New ToC Review

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

New ToC Review

Postby Inazuma » Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:54 pm

A few months after release, but there's a new review of Time of Crisis on RPG.net. The link below leads directly to it. Not a bad review. They like it, though they find it a bit skeletal in substance (which they consider both a pro and a con).

http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/9/9563.phtml
~Inazuma
"This is a superhero game! I demand to be given rewards for causing massive property damage!"
Inazuma
Devotee
Devotee

Postby CSABadass » Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:56 pm

(Quoting from the review:) "Author: Christopher McGlothlin, apparently"

Good to see rpg.net is still bringing their "A" game to reviews. :D
Deo Vindice,
Christopher McGlothlin, M.Ed.

-Mad Social Scientist & Freelance Writer
-Moderator, The nGo Game Industry/Pro Wrestling Listserver

"Look upon me! I'll show you the life of the mind!"--Charlie Meadows, in Barton Fink
CSABadass
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Novac » Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:11 pm

Okay review, but for we non DC people, what the heck is Earth-2 other than a neat TV show that was killed too quickly.
Novac
Booster
Booster

Postby Inazuma » Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:50 pm

I'm not a DC expert, but as I recall, Earth-2 is DC's "anti-earth" with all the evil heroes. The reviewer was drawing a parallel to the evil Freedom City dimension in the adventure.
~Inazuma
"This is a superhero game! I demand to be given rewards for causing massive property damage!"
Inazuma
Devotee
Devotee

Postby Sketchpad » Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:47 pm

Yup ... Earth Two is the home to the Crime Sydicate, a mirror version of the Justice League with members Ultraman, Superwoman, Owl Man, Johnny Quick and Power Ring ... I personally would love to see them do other heroes and villains in this world ;)
As far as the end of the review ... if someone hated Freedom City (which we all know is impossible, thanks to the hired goons ;) ), they could still easily mine the advneture for all sorts of fun things ;)
Apparently, they need to have a second look ;)
"Then what would he do? Be Bruce Wayne? He doesn't even like Bruce Wayne ..."
- Nightwing

Hellfyre Studios
Sketchpad
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby CSABadass » Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:36 am

Sketchpad wrote:Yup ... Earth Two is the home to the Crime Sydicate, a mirror version of the Justice League with members Ultraman, Superwoman, Owl Man, Johnny Quick and Power Ring ... I personally would love to see them do other heroes and villains in this world ;)

This is so in the post-Crisis DC Universe. For us old-school, pre-Crisis DCers, Earth-2 will always be the home of the JSA, and Earth-3 the home of the Crime Syndicate.
Deo Vindice,

"Look upon me! I'll show you the life of the mind!"--Charlie Meadows, in Barton Fink
CSABadass
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Sketchpad » Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:17 am

True ... though I thought the Pre-Crisis home for the CSA was Earth X or some other letter ...
"Then what would he do? Be Bruce Wayne? He doesn't even like Bruce Wayne ..."
- Nightwing

Hellfyre Studios
Sketchpad
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Defender » Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:29 am

Preach it Chris. Earth-3 was the home of the Crime Syndicate. Now. . .if you M&M types could give us an analogue to Earth-C, I'd be the happiest geeker fanboy on Earth-Prime. :p

Bring back Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew! :wink:

-Defender.
" We believe in heroes because ultimately we believe in ourselves. " -Jack Kirby.
Defender
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby CSABadass » Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:42 pm

Sketchpad wrote:True ... though I thought the Pre-Crisis home for the CSA was Earth X or some other letter ...

In the pre-Crisis DCU, Earth-X was where World War II lasted into the 1970's and ended in an Axis victory. It was also the adopted home of the Freedom Fighters (Uncle Sam, Doll Man, The Ray, and the rest of the old Quality Comics characters).
Deo Vindice,

CSABadass
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Graveyard Greg » Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:28 pm

Defender wrote:Preach it Chris. Earth-3 was the home of the Crime Syndicate. Now. . .if you M&M types could give us an analogue to Earth-C, I'd be the happiest geeker fanboy on Earth-Prime. :p

Bring back Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew! :wink:

-Defender.

Or maybe...dare I say it...something like Captain Carrot?

You just may have given me inspiration, good sir. Fear. ;)
Writer/Creator of Gaming Guardians
http://www.gamingguardians.com
Graveyard Greg
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives