Is the Up-dated Core Book release?

This forum has been locked to further posting but will be maintained here as an archive. Please visit http://true20.com for the True20 and Blue Rose forums.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Is the Up-dated Core Book release?

Postby Lord Abaddon of Wormwood » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:28 pm

I know the the Core True20 has gone to the printers and that the cover art has been released but can we buy the pdf of the new version of True 20 yet?

I understand that T20 has been released for awhile but with out any campaign material - this is what the search was for.

Both RPGNow and the Green Ronin Store have the book listed with the same page count but GR has the new cover whilst RPGNow still has the stock standard old one.

Lord Abaddon of Wormwood
Some Believe That We Fell From Grace. Thats Crap!! We Gave Two Weeks Notice!!!!!!!
Lord Abaddon of Wormwood
Bystander
Bystander

Postby skywalker » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:14 pm

Until the price or page count change I wouldn't risk the purchase.
[b]Playing:[/b] Lure of the Expanse (Rogue Trader)
[b]Running:[/b] Unbridled Blade (Atlantis: The Second Age)
[b]Planning:[/b] None
skywalker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Is the Up-dated Core Book release?

Postby Steve Kenson » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:00 pm

Lord Abaddon of Wormwood wrote:I know the the Core True20 has gone to the printers and that the cover art has been released but can we buy the pdf of the new version of True 20 yet?

Not yet, but we will post an announcement as soon as you can, which should be soon.
Steve Kenson
Green Ronin Publishing
Steve Kenson
Ronin Steve
Ronin Steve

Postby Ryan_Singer » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:14 am

Steve Kenson wrote:
Lord Abaddon of Wormwood wrote:I know the the Core True20 has gone to the printers and that the cover art has been released but can we buy the pdf of the new version of True 20 yet?

Not yet, but we will post an announcement as soon as you can, which should be soon.

Any update on this. It'll be march tomorrow, and I am on the edge of my seat.

-Ryan
Ryan_Singer
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Jonathan Moyer » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:51 am

Ryan_Singer wrote:It'll be march tomorrow, and I am on the edge of my seat.

Yeah, I haven't been as excited like this about a game in a while :) .
Jonathan Moyer
Cohort
Cohort

Postby johnrogers » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:57 pm

*on knees*

Please... have we angered you? Please ... need pdf ... so cold .... so cold.
johnrogers
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nikchick » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:18 am

We need to get a few things in order before the PDF will be ready to go. It's killing me, because I want to get it out there!

SassyRonin is working on the new True20 website and message boards, though, so we'll have those up and running soon. I know it's not quite as exciting as the PDF, but that will be following. Honest.

Nicole
Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby FickleGM » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:22 am

Nikchick wrote:We need to get a few things in order before the PDF will be ready to go. It's killing me, because I want to get it out there!

SassyRonin is working on the new True20 website and message boards, though, so we'll have those up and running soon. I know it's not quite as exciting as the PDF, but that will be following. Honest.

Nicole

Okay, fair enough. I do have a question, though. Since there is already discussion on the boards regarding the new settings, can we also get any answers for possible rules clarifications/changes/fixes. As we move forward with our current campaigns, it would help to know if anything will change.

For example, I have the following question at the moment (spurred by recent feedback that I gave to the Mad Irishman regarding his latest character sheet revision):

Will True20 still allow multiple Bruise/Hurt AND Dazed/Wounded conditions, as it currently does?

If we can get certain questions answered (and I realize that flooding the boards with detail-related questions would not get them all answered), it would go a long way toward alleviating the wait-induced anxiety.

Just thought I'd ask, thank you.

______
Gabriel
FickleGM
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Steve Kenson » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:32 am

FickleGM wrote:Will True20 still allow multiple Bruise/Hurt AND Dazed/Wounded conditions, as it currently does?

Yes.
Steve Kenson
Green Ronin Publishing
Steve Kenson
Ronin Steve
Ronin Steve

Postby FickleGM » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:05 pm

Steve Kenson wrote:
FickleGM wrote:Will True20 still allow multiple Bruise/Hurt AND Dazed/Wounded conditions, as it currently does?

Yes.

Awesome...Thank you.

Also, I noted in the True Sorcery thread that RJS wrote this:

RJS wrote:I put a bullet in the head of Magic Use and replaced it with Spellcraft. In Steve's True20 adaptaptation, the spellcaster uses Spellcraft instead of adept level.

So, I am going to move forward with the idea that a new skill is going to be used. Will this new skill be compensated for in the Adept role (i.e. as a free skill or by the Adept gaining one extra skill choice)?
FickleGM
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Rubio » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:58 am

I'm probably missing something really obvious here, but just to confirm: those of us who purchased the PDF through RPGNow get an update, right?
"Fungah! Foiled again!"
-Bowser

"This is beginning to PISS ME OFF!
Does this place have a never-ending supply of WEIRD STUFF!?"
-Susano Orbatos, Orion
Rubio
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nikchick » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:26 am

That's correct. Everyone who bought the original True20 PDF will get the updated and expanded version for no additional cost.
Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby Rubio » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:44 am

Oh good. I was just wondering because it didn't explicitly say and I had a vague feeling that it might have been only for them whot got it through the GR online store.
Last edited by Rubio on Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Fungah! Foiled again!"
-Bowser

"This is beginning to PISS ME OFF!
Does this place have a never-ending supply of WEIRD STUFF!?"
-Susano Orbatos, Orion
Rubio
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Lord Abaddon of Wormwood » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:50 pm

Ok we're getting into the month nicely now... so were is it?

I still a tad miffed that I didn't get the pdf in its basic format thus having the upgrade. I guess I shouldn't have waited for the announcment. The bummer is that I still have to pick up BR Companion, M&M2e plus the newly priced True20.

Yes this is a rant so don't get too defensive.

Lord Abaddon of Wormwood
Some Believe That We Fell From Grace. Thats Crap!! We Gave Two Weeks Notice!!!!!!!
Lord Abaddon of Wormwood
Bystander
Bystander

Postby damiller » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:13 pm

Nikchick wrote:That's correct. Everyone who bought the original True20 PDF will get the updated and expanded version for no additional cost.

Just question, do you mean the PDF that was out "Original" and "Revised", because I have what is called the Revised True20 PDF. Does that count?

d :D
If you can't trust GOD, who in the Hell can you trust?

Myth: the thirst for the EXTRA-ordinary and the non-literal.
damiller
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Nikchick » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:32 pm

Lord Abaddon of Wormwood wrote:Ok we're getting into the month nicely now... so were is it?

Indeed, we're now six whole days into March, it's true. As Chris said in his original announcement, the True20 Adventure Roleplay PDF will be released about a week before the print product is ready for stores.

No offense, Lord Abaddon of Wormwood, but as the stripped down, bare-bones True20 PDF was available for sale for over nine months before we took it down to replace it with the full-release version. It's not like we had it available for a month and then took it down for a year while we tinkered with it or something. :lol:
Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby Nikchick » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:33 pm

damiller wrote:
Nikchick wrote:That's correct. Everyone who bought the original True20 PDF will get the updated and expanded version for no additional cost.

Just question, do you mean the PDF that was out "Original" and "Revised", because I have what is called the Revised True20 PDF. Does that count?

d :D

Perhaps I should have said: "Everyone who bought a prior version of the True20 PDF will get the updated and expanded version for no additional cost."? :yar:
Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby Strand0 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:51 pm

Yah! :D

8)
It is said that 'he who makes the best egg-salad shall rule over heaven and Earth'. ... Don't ask me why egg-salad, I have enough agravation.
Strand0
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby Lord Abaddon of Wormwood » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:01 pm

Nikchick,

None taken - I think it was my version of that time of the month.

I know it was up forever and a day but I was just getting ansy. I need a fix and don't know here to start - Wait for True20 or go the BRCompanion. I know that I will get the Magic Supp. for True20 which will kinda make BRCompanion a tad less useful (only a tad).

Lord Abaddon of Wormwood
Lord Abaddon of Wormwood
Bystander
Bystander

Postby tetsujin28 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:34 am

Sweet! :) I'm really looking forward to Mecha vs. Kaiju.
tetsujin28
Devotee
Devotee

Return to True20 Archives