Storn's Character and Art Thread

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Postby Storn » Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:13 am

Dominique wrote:How about somethig a PDF source book for RPGnet? with the background material from your campaign?

Well, there is a couple of problems there.
One; I'm not much of a writer.

Two; it is a shared campaign world. Much of my plots and elements are "borrowed" from Neil's bigger picture campaigns. So they are not mine to publish.

Three; I have my own pet projects that eat up considerable time. I just don't have the time to do a PDF.

But I appreciate the thought.
Storn A. Cook
Visual Storytelling
http://www.stornc.rpggallery.com/
Storn
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Storn » Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:15 am

Dogbiter wrote:hey Storn. Huge fan.

Iwas reading on the internet about the character commisions that you do. I did not notice a timetable for how quick you might get the artwork to the byer. (Not to say the info wasnt there, im infamous for my ability to overlook things/lack of intelligence). Anyway just wondering how soon I could expect a picture of my character after you recived the payment.

Thanks

Unfortunately, it depends. Right now, I have no private character commissions, I could probably turn one around in a week of receiving the check or paypal or what have you.

Generally, I try to do a commission within 2 weeks. But I do have to be honest, sometimes they can sit awhile during a period of tight deadlines for published work. But that is fairly rare. Most of the time it is within 2 weeks.
Storn A. Cook
Visual Storytelling
Storn
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Storn » Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:28 am

jonson wrote:** BUMP **

When is the next scheduled get together for youse-guys???
Need by "Storn Game" fix!

Gencon and the aftermath of getting heinously sick as really crimped any updates. However, this update, Malta 2, is from before Gencon and I just never wrote it up:

Malta Two: Things go boom!
cast: Lori Watterson aka Cyberblade (Neil), Bryan Fury (Eric), Roy Montgomery (James) and Armin Graf (Rick).

