True 20: Mecha Vs. Kaiju.

This forum has been locked to further posting but will be maintained here as an archive. Please visit http://true20.com for the True20 and Blue Rose forums.

Moderator: Super Moderators

True 20: Mecha Vs. Kaiju.

Postby Korzon » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:39 pm

Mecha vs. Kaiju (Big Finger Games): Mecha Assault Force, unite! The elite MAF uses psychic powers and giant fighting mecha to defend their homeland against the kaiju, giant monsters that are the spawn of science gone wrong.

I love this setting idea, so I wanted to open up a special topic for it. A few questions.
1. Can the setting be easily adapted to those Good old BAD Toho films of the 1960's? Life just isn't complete unless you can recreate the tag team match between Godzilla, Jet Jaguar and Gigan.
2. How much "non-monster" play is supported? The setting seems to imply that you'll be out of your mech doing special ops stuff as much as you will be in it.
3. Can you build MechaGodzilla? :green:
Korzon
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Strand0 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:04 pm

I've long had a dream of of Campaign that is a cross between Star Trek/Macross/Sliders. I hope this will give me what I need.
(I hope I'll find the time.)

Looky!
It is said that 'he who makes the best egg-salad shall rule over heaven and Earth'. ... Don't ask me why egg-salad, I have enough agravation.
Strand0
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby Stormborn » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:36 am

Can someone in the know tell us if it has rules for making Kaiju? There are several mecha rules out there, but rules for matching them up with giant mosnsters, or creating giant monsters to fight them, not sos as I can find it.
Check out No Other Gods from Highmoon Media!
Stormborn
Bystander
Bystander

Postby tetsujin28 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:37 am

I await this with baited breath.
tetsujin28
Devotee
Devotee

Postby Nikchick » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:22 pm

Big Finger Games posted a little about their setting in this thread at EN World when we announced the setting search winners there. I don't know if Johnathan stops by here regularly, but he'd be the person who could discuss his setting in more detail.
Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby Strand0 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:18 pm

Good info-

It also has a button for asking question. 8)
It is said that 'he who makes the best egg-salad shall rule over heaven and Earth'. ... Don't ask me why egg-salad, I have enough agravation.
Strand0
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Return to True20 Archives