GIMME!!!!!

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

GIMME!!!!!

Postby Superfreak » Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:47 pm

M&M Official Products that is! Crooks! Nocturnals. META-4. Modules. ANYTHING. I have money and want to spend it, but I am TIRED of the "regular d20" fantasy stuff -- just as I invested time and energy into learning the rules, I get a d20 Modern Variant, a 3.5 "upgrade" of D&D (and of every darn product), and level rules for monsters. I love M&M's point buy, which can be tweaked to fit any genre; I can build anything I can think of -- I have been ruined and can't go back to levels, classes, prestige classes, class variants, races, monster levels, talents, and all the rest that churns out endless revisions, expansions, etc. Unlike games that claim to be a toolkit, this is one.

I LOVE M&M products because they do two things at the same time: give workable NPCs and adventure ideas while inspiring me to creative new uses of the rules in the way they stat characters. I don't NEED the books to play a certain type of character (like Star Wars or D&D does through classes and prestige classes, etc.), but they inspire me to use the rules in new ways to model what my imagination can come up with, like Freedom City using : Super-Strength X (Flaw: only on skills); or the Hulk write up using a duration change for Boost and the flaw: while angry (or whatever it was).

In short, GREEN RONIN: GIVE ME SOME M&M GOODNESS TO BUY!

Please: no superlink advertisments to follow.
SuperFreakingout
Superfreak
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Nightlynx » Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:10 pm

I remeber when I first picked up M&M :lol:

As I recall the reaction was pretty much the same - only there wasn't a whole lot out there to get ones hands on!

peace and good gaming

Nightlynx
Something unprecedented is just being born, and I want to see it. But it is the one thing I break even by tounching it. Randomness. - GOD
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Chris » Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:19 am

Well, I've played most Superhero RPG's and M&M is definately the most flexible and user-friendly one IMO - plus - you can convert any other system into M&M without much fuss.

I agree - I can never have too much M&M stuff!
You Woke Me Up To Tell Me I'm Still Asleep
Chris
Henchman
Henchman

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives