Homebrew True20 Sci-Fi

This forum has been locked to further posting but will be maintained here as an archive. Please visit http://true20.com for the True20 and Blue Rose forums.

Homebrew True20 Sci-Fi

Postby mactavish » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:23 pm

I am profoundly ashamed to say that I bought a copy of True20 at GenCon and only opened it for the first time today! It was in my backpack and was packed away as we moved to a new house just a couple days after returning from Indianapolis. I didn't look too closely at it as I also bought M&M 2e at the convention, and that took most of my attention.

In any case, I've finally cracked the spine on the book and taken a look. WOW! It's really a heck of a lot better than plain ol' vanilla d20... but I expected no less from Steve Kenson.

Anyway, I am keen on developing a new setting using True20 as the mechanical system, but there are some aspects missing from the True20 book regarding science fiction settings. How are you folks accomplishing the addition of sci-fi aspects in your True20 setting? Are you copying stuff from d20 Future, coming up with house rules, or what?

My setting is pretty light on rules at this point, but I have about 20 pages of background (some of which I'll post here when I get to it and clean it up a bit).

So anyway, suggestions for modifying True20 for a early 22nd-century setting (humans only to start, newly developed FTL drive, two hyperpowers [China & US] vying for control of space, alien artifacts, etc.), specifically rules for ship combat.

Gracias.

mactavish out.
mactavish
Bystander
Bystander

Postby timemrick » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:11 pm

The hardcover version will include two SF settings (see the press release thread), which I'm guessing would give you more details on vehicles and other equipment.
timemrick

Postby Rubio » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:11 am

Please refresh my memory and/or point me to the right thread:

Do those of us who ordered and have received a PDF copy get some sort of discount on the upcoming hardcover release?
"Fungah! Foiled again!"
-Bowser

"This is beginning to PISS ME OFF!
Does this place have a never-ending supply of WEIRD STUFF!?"
-Susano Orbatos, Orion
Rubio
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nikchick » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:34 am

Rubio wrote:Do those of us who ordered and have received a PDF copy get some sort of discount on the upcoming hardcover release?

Sorry, no plans for that. We're just not set up to try to administer any sort of broad customer-tracking/discounting program. We feel we're offering the material in different formats for largely different user groups, like offering a movie on DVD or VHS, or selling books in both hardcover and audiobook. Some people are loyal to one format, some people by both, depending on what utility they need.
Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Return to True20 Archives