The Old Freebie?

Dragon Fist, Chris Pramas' fantasy RPG of high-flyin' martial arts action, is finally going to see print at the hands of Green Ronin. This forum is closed while the game is being re-developed.

Moderator: Super Moderators

The Old Freebie?

Postby discuit » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:48 am

Hi all,

I don't know if this is ok to ask, BUT i will anyway. ;0

Does anyone know where i can get my hands on the old version? I'd love to read through the settings and stuff as a primer for the new one. :)

If you know of somewhere please post here or email me. :)

Cheers.
discuit
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby discuit » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:22 am

I'm guessing GR have the rights to it nowadays, so i was wondering what harm there could be in letting those of us who haven't played/seen the original take a look. :)

Even just at bits of it if you don't want to release the whole thing again. ;)
discuit
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby skywalker » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:08 pm

I picked it up off the net not less than a month ago. Can't remember when but a Google search got results quick.
[b]Playing:[/b] Lure of the Expanse (Rogue Trader)
[b]Running:[/b] Unbridled Blade (Atlantis: The Second Age)
[b]Planning:[/b] None
skywalker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby discuit » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:15 pm

Yah, found it on a yahoo group. :)

It is awesome btw, and it seems my players have opted out of our WotG chargren session tomorrow night (they really dont dig it :() in favour of a good old fashioned DF Classic campaign! :D

Either way i get my wuxia fix so all is well. :)
discuit
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby dm4hire » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:57 pm

Could someone send me a link to the group the file is located at. I know I have it somewhere, but can't find it amidst all my backups. Thanks.
DM4Hire
In trees I saw her,
Brightly like blossom blooming,
'Til shadows she left.
dm4hire
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby REG » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:04 am

Uh, guys...

Technically, it's Chris Pramas's and Green Ronin's right to distribute the old material. Just because WotC distributed the old DF material for free, doesn't mean anyone have the right to distribute (or re-distribute) the material. WotC did it because it is within their right (as owners) at the time. Now, the ownership belongs to Chris.

But IF he says it's okay, then go for it.
Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

A Generation Kikaida Fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer
REG
Booster
Booster

Postby dm4hire » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:17 am

Actually I'm pretty sure WotC still owns the rights on the first print as the copyright doesn't expire for some time. Their pulling it from the website I belive was more of a discontinue as well as they sold off the product. The spread of the old product is actually benificial as I am interested in it only to get a taste till I can hold the final new product. Anyone who is not interested will not buy any form of the new one. Those who are will either buy the pdf, hardback, or both together. Most people still tend to want physical contact with their books and use the pdfs as only support. I own four different copies of True20 in pdf format and three forms of it in printed (one being a print of one of the pdfs, the second a limited print GR did, and then the final print) as an example. I know I don't represent everyone, but a lot of people are that way.
DM4Hire
In trees I saw her,
Brightly like blossom blooming,
'Til shadows she left.
dm4hire
Dabbler
Dabbler

Return to Dragon Fist