I can see character concepts in which one can recover quickly from being Stunned (perhaps Wolverine, other super-regenerators, etc.), so I was trying to come up with a mechanism to do it, when I came across this:
Healing, PL1, Extra: Trigger (when hurt), Flaw: Personal, Cost: 3pp/PL
This seemed to allow for a d20 roll + 1 for PL1 Healing against a DC10 check for Stun recovery under the Healing power, giving a 60% chance of immediately recovering from being Stunned when it occurred. Note, it would also immediately heal a Hit taken (thus is at least as good as PL 10 Regen), as well as allow immediate recovery checked from disabled conditions, all for a cost of 3pp.
The problems with this:
1. At 3pp, it appears undercosted
But hey, maybe it's just front-loaded like other powers, e.g., Incorporeal?
2. The various Healing effects have to be selected from when the Healing power is used, so perhaps it needs to be flawed to do the specific one desired (i.e., Stunned condition) since it couldn't do each.
3. Presumably this is how EF was built from EB (i.e., EB with Extra: Trigger, and Flaw: No Range)? However, I conceive EF as a continuous power effectively, thus going down when Stunned, etc., meaning perhaps this power needs to be bumped up in Duration? However, that creates an issue in how Trigger and Continuous work together...
Given the above, another possible formulation would be:
Healing, PL1, Extra: Duration x4 (Instant to Conc, to Sus, to Cont, to Perm)Flaw: Personal, Flaw: Only for Stunned condition, Cost: 5pp/PL
Under this formulation, there's the following issues:
1. At 5pp, still conceivably undercosted? However, it doesn't act like Regen PL10 anymore, or heal Disables, etc.
2. Seems as if it doesn't work immediately when stunned, as the first one, but it isn't clear when it would work, on the player's initiative even though they should have lost it due to being Stunned?
3. Perhaps solving #2 is done by adding Trigger? But then what's up with extension of Duration stuff?
Thoughts? Alternative ideas on how to make someone who can more quickly shake off being Stunned? (One other possibility would be to simply by more Hero Points, Flawed only to Recover from being Stunned?)