I gained a new player, Rick, who had played before but was coming back into the group. His PC was to be Armin Graf, a troubleshooter for Suisse Bank. He quit Suisse because of certain Nazi money scandals. He comes to Malta, simply for a vacation... and a strange sense of being called. When he touches Malta soil for the first time, a bolt of electricity shoots through his body from the ground up. Doesn’t hurt, but it does startle.
Meanwhile (I love that word! It such a comic book term!), the agents off of the Der Stachelrochen (the Stingray, a yacht were Lori’s sister, Holly aka Gunmetal Silk was being held. Your continuity ed. natch.) were combing the small town of Ot looking for Lori. She was doing the same looking for them. Fury moved up to a rooftop for an above view. And Roy continued to monitor Der Stachelrochen.
{GM note: The name Ot came about from me marking the map and saying something about “our town”. Neil shortened it to “Ot”. If you look at a map of Malta, the name will not stand out. It has some of the most bizarro names I’ve heard in my life}
The agents, now 6 in number on the island after picking up 4 reinforcements from the airport have parked their jeep outside of Ot. Fury spots the jeep. Lori (remember, in civilian clothes) moves to intercept their possible path from her position in the market.
2 of the Rochen Agents also climb to a nearby rooftop, but do not see Fury on his own perch. Fury sees them. Reports that info in to Lori. 4 of the Agents move down one of Ot’s more quaint commercial streets towards the market in textbook surveillance diamond pattern.
Lori spots them. As does the poor, vacationing, unsuspecting Armin Graf who was doing some window shopping. Lori slips past the pointman, goes thru an alley and comes up on the rear agent of the diamond pattern. The agent spots her, and pulls a strange energy pistol {designed to mess up cybernetics like Lori}.
Armin also spots the gun being pulled. Chaos ensues. Lori engages one agent. The other nearby agent (in the middle of the pattern) reacts. Armin, a long time practitioner of Savate, sweeps the reacting agent. And then steps on his forearm so hard that the agent’s pistol flies up into the air. Armin snatches out of the air... Lori spins, drawing her gun and the two end up pointing pistols at each other at about 5 paces. Luckily for the both of them.... they did work together about 2 years ago and recognition seeps in.
The 2 agents on the rooftop scamper to come to their fellow agents dire situation. Fury starts to pursue, but loses them in the maze. He opts to roof top jumping to get closer.
The 2 agents near the market place start to converge towards Armin and Lori. Shots are fired. The crowd disperses with shrieks. Lori puts down one of the agents with a couple of shots, but he manages to crawl under cover. Lori continues to move closer to the market place. Armin is trying to muscle the agent they’ve taken out into the alleyway as per Loir’s request.
On Der Stachelrochen, all kinds of activity breaks out. Roy reports 2 divers with acetelyne torches going over the side of the boat and the manic Dr. Boloz inciting everyone to hurry.
Fury manages to spot 1 of the former rooftop agents and pounces. Another agent goes down. The other rooftop agent runs thru a maze of alleyways right into Armin struggling with the unconcious comrade. Armin disarms the agent and a nifty fight in the alley way breaks out. Eventually, the agent goes down.
Lori closes on the wounded agent and eliminates that threat.
The last agent who is untouched realizes that the mission is fubar’d and starts to move out, laying down enough shots to hold off Lori. What he doesn’t contend with is Fury jumping across rooftops... comes to the market place directly over the fleeing agent. Another pounce and in one swift, brutal action, that agent is taken out.
The team quickly rounds up who is alive, but unconcious for interrogation later, takes the Agent’s jeep and melts into the alleys of Ot. Lori and Armin, during this time, spot the mysterious Maltese Cross (now in adobe camoflauge to blend in with the buildings during daytime). The Cross mentions a welcome to Armin by name, surprising Armin completely. Lori wants to talk to Cross, but Cross simply disappears from line of sight.
Der Stachelrochen activity seems to be at high alert. They look like they are making preperations to leave. The interrogation of one of the more alert Agents reveals that Der Stachelrochen is “tethered” to an umbilical with a small elevator that goes down to a hatch of a Royal Navy mini-submarine re-supply underwater base (you say that 3x fast with bubblegum). Dr. Boloz has converted it to a cybernetics labratory.
Meanhwile, Roy manages to hack into Dr. Boloz internet connection to Raven and starts to download as much as he possibly can. Raven’s tech ops, somewhere in the world, realize that Dr. Boloz is being hacked and call him. Dr. Boloz shuts down all of his computer equipment, but not before sizeable portions of his many computer systems are copied. A fire has really been lit under the bad guys posteriors now. The problem for them, is that the tethered elevator is not easy to just slip off. It is a couple hours work of cutting.
The PCs quickly confer. They’ve called the authorities that der Stachelrochen is in league with the situation in the market place. Anonymously. They know Der Stachelrochen, Boloz and likely Holly are going to split soon. A desperate plan takes shape. Using the Rochen’s Agents own speed raft, craft (I forgot the right term for these boats), they will assault Der Stachelrochen directly at the prow, minimizing line of sight.
With Roy watching Der Stachelrochen intently with his surveillance cameras, the team shoots over the water... armed with assault rifles from the Agent’s own cache (hidden in last episode).
Holly and 2 agents come up on deck and are obviously looking for trouble. Holly is armed to the teeth. A Malta coast guard helicopter comes over the hills to investigate. And gets blown out of the sky by one of the agents using ground to air missle. Giving the PCs the chance to get very close without being spotted and the following gunbattle, martial arts extravaganza is so quick and so lucky for the PCs.
Holly leans from the top deck to shoot at the PCs in the boat. Lori fires at Holly’s gun {we have luck chits in place of luck and here is where one came into play... Neil rolled well, like a 6 or a 7... a black chit can take away one die from a roll... that die made the roll a 3}. Holly’s assault rifle not only was hit, but the richochet took out her pistol as well. Holly ducks back.
Fury moves up the chain of the anchor. The 2 agents are a bit slow and cannot get into place like the more amazing cybernetic powerhouses of Fury, Holly and Lori.
Lori gets up there as well as Holly engages Fury with a knife. As soon as Holly sees Lori, her cybernetic implant over the ear takes hold. Holly is compelled to attack her sister, tears are running down her face as Holly knows it... but cannot get her body to not do it.
Meanwhile Armin is laying down cover fire on the 2 agents and manages to tag one of them really hard. Armin uses that opportunity to steer the boat over to the diving platform on the side of the Der Stachelrochen.
Holly and Lori engage, ignoring Fury. Fury is engaged by one of the agents suddenly and Fury simply takes the rifle away and beats the crap outta of its former owner. Holly and Lori dance, but they are evenly matched... not much is accomplished.
Fury steps up to Holly and smashes the rifle butt against the cybernetic control module {prior to this action, Eric declares he is using a blue chit. Blue chits allow you to do something that is not on your character sheet, but is in the theme of your character. Eric declared he wants to short circuit the control module on Holly}. Eric rolls a 3! With a blue chit declaration! Perfect hit! Holly simply collapses like a puppet with strings cut. The control module is shattered perfectly and does not harm Holly in any permanent way.
The team bundles up Holly and gets outta there. Meanwhile, Dr. Boloz has set charges on Der Stachelrochen and it blows to bits in the harbor dramatically behind the fleeing team.
Cut to: Dr. Boloz in a mini-sub making his escape and cackling about his revenge, blah, blah, blah.

Then we move to a serious bluebooking session via e-mail. Several ideas and things happen but where not part of the face to face game.

Charlie, owner of On The Rocks sells the bar to Lori. Lori invites Roy and Armin to join the “team”. Right now, the money is pretty good (being a super powered mercenary does pay!).

Roy looks into the Maltese Cross...who seems to be some legacy, generational type hero. The current Cross has been around for 4 or 2 years depending on sketchy accounts in Malta papers. It is the first time, the Cross is a woman.

Anthony Carlisle from Black Ops takes vacation so he can come and do a check up on Holly. Holly is withdrawn, sulky... a total departure as the hellbitch with a gun attitude that she has always had. Carlisle’s scan show that the control module was organic in nature and was electrocuted by Fury’s blow and circuits short circuiting. It just is melting away. Physically, Holly is in fine shape. Mentally? Not so much.

Armin gets a nearby flat... complete with the Gray Monster and a cute landlord named Amelia. The Gray Monster is determined to live with Armin and is a tabby of enourmous proportions.
Storn A. Cook
Visual Storytelling
Storn
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Storn » Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:40 am

And Dr. Boloz sketch for chuckles.

Storn A. Cook
Visual Storytelling
Storn
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Storn » Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:22 am

And here is my Maltese Cross. A delightful NPC, who gets a lot of stage time next episode, which I have not written up yet. Maybe in the next couple of days.

Storn A. Cook
Visual Storytelling
Storn
Henchman
Henchman

WOW

Postby Giddoen » Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:46 am

Storn wrote:And here is my Maltese Cross. A delightful NPC, who gets a lot of stage time next episode, which I have not written up yet. Maybe in the next couple of days.

Hey Storn any chance of getting these in color? I know you are really busy. But you rock is there going to be any new stuff for GR that you are doing? That you can talk about that is.
I could be nice...but wheres the fun in that!
Giddoen
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Re: WOW

Postby aylwin13 » Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:02 pm

Great looking character Storn. I have to second the request for a final, color version of the Cross. Please, oh please, oh pretty please? :D
aylwin13
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Storn » Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:52 am

Gencon, being sick and this project is the reason I'm late with the updates and the fact that Cross isn't colored. I will try to color Maltese Cross at some point.

This is my little project just for its own sake. A fantasy story told in a webcomic format. This is my first page. The file is a bit large, so I'm not going to imbed it here. The file has to be large so the words stay crisp enuff to read.

http://www.stornc.rpggallery.com/new%20 ... es%20F.jpg
Storn A. Cook
Visual Storytelling
Storn
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Neo » Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:50 am

Awesome!
Mark "Neo" Howe

"Et Semel Emissum Volat Irevocabile Verbum"
http://www.neo-innovation.com/index.html
Neo
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Novac » Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:16 am

Wild man, love the start of the comic.
Novac
Booster
Booster

Postby mrobviousjosh » Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:37 am

Very sweet. A really good looking Chic. super that isn't too "Wonder womanish" or "Elektraish." What I'm saying is she's unique, that adds the most in my book. :wink:
If you send someone to save the world, you better make sure they like it the way it is.
-Triple X-
mrobviousjosh
Super Poster
Super Poster

Previous

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives