CityBuilder Game

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Postby Crackerjack » Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:19 am

excuse me
the aquatic avenger, Harrier II

sorry for the mistake.
Must have jets on the mind.
"Look out boys, it's Astro City's greatest hero!"
"Hey, I dont see Samaritan anywhere..."
Crackerjack
Booster
Booster

Postby Crackerjack » Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:34 pm

you know, I really hope one of you all comes up with the top dog hero, cuz all my ideas are /really/ bad!
Crackerjack
Booster
Booster

Postby mrobviousjosh » Sun Aug 10, 2003 5:41 pm

Crackerjack wrote:you know, I really hope one of you all comes up with the top dog hero, cuz all my ideas are /really/ bad!

Ok OK, I'll take a stab with a name and general concept. Someone else can do the write-up though. His secret identity is Trevor Jones, a "mild mannered" hardware store owner. He discovered he had the ability to transform his body into a beacon of strength (all stats increase from his normal ones, which are no higher than 12?). He had his lovely wife sew his original costume, she thinking it would be a halloween costume. To her surprise a superhero was seen wearing it just slightly afterwards. Trevor claimed he threw it away.
When in his altered state, which has a flaw of reverting to his original form if he is knocked unconscious, he has glowing energy blasts from his fists, the ability to fly, and a slew of other powers. He goes by the name "Lieutenant Power" (unless someone on this board can think of a better one.)

Well, there's a springboard. :D
If you send someone to save the world, you better make sure they like it the way it is.
-Triple X-
mrobviousjosh
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby Strand0 » Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:57 pm

I was hoping no one would want NPC heroes. After all that is what the PC would be for. :)
Strand0
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby mrobviousjosh » Sun Aug 10, 2003 7:37 pm

I figure it's the same kind of a thing as the Freedom League. Just an established superhero/group that's all. Like a springboard. :)
If you send someone to save the world, you better make sure they like it the way it is.
-Triple X-
mrobviousjosh
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby Crackerjack » Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:15 pm

Our city has been host to many great heroes in it's time- The Citizen, Norn, Swordbearer and the Shining Shieldsman.
However, as the waning heroes of our glory days faced villains more devious and powerfull than they had ever encountered, they realized that they would not be able to protect us much longer.
Together these four noble heroes, whose powers came from sources magical, alien, and through sheer will and genius, consolidated their strength and determination, all of their power into a device crafted by another waning hero, the Underking. Using his mystic hammer, the Underking sealed the energies of the Citizen, Norn, Swordbearer and Sheildsman into the a diamond focus, the PowerSource!
Then, the brave crimefighters hurled themselves into battle once more, with the last of the power, against the newly formed Crime Brotherhood. Our depleted heroes stood no match, but in order to save the city released the PowerSource to save the life of Trevor Jones, an innocent bystander wounded under a building felled by the Brotherhood. In the brilliant light, Jones transformed into an incarnate of our heroes of old, a beacon of strength to protect the innocent! Flying into battle he lead Citizen and company to victory, saving the city and laying down a course for the future.
The Citizen and Shieldsman died that day from wounds of the battle, leaving the Norn and the greiving Swordbearer to put away their capes for good. They could rest easy, at least, knowing that a new hero was there to keep the city, and the world, safe.
This is how Trevor Jones became the heroic Power Warder!!!
Crackerjack
Booster
Booster

Postby Crackerjack » Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:16 pm

Our city has been host to many great heroes in it's time- The Citizen, Norn, Swordbearer and the Shining Shieldsman.
However, as the waning heroes of our glory days faced villains more devious and powerfull than they had ever encountered, they realized that they would not be able to protect us much longer.
Together these four noble heroes, whose powers came from sources magical, alien, and through sheer will and genius, consolidated their strength and determination, all of their power into a device crafted by another waning hero, the Underking. Using his mystic hammer, the Underking sealed the energies of the Citizen, Norn, Swordbearer and Sheildsman into the a diamond focus, the PowerSource!
Then, the brave crimefighters hurled themselves into battle once more, with the last of the power, against the newly formed Crime Brotherhood. Our depleted heroes stood no match, but in order to save the city released the PowerSource to save the life of Trevor Jones, an innocent bystander wounded under a building felled by the Brotherhood. In the brilliant light, Jones transformed into an incarnate of our heroes of old, a beacon of strength to protect the innocent! Flying into battle he lead Citizen and company to victory, saving the city and laying down a course for the future.
The Citizen and Shieldsman died that day from wounds of the battle, leaving the Norn and the greiving Swordbearer to put away their capes for good. They could rest easy, at least, knowing that a new hero was there to keep the city, and the world, safe.
Crackerjack
Booster
Booster

Postby Crackerjack » Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:17 pm

Crackerjack
Booster
Booster

Postby Crackerjack » Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:20 pm

Crackerjack
Booster
Booster

Postby Crackerjack » Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:21 pm

Crackerjack
Booster
Booster

Postby Crackerjack » Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:30 pm

I took up a more indepth look at your idea for the city's greatest, Josh, but I couldnt post it. Ill do so sometime soon but meanwhile lets continue the game.

Next: A giant city destroying monster
Crackerjack
Booster
Booster

Postby Crackerjack » Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:31 pm

oh crap. This...bugs...please..dont hurt me x.x;;;
Crackerjack
Booster
Booster

Postby Crackerjack » Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:05 pm

Sorry about the accidental multipost. Hopefully a mod will come by and fix it...or someone coudl show me how or something :oops:

Anywho...
As you saw, next in the game is a giant city destroying monster and we'll play from there.

Also, as far as names, by now it's been down to Tristar, Dante, and Shining Bay, but Tristar has gotten no recommendations (cept by me ^_^!) while Dante and Shining have, so I guess it's between
DANTE CITY
and
SHINING BAY

give me your 2 cents.

Finally... how do ya think the games going so far, 'sides my most recent error?
Crackerjack
Booster
Booster

Postby mrobviousjosh » Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:38 pm

Well, I was just throwing out an idea. :wink: Glad you liked the concept, although it really was just a real quick concept. :)
-Triple X-
mrobviousjosh
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby Nightlynx » Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:40 pm

mrobviousjosh wrote:I figure it's the same kind of a thing as the Freedom League. Just an established superhero/group that's all. Like a springboard. :)

Yeah that was what i had in mind when I posted the call for him as the case was! I reallt like the iead and the background was really kinda cool.

next in the game is a giant city destroying monster

The Star-Spawn

This alien creature comes to a new planet in the an "egg" the crashs into the earth like a meteor - when its crashes it will open and a giant larva will emerge (Think purple worm from D&D) and will begin to consume all organic material it can find - then once it reaches stage two it will cocoon itself and emerge as a giant humanoid spider breed composed of a hard metallic like substance (think giant Drider from D&D with spider's head)
it will cover a city in webs and feed until it grows into monsterous size - it will create a nest and lay eggs - from these eggs will hatch "face-huggers" that will implant in any humanoids that are left eggs - from these implantations will hatch "Drones" - humanoid creatures with spider like heads and four arms that will begin the process of collecting any and all life to feed to the Queen or for her to implant with eggs - At the end of the Star-Spawn's life cycle it will lay several million eggs that will hatch larva that burrow to the center of a planet cause a geo-thermal explosion - releasing millions of Star-Spawn eggs into space so that this cycle can start again!

Next up:

super prison

and my vote is for Shining Bay :)

peace and good gaming

Nightlynx
Something unprecedented is just being born, and I want to see it. But it is the one thing I break even by tounching it. Randomness. - GOD
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Crackerjack » Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:29 pm

well even if we dont keep Power Warder as that important, at least the background of having the old heroes like Citizen, Norn, Shining Shieldsman, and Swordbearer is cool.
Crackerjack
Booster
Booster

Postby Strand0 » Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:34 pm

Crackerjack wrote:oh crap. This...bugs...please..dont hurt me x.x;;;
When you are logged in, you should have a EDIT button. You can knock out the text from some of these Dup-s. :)
Strand0
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby Nightlynx » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:55 am

Crackerjack wrote:well even if we dont keep Power Warder as that important, at least the background of having the old heroes like Citizen, Norn, Shining Shieldsman, and Swordbearer is cool.

Yes these are great ideas all - I for one like the idea of having a single "big Cheese" hero for a city - Batman has Gotham - Spiderman has New York - Superman in Metropolis etc but this doesn't keep other heroes from being an acitve part of these cities or settings...

So now all we need is someone to tackle the next landmark:

A super prison

peace and good gaming
Nightlynx
Something unprecedented is just being born, and I want to see it. But it is the one thing I break even by tounching it. Randomness. - GOD
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Previous

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives