PDF and Hard Copy' package deal which allowed me to reserve my copies so that I didn't have to rush and stand in line at Gen-con. I Will do the latter if I must, but as I'm 'Working' the con (I'm an artist) it would be difficulty for me to run back and forth from the parking area to get my stuff and fight the crowds each way.

You could even put a fair limitation on how long you'd need to hold them (Say, only for the first two days of the con, if someone hasn't picked them up, they go up for grabs and that someone would have to pay shipping to order one when the regular shipment comes in).

Just a thought! Hope you think the suggestion has merit...
Shadowchaser
Bystander
Bystander

Re: PreBuying Gen-Con copies of DC Adventures Hero's Handboo

Postby Nikchick » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:24 pm

That's an interesting idea but I don't think it's something we can sort out for this GenCon. Basically, we're already having to do a little song and dance just to make sure we can get the copies drop-shipped in time for the convention and we had to make those arrangements before we had final approval on the book from DC, which meant we had to book in our drop-ship numbers before putting the books up for pre-order.

If we were to open up GenCon pre-orders at this point we could run into an ugly situation of having "no books for sale" at the convention (despite having piles of books at the booth) if we pre-sold everything before the convention opened. I know that I'd be pretty pissed off as a customer if I showed up GenCon Day 1 expecting to buy only to be told that I couldn't actually have any of the books I could clearly see piled up... I *really* don't want to do that to any of our fans! :oops:

However, I'll make sure we take this suggestion into consideration for future releases. Thanks!

Nicole
Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Re: PreBuying Gen-Con copies of DC Adventures Hero's Handboo

Postby Shadowchaser » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:23 pm

Nikchick wrote:That's an interesting idea but I don't think it's something we can sort out for this GenCon. Basically, we're already having to do a little song and dance just to make sure we can get the copies drop-shipped in time for the convention and we had to make those arrangements before we had final approval on the book from DC, which meant we had to book in our drop-ship numbers before putting the books up for pre-order.

If we were to open up GenCon pre-orders at this point we could run into an ugly situation of having "no books for sale" at the convention (despite having piles of books at the booth) if we pre-sold everything before the convention opened. I know that I'd be pretty pissed off as a customer if I showed up GenCon Day 1 expecting to buy only to be told that I couldn't actually have any of the books I could clearly see piled up... I *really* don't want to do that to any of our fans! :oops:

However, I'll make sure we take this suggestion into consideration for future releases. Thanks!

Nicole

Thanks for the reply, Nicole! I was hoping to make other arrangements, but I guess I'll just have to knuckle down and get in line. If I weren't working the con, it wouldn't be so bad. :)

Ah, well! I'm still looking forward to getting my grubby hands on the books, and meeting you lovely folks for the first time in the flesh. Thanks again for the reply. See y'all at Gen-con!
Shadowchaser
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Suggestion Box