True20 Setting Search

This forum has been locked to further posting but will be maintained here as an archive. Please visit http://true20.com for the True20 and Blue Rose forums.

Postby Ki Ryn » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:24 pm

The entry for BlackWyrm Games has like-wise been sent, and we too agonized over what to cut out to get our setting proposal down to "about 15,000 words".

Good luck to everyone who took advantage of this excellent opportunity - it will be very interesting to see what all ends up in the final product.

Ryan Wolfe
BlackWrym Games
http://www.blackwyrm.com/
Ki Ryn
Bystander
Bystander

Postby LeaderDesslok » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:27 pm

Our Silven Publishing entry was painfully cut to meet the requirements for submission. Still, I'm damn proud of it.

Good luck to everyone!
Michael Thompson
D20 Mechanics Editor
Silven Publishing
www.silven.com
LeaderDesslok
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Seeker of Truth » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:53 pm

I'm just curious if any info on the winners will be announced before the release of True20 in hardcover.
People are Stupid
- Wizard's First Rule

I'm a gambler, a farmer, and I'm taking over your bloody army!
- Mat Cauthon

Ryle hira
- Lirin saying

And yes, I do know how much of a corrupted fantasy geek I am. Thank you ;)
Seeker of Truth
Bystander
Bystander

Postby GoRocket » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:23 am

Seeker of Truth wrote:I'm just curious if any info on the winners will be announced before the release of True20 in hardcover.

I would certainly hope so. We are expected to be able to produce settings-related products soon after the True20 hardback is published. If we have to wait until the book comes out, that delays our products. Doesn't make sense to me unless GR wants to make it a big surprise. It would be more practical to let us know, but agree not to say anything until the book comes out. I could live with that.
GoRocket
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby urizen » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:26 am

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we didn't find out until december.

I could be wrong of course. It just seems to me that Green Ronin is a company that stands by what they say they are going to do.

Now, looking back at the FAQ, it doesn't state specifically that the winners will be notified beforehand. It just says the winners will be announced in december.

You can look at that statement in a couple of ways. It could mean that the winners will be publically announced in December, giving GR latitude as to when they "Privately" announce winners, or you can take it at face value and get used to the idea that we are going to have to wait until december to find out.

GR's production schedule for their books isn't tied to what we as publishers do with our own products, so there is no reason we should expect GR to coordinate a release with us.

If they had said (in private or otherwise) that they would be coordinating with the winners to ensure that all companies released products in conjunction with the release of the HC, that would be different.

As far as I can tell, there is nothing to lead me to believe that though.

Just my thoughts, I could be wrong.
urizen
Bystander
Bystander

Postby GoRocket » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:40 am

urizen wrote:I wouldn't be surprised at all if we didn't find out until december.

I could be wrong of course. It just seems to me that Green Ronin is a company that stands by what they say they are going to do.

Now, looking back at the FAQ, it doesn't state specifically that the winners will be notified beforehand. It just says the winners will be announced in december.

You can look at that statement in a couple of ways. It could mean that the winners will be publically announced in December, giving GR latitude as to when they "Privately" announce winners, or you can take it at face value and get used to the idea that we are going to have to wait until december to find out.

GR's production schedule for their books isn't tied to what we as publishers do with our own products, so there is no reason we should expect GR to coordinate a release with us.

If they had said (in private or otherwise) that they would be coordinating with the winners to ensure that all companies released products in conjunction with the release of the HC, that would be different.

As far as I can tell, there is nothing to lead me to believe that though.

Just my thoughts, I could be wrong.

You're right. Of course, GR has no obligation to us third party folks one way or the other. I'm just saying it would be smarter for them to let us know and sign an NDA and let us keep working on our releases 'in secret' so that they can be released in January - February.
GoRocket
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby urizen » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:21 am

Yeah, It definately would be nice.

I'm itching to find out.
urizen
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Tim Gray » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:43 am

Seems like we're now in the Finding Out phase.

Mine didn't make it. :(

Having done the work, I'm going to have a think about what other route I can take with the setting.

It'll be interesting to see what does get in to the two products.
Tim Gray
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby LeaderDesslok » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:43 am

I feel your pain Tim. Our submission didn't make it either. :cry:

I'm hoping I can find time to rewrite and do a major expansion to the setting, then publish under our own umbrella. Still, it is a bit of a letdown. I thought it was some of my finest work. Live and learn.
Michael Thompson
D20 Mechanics Editor
Silven Publishing
www.silven.com
LeaderDesslok
Bystander
Bystander

Postby langeweile » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:50 am

if you compete with the tops, being "just being within the best" pitily doesn't make it - but no shame on you, i thinks yours will very good still.
ever bothered a normal license or just submitting the setting via the normal green ronin policy, so they publish the stuff themselfs under their label ?
langeweile
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Tim Gray » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:08 am

Although of course I'm very interested to hear other people's viewpoints on this, perhaps I should say that Nikchick asked me not to talk about this in public as they don't want any info about who's in (or not) to get loose and spoil Dragon mag's exclusive, so other folks probably shouldn't say whether they're in or out in this forum.
Tim Gray
Dabbler
Dabbler

Previous

Return to True20 Archives