Map of Bannermen

Talk about Green Ronin's A Song of Ice and Fire RPG, based on George R.R. Martin's best-selling fantasy series. Winter is here!

Map of Bannermen

Postby taybme » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:40 am

I was wondering if the core rulebook will have a map or some reference to the lands of the various (or more important) bannermen in the Seven Kingdoms.

This may be a bit too daunting a task but I realize that not everyone is going to be able to play a Stark or Lannister and taking up the cause of a mediocre but still politically prominant family (at least in regional politics) could be interesting.

GRRM provides such incredible detail on what families support which lord but at times it gets cloudy where all these people herald from.

Just a thought, of course if anyone knows where such a map already exists... I would appreciate the heads up.
taybme
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Patchface » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:31 am

There's a nicely done map in the old GoO book. I think it used to be available online as well, but the quick search I just did proved fruitless.

However, I did find two other maps that, while not quite as nice, may be helpful as well:

Map 1
Map 2

On these maps you can find the castles and strongholds of quite a few of the minor houses of Westeros. Not all of them, mind, but then I'm not sure even GRRM himself knows where exactly all of them are located. :wink:

If you want to find out which castle belongs to which house (and which region is home to which minor house), the Citadel's Heraldry page is a good place to look.

EDIT: Link to Map 1 corrected.
Last edited by Patchface on Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patchface
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby taybme » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:02 pm

That Citadel page is incredible and you are right... I bet the exact location of all the houses and what they control is a bit fuzzy. I guess with the new info we got from GR on Noble Houses, if they had planned to cut up the map further they are likely already doing it.

With the attention that GR has given to politics and diplomacy in this game, they are certainly in a good position to make a judgment call as to whether such detail is needed.

My guess is that the final version of the core book is going restate what is known and the rest wil have to be gap filled.

Thanks for the links, Patchface... very useful.
taybme
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Elio Garcia » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:40 pm

Bah, that blog site still has our map up without permission. You can find it here. It's pretty much up to date through A Feast for Crows. It's true that GRRM tends to add in more locations as he writes, rather than figuring the whole lot out.
Elio Garcia
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Patchface » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:16 pm

I didn't mean to partake in any copyright violation or some such; the link has been corrected. :oops:

Sorry about that, Elio! :)
Patchface
Dabbler
Dabbler

Return to A Song of Ice and Fire RPG