OT: Crossgen Comics on the Web

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Moderator: Super Moderators

OT: Crossgen Comics on the Web

Postby DrObvious » Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:00 am

Does anyone else here subscribe to Comics on the Web from Crossgen? I really like it, and I was currious how popular it is.

If your not familiar with it, its about 2 bucks a month (USAian), and you can read all of crossgens back issues that are old enough to be in a trade (I think thats how far back).

You can check out the first issue of any searies they have up for free, if you want to just test it out.

They are beta testing v3.0, and it kind of sucks more than anything has sucked before in all time, but there is a link to the v2 on the front page.

Its hosted on a bunch of differnt sites. I use the link from RevolutionSF, but you can find it from Crossgens home page
I'm not mrobviousjosh or DocObvious, just some other guy. Obviously.

"In other words, Dr. Obvious and AaronUnicorn are quite correct" - Steve Kenson 8/7/03
DrObvious
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby AaronUnicorn » Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:32 pm

I don't subscribe to Comics on the web because my wife and I prefer to have them in our hot, greedy little hands. But we get EVERYTHING Crossgen publishes, other than some of the Code 6 stuff (I'm not interested in Masters of the Universe, Snake Plisken or Demonwars. I am however absolutely ga-ga over the new Lady Death).
AaronUnicorn
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby DrObvious » Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:42 am

I would purchase every one if I could, but alas, I am just a broke college student (or will be again in jan when go to grad school).

"In other words, Dr. Obvious and AaronUnicorn are quite correct" - Steve Kenson 8/7/03
DrObvious
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby AaronUnicorn » Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:49 am

I too am a broke college student, and pursuing an acting degree, no less. Fortunately, my wife has a well-paying job, and she is even more of a Crossgen nut then I am, so we scrape by.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Comics on the web a few months behind what's currently being published?
AaronUnicorn
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby corwyn » Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:01 pm

AaronUnicorn wrote:I too am a broke college student, and pursuing an acting degree, no less. Fortunately, my wife has a well-paying job, and she is even more of a Crossgen nut then I am, so we scrape by.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Comics on the web a few months behind what's currently being published?

Yeah, a couple, but big deal. I've been reluctant to get in to crossgen because I knew I'd want to read all the sigil stuff, whether it was closely tied in or not. I plan to subscribe very soon, read them all, and buy the digest trades of the ones I decide I want to keep, hopefully Sojourn and Negation.
corwyn
Dabbler
Dabbler

Re: OT: Crossgen Comics on the Web

Postby DrObvious » Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:49 am

DrObvious wrote:If your not familiar with it, its about 2 bucks a month (USAian), and you can read all of crossgens back issues that are old enough to be in a trade (I think thats how far back).

Yup! :D

DrObvious
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby AaronUnicorn » Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:50 am

The thing I've found really fun about Crossgen is both how tied together it all is (except for the Code 6 books), but at the same time, how self-sufficient it is. If you want to read only Meridian, than great. You can do that. And you'll get a really good read. But if you read all of them, you see this huge tapestry they're weaving, and it's SO much fun to try to unravel it.

(That might be the worst mixed metaphor I've ever written) :)

I intend to work hints of the Crossgen uber-plot into my M&M game. Nothing major, but it'll be there, since my wife's superheroine has her powers from a Sigil, and in my Universe, the Terminus is the same thing as the Negation.
AaronUnicorn
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby DrObvious » Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:06 am

corwyn -> If you do suscribe, make sure you use the calender there to read everything in the order it was released.

I think you'll get a much better experiance doing it that way.

DrObvious
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby corwyn » Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:35 am

DrObvious wrote:corwyn -> If you do suscribe, make sure you use the calender there to read everything in the order it was released.

I think you'll get a much better experiance doing it that way.

I was intending to read them more-or-less in order but the calendar is news to me. Is it only available to members? Where is it?
corwyn
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby DrObvious » Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:48 am

It's not on the new v3, but if you follow the link in " for previous version click here", it will take you back to v2

From there, just scroll to the left and sellect Calendar (its in the column with Introduction, Overview, etc)

OR

Just start with Mystic 1 (From what I can gather, it was the first book), and just click on the "next comic in order of release" button. It looks like a double right arrow with a callender and clock.

DrObvious
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives