What was the verdict on Dragonfist's system?

Dragon Fist, Chris Pramas' fantasy RPG of high-flyin' martial arts action, is finally going to see print at the hands of Green Ronin. This forum is closed while the game is being re-developed.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Postby tetsujin28 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:29 am

Oh, man, that is the cover? Bummer.

But the class and system stuff sounds great. Maybe I can cover up the cover with something else 8)
tetsujin28
Devotee
Devotee

Postby Lord Gwydion » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:31 am

tetsujin28 wrote:Oh, man, that is the cover? Bummer.

But the class and system stuff sounds great. Maybe I can cover up the cover with something else 8)

I didn't like it so much first time I saw it, either, but hey, it's what's inside that counts! And it sounds like what's inside is gonna be good.
$240 worth of puddin'. Aww Yeah!
Lord Gwydion
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Tenzhi » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:28 am

tmlee15 wrote:(3) creatures aren't measured in Hit Dice but in levels just like characters

Monsters in 3.x are essentially measured in "levels" - of humanoid, giant, aberration, dragon, etc.
Tenzhi
Henchman
Henchman

Postby skywalker » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:10 pm

You are all crazy. That cover is simply gorgeous. Then again I love Tony Wong.
[b]Playing:[/b] Lure of the Expanse (Rogue Trader)
[b]Running:[/b] Unbridled Blade (Atlantis: The Second Age)
[b]Planning:[/b] None
skywalker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby Tenzhi » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:22 pm

I like the cover, although the Chinese Lion-o is a bit much. But the dragon is pretty darn cool, and dragons trump all else.
Tenzhi
Henchman
Henchman

Postby discuit » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:01 am

skywalker wrote:

You are all crazy. That cover is simply gorgeous. Then again I love Tony Wong.

I concur! I love it! :D

Having said that, i like you, really dig Tony's work. :)

On a side note, wasn't there to be some kind of big announcement after GAMA? :yar:
discuit
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby tetsujin28 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:54 pm

skywalker wrote:You are all crazy. That cover is simply gorgeous. Then again I love Tony Wong.
I can't stand his stuff -- it's garish and overdone. It's a big reason I haven't picked up Weapons of the Gods.

Also, the cover just doesn't say 'Dragonfist' to me.
tetsujin28
Devotee
Devotee

Postby REG » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:52 am

I'm kinda hoping the cover artwork will grow on me.

I mean, it took me awhile to like USS Defiant on Deep Space Nine. (My first reaction: What an Ugly Little Ship!) :D
Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

A Generation Kikaida Fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer
REG
Booster
Booster

Postby Babylon » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:19 am

tetsujin28 wrote:
skywalker wrote:You are all crazy. That cover is simply gorgeous. Then again I love Tony Wong.
I can't stand his stuff -- it's garish and overdone. It's a big reason I haven't picked up Weapons of the Gods.

Also, the cover just doesn't say 'Dragonfist' to me.

Huh... you're turning down an entire book(s) based only on the cover?
Seems like you'd be cheating yourself. I'm enjoying the book (just got wotg) art or no art.

Me, I plan to get both books and mine 'em and when I learned that the cover art was actually chinese in origin, that just solidified it for me.

Heck, it seems like the Ronins were inspired by Weapons of the Gods coming out to get Wong to do their cover!
Babylon
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nikchick » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:35 am

Babylon wrote:Heck, it seems like the Ronins were inspired by Weapons of the Gods coming out to get Wong to do their cover!

Um, not really. We got Tony to do this cover for us over two years ago. I hadn't even realized Weapons of the Gods had also used him until it was mentioned here.

I know the cover style isn't for everyone, but we think it's pretty cool.
Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby Iarmeister » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:16 pm

Hey everybody! Thought I'd chime in and add my 2 cents about Tony Wong as my first post on here...

...As far as Hong Kong style of anime goes, I like Tony Wong. I think Andy Seto is better, but Tony Wong is old school wuxia comics. I remember collecting Jademan Comics: Drunken Master, Oriental Heroes, Budha's Palm, and the Blood Sword titles religiously (and they were followed by Irom Marshal, and the Blood Sword Dynasty).

Having Tony Wong come through with the cover (and any artwork between the hardbounds), in my humble opinion, only further certifies DF as the premiere martial arts rpg scheduled to hit the market.

Cheers!
Feel the fear and do it anyway.
Iarmeister
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Babylon » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:11 am

Iarmeister wrote:Hey everybody! Thought I'd chime in and add my 2 cents about Tony Wong as my first post on here...

...As far as Hong Kong style of anime goes, I like Tony Wong. I think Andy Seto is better, but Tony Wong is old school wuxia comics. I remember collecting Jademan Comics: Drunken Master, Oriental Heroes, Budha's Palm, and the Blood Sword titles religiously (and they were followed by Irom Marshal, and the Blood Sword Dynasty).

Having Tony Wong come through with the cover (and any artwork between the hardbounds), in my humble opinion, only further certifies DF as the premiere martial arts rpg scheduled to hit the market.

I would agree Iarmaster! Though I came to DF after WOG, I'm pleased to have two books with the art I ended up discovering DF after so I'll get both... though I don't know which one I would consider premiere, not having read both yet.
Babylon
Bystander
Bystander

Previous

Return to Dragon Fist