Combining T20 with Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

This forum has been locked to further posting but will be maintained here as an archive. Please visit http://true20.com for the True20 and Blue Rose forums.

Postby Dragonspawn » Wed May 04, 2005 12:57 pm

Well I'm considering converting the "power behind the throne" campaign from WFRP to true d20

I think you just need to use the grittier setting with the true d20 rules... thats the simplest way to do it anyhow.

The one thing that comes to mind that you may want to import is WFRP's critical hit system... where its relatively common for characters to loose limbs and suffer other such grevious injury.
Dragonspawn
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Dragonspawn » Thu May 05, 2005 6:21 am

Well I don't own a copy of WHFRP (at least not yet) so I can't look up how the system is written, but I't imagine it can't be too hard to port things from one game to another...

WHFRP is a d10 based game as I recall... everything is rolled on a d10 (10% per 1 point increment) or a d100 1% per 1 point increment). True20 is of course a d20 based system (5% per 1 point increment).

So bonuses to any d10 roll in WHFRP would be doubled to get the true20 bonus, and bonuses to a d100 roll would be divided by five to get the true20 bonus.

If direct conversion is too complicated, or infeasable, you could just make a system where anytime a true20 character suffers a "disabled" condition from lethal damage they must make a second toughness save (vs the DC of the blow they just recieved). If this save is failed, roll on the follofwing table:

roll 1d20:
1-3 right leg severed/destroyed, reduced to half movement & can't run.
4-6 left leg severed/destroyed, reduced to half movement & cant run.
7-8 right arm severed/destroyed.
9 right hand severed/destroyed.
10-11 left arm severed/destroyed.
12 left hand severed/destroyed.
13-15 Torso shatered, 1 point of con and character is now considered dying.
16-18 head damaged, loose 1 point of Int, and character is now considered dying.
19-20 - eye destroyed, loose 1 point of cha. (-2 to ranged attacks when reduced to 1 eye, permanently blinded once all eyes are lost.)

Thats just off the top of my head, I'd have to playtest it to see how it works in actuality.
Dragonspawn
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Return to True20 Archives