No really, how does damage work?

This forum has been locked to further posting but will be maintained here as an archive. Please visit http://true20.com for the True20 and Blue Rose forums.

Postby Nikchick » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:15 pm

FickleGM wrote:
Warbringer wrote:
A character cannot take a second occurance of the Disabled or Staggered injury levels, but instead automatically take the next level of injury (Unconscious for Staggered and Dying + Unconscious for Disabled).


What if the character takes a wound? Is it the next stage, or just a wound?

These changes, all be it only in interpretation, certainly make the game less deadly


That would just be another Wounded (with the accompanying Dazed). Nothing more, nothing less...


Just so you guys don't get too up in arms about no one answering, I thought I should pop in and let you know that Chris, Steve, Robert, and I are all in the UK at the moment (most of us without reliable net access) and aren't monitoring the boards until we get back and get caught up sometime next week. :green:
Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Seattle, WA USA

Postby FickleGM » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:47 pm

Nikchick wrote:Just so you guys don't get too up in arms about no one answering, I thought I should pop in and let you know that Chris, Steve, Robert, and I are all in the UK at the moment (most of us without reliable net access) and aren't monitoring the boards until we get back and get caught up sometime next week. :green:


Not up in arms, just worried and concerned :wink: .

Thank you for the update, I appreciate it (psst guys, the moderators aren't looking, let's trash the place >:) ).
User avatar
FickleGM
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:53 am

Postby Nikchick » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:32 pm

FickleGM wrote:Thank you for the update, I appreciate it (psst guys, the moderators aren't looking, let's trash the place >:) ).


Ha! Ya'll have had your fun, I'm afraid. Now that you've caught my attention, I'm pulling in the Mod Squad from the M&M boards to use their Super Mod Powers before anyone sets the curtains on fire. :yar:

Nicole
Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Seattle, WA USA

Postby Tim Gray » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:53 pm

Nikchick wrote:
FickleGM wrote:Thank you for the update, I appreciate it (psst guys, the moderators aren't looking, let's trash the place >:) ).


Ha! Ya'll have had your fun, I'm afraid. Now that you've caught my attention, I'm pulling in the Mod Squad from the M&M boards to use their Super Mod Powers before anyone sets the curtains on fire. :yar:

Nicole

Curtains? There are no curtains. There never were any curtains. And yes, this coat is well padded for the winter. *hurried exit*

What are you guys doing over here in the UK? GenCon?
Tim Gray
Dabbler
Dabbler
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:47 pm

Postby Nomad4life » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:09 pm

Multiple wounds, huh? Looks like I’ve been using the damage mechanic wrong this whole time, although the “new” way does remind me more of the similar M&M mechanic, now that I think about it.
Nomad4life
Bystander
Bystander
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:04 pm

Postby Zulgyan » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:52 pm

If you acummulate daze wounds. Does each daze wound stun you for that round?
Zulgyan
Bystander
Bystander
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:03 pm

Postby Tim Gray » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:01 am

Zulgyan wrote:If you acummulate daze wounds. Does each daze wound stun you for that round?

Yes. In fact, that is the main effect of wounds beyond the first (as well as longer healing time).
Tim Gray
Dabbler
Dabbler
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:47 pm

Postby FickleGM » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:32 am

Tim Gray wrote:
Zulgyan wrote:If you acummulate daze wounds. Does each daze wound stun you for that round?

Yes. In fact, that is the main effect of wounds beyond the first (as well as longer healing time).


...and the -1 per Wound/Daze to future toughness saves (of the appropriate type of damage - as per Hurt/Bruised)...
User avatar
FickleGM
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:53 am

Postby Zulgyan » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:04 am

Can you try to recover during combat? say, from a disabled status?
Zulgyan
Bystander
Bystander
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:03 pm

Postby FickleGM » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:27 am

Zulgyan wrote:Can you try to recover during combat? say, from a disabled status?


I would say, yes...provided Conviction is used...
User avatar
FickleGM
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:53 am

Postby reverend keith » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:56 pm

Zulgyan wrote:Can you try to recover during combat? say, from a disabled status?

Conviction allows you to take an immediate recovery check. If you are short of Conviction (and are using Blue Rose magic items), you can always drink a Healing Elixir for the same immediate bonus recovery check.
keithalanjohnson AT gmail.com
GMing:
Sandstorm (weekly GURPS Dark Sun)
Savage Frontier (weekly GURPS Dungeon Fantasy)
The Promise of Fear (biweekly Changeling: the Lost)
reverend keith
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:13 pm
Location: Fremont, California

Postby Zulgyan » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:42 pm

Why not recovering during combat by simply rolling a Constitucion Check?
Zulgyan
Bystander
Bystander
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:03 pm

Postby reverend keith » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:01 pm

Zulgyan wrote:Why not recovering during combat by simply rolling a Constitucion Check?

Recovery rolls are constitution checks at a DC of 10.

If you let characters make recovery checks every time they are wounded, you are going to end up with some very long combats.
keithalanjohnson AT gmail.com
GMing:
Sandstorm (weekly GURPS Dark Sun)
Savage Frontier (weekly GURPS Dungeon Fantasy)
The Promise of Fear (biweekly Changeling: the Lost)
reverend keith
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:13 pm
Location: Fremont, California

Postby FickleGM » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:01 pm

Zulgyan wrote:Why not recovering during combat by simply rolling a Constitucion Check?


I would only agree with this if the proper amount of "rest" time has been observed. I would think that this "rest" time would be hard to come by during combat, but if your party can cover you while you rest and recover, I would probably allow it.
User avatar
FickleGM
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:53 am

Postby Tim Gray » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:11 am

Zulgyan wrote:Why not recovering during combat by simply rolling a Constitucion Check?

Even the lightest damage requires a minute of rest for natural healing. The benefit of spending Conviction or using magic is that you can do this more or less instantly.
Tim Gray
Dabbler
Dabbler
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:47 pm

Previous

Return to True20 Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests