Nature House Rule

This forum has been locked to further posting but will be maintained here as an archive. Please visit http://true20.com for the True20 and Blue Rose forums.

Nature House Rule

Postby Zulgyan » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:32 pm

(House rule)
NATURE
You may choose two virtues or a virtue and a vice. You may not choose two vices.

Any comments?
Zulgyan
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Warzen » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:28 am

Vice helps PCs to be more human. Do not remove it.

W.
Warzen
Bystander
Bystander

Postby timemrick » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:19 am

Heroes get boring pretty quickly if they don't have flaws. Vices are a way to give a tangible reward for role-playing those traits.

Virtues and Vices are a simplification of Blue Rose's Light and Shadow Natures. In BR, even the most "light-aligned" character has a Shadow Nature--the temptation is always there, even if you always resist it. In desperate circumstances, even a pure-hearted hero can fall from grace in a moment of weakness. In game terms, if you need more Conviction, and the situation makes your Vice much easier to fulfill than your Virtue, it can be very tempting to give in and do so in order to accomplish your goal. (The road to Hell is paved with good intentions...)
timemrick

Postby Zulgyan » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:49 pm

Remeber that choosing 2 virtues is only an option. You may choose a virtue and vice no problem.

This houserule was thought for players I frequent that due to their ethical believes may not want to be "rewarded" by inmoralities. But of course this is just a game where the point is to have fun. I only wanted to give those players, and myself, an option.
Zulgyan
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Stareyes » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:56 pm

It need not be an ethical dilemma. Some of the Blue Rose options are 'Indecisive', 'Excessivly Nostalgic', 'Stubborn', 'Complacent', 'Overzealous', 'Impatient', 'Narrow-minded', and so on. All of these can usually lead to less desirable outcomes, or annoy people, but none are unethical behaviors.
Stareyes
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Zulgyan » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:03 pm

hmmm... I'll take that in consideration... thx
Zulgyan
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Dragonspawn » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:55 am

In fact if you want to be sure that characters are "punished" for amoral or evil actions you could introduce the corruption mechanic from blue rose.
Dragonspawn
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Return to True20 Archives