Thundercats!

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Thundercats!

Postby XEI » Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:53 pm

Okay, so I've started watching the Thundercats. It's taking my back to my childhood, that's for sure. I figured I'd take the time to write notes as I watched the first set of cartoons (first 4 or 5). What I ended up with was the start of the Thundercats M&M style.

These will gt updated depending on what the next few episodes demonstrate of each of the Thundercats skills and abilities. I've also taken the time to flesh out the Plundarians and Mummra as I go.

For your enjoyment here is the start of what I think will end up becoming a sweet Thundercats - Third World Sourcebook, for anyone willing to play in the setting.

As I go, I will also be converting some of the other appearances, creatures, races, characters, items, etc. Watching and converting takes time though so hopefully you guys can enjoy these ones so far.

I'll start with the still innocent, but quickly maturing Lord of the Thundercats - LION-O!

Lion-o: PL8; Init +3 (Dex); Defense 17 (13 flat-footed); Spd. 30ft; Atk +7 Melee (+9L/S, Sword of Thundara); SV Dmg +3, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +1; Str 16, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 20.
Skills: Listen +4, Diplomacy +8, Gather Information +5, Hide +2, Jump +3, Survival +3
Feats: Dodge, Fame, Heroic Surge, Inspire
Powers:
Amazing Save (Fortitude) +5 [Source: Alien; Cost: 1pp; Total: 5pp]
Equipment:
Sword of Omens +6:
Effects: Strike, Return to Hand, Force Field, Flight, ESP (Triggered - Danger) +2; Flaws: Restricted (Vocal Commands); Power Stunts: Detect Danger, Dual Damage, Thundercat Call; Source: Mystical; Cost: 5pp; Total: 34pp]
Return to Hand: If summoned the sword will return to the wielders hand.
Restricted (Vocal Commands): The sword needs to be commanded to use its powers, without the ability to speak, the following abilities do not function: Return to Hand, ESP and Thundercat Call.
Detect Danger: The sword will warn the wielder when danger is present but the wielder must use the sight to know where the danger is.
Thundercat Call: Other Thundercats will be able to see the symbol of the Thundercats in the sky and will be able to pinpoint its location.

The skills do not take into account other bonuses, they are at base skill levels. If you guys spot any errors, or have comments, throw them my way so I can take them into account as I go. But remember, these write ups only take into account the early development of the Thundercats. I'm sure they get better as the season progresses.

Enjoy!
8) XEI
Last edited by XEI on Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XEI
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby mrobviousjosh » Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:55 pm

Cool. I also love the Thundercats!!!! Please do Pathero next. :)
If you send someone to save the world, you better make sure they like it the way it is.
-Triple X-
mrobviousjosh
Super Poster
Super Poster

Panthro

Postby XEI » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:41 pm

The Mighty Panthro!

Panthro: PL9; Init +1 (Dex); Defense 13 (12 flat-footed); Spd. 30ft; Atk +10 Melee (+10S, Nun-Chaku), +11 Unarmed (+10S/L, Strike); SV Dmg +10, Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3; Str 20, Dex 12, Con 20, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 12.
Skills: Acrobatics +6, Computers +4, Craft (Mechanical) +10, Craft (Electronics) +10, Drive +10, Intimidate +5, Jumping +5, Pilot +5, Repair +10
Feats: Power Attack, Talented (Craft Mechanical and Electronic), Attack Focus (unarmed)
Powers:
Strike +5 [Extras: Deflection; Source: Alien; Cost: 3pp; Total: 15pp]
Amazing Save (Damage) +5 [Source: Alien; Cost: 1pp; Total: 5pp]
Equipment:
Nun-Chaku +5: Effects: Strike; Power Stunt: Rapid Strike; Cost: 1pp; Total: 6pp.

Thunder Tank
Size: Huge
Movement: 6
Hardness: 15
Armor Bonus: 15
Cost: 44
Features: Tunneling +5, Gun +10, Natural Weapon (Bite) +8

NOTE: The Thunder Tank is not added to Panthro's PL. It is here as part of the Thundercats' arsenal.

8) XEI
Last edited by XEI on Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XEI
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Striker » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:43 pm

Nice. Just one thing though, if I remember correctly, Lion-o can see further than just 100ft(ESP+2) with the sword of omens. Of course it's been awhile since I've seen Thundercats, so I may be wrong.
Uprise, now fall in line. Roll with the pack or get left behind –P.O.D.
Striker
Sidekick
Sidekick

Cheetara

Postby XEI » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:43 pm

The Quick Cheetara!

Cheetara: PL7; Init +14 (Dex, Improved Initiative, Super-Speed); Defense 25 (19 flat-footed); Spd. 55ft; Atk +5 Melee (+4S, Staff); SV Dmg +0, Fort +0, Ref +10, Will +2; Str 12, Dex 20, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 16
Skills: Acrobatics +5, Jumping +5
Feats: Evasion, Improved Initiative, Move-By Attack
Powers:
Super-Speed +5 [Flaws: No Routine Tasks Benefits; Source: Alien; Cost: 5pp; Total: 25pp]
Combat Sense +4 [Source: Alien; Cost: 1pp; Total: 4pp]
Equipment:
Bo-Staff +3: Effects: Leaping, Strike (Area [When Super-Running]); Power Stunt: Improved Disarm; Source: Mystical; Cost: 3pp; Total: 10pp.
Last edited by XEI on Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XEI
Dabbler
Dabbler

Sight Beyond Sight

Postby XEI » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:47 pm

You may be right Striker. Like I said earlier though, these stats only take into account what I've seen so far in the first group of episodes that started of the series. I will update the Cats and their abilities as major events happen.

Thanks for keeping my eyes open though. Any other quick references for me to watch for would be appreciated.

Thanks,

8) XEI
XEI
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Striker » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:52 pm

Super-Running +5 [Flaws: No Routine Tasks Benefits; Cost: 5pp; Total: 25pp]

By Super-Running, I assume you mean Super Speed, correct? Well, Super Speed gives a bonus to Reflex saves, so this:

Amazing Save (Reflex) +5 [Cost: 1pp; Total: 5pp]

is not needed. Otherwise, looks about right. Nice work here.
Striker
Sidekick
Sidekick

Cheetara Updated

Postby XEI » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:58 pm

Good call. Cheetara has been updated.
XEI
Dabbler
Dabbler

Tigra

Postby XEI » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:59 pm

The Invisible Tigra!

Tigra: PL8; Init +5 (Dex); Defense 18 (14 flat-footed); Spd. 30ft; Atk +7 Melee (+5S, Bola-Whip); SV Dmg +2, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +8; Str 14, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 18, Wis 16, Cha 16
Skills: Acrobatics +8, Diplomacy +5, Hide +6, Jumping +5, Move Silently +6, Profession (Engineer), Taunt +4
Feats: Evasion, Surprise Strike, Talented (Hide and Move Silently), Attack Finesse, Attack Focus (armed)
Powers:
Super-Skill (Hide) +5 [Source: Alien; Cost: 1pp; Total: 5pp]
Amazing Save (Will) +5 [Source: Alien; Cost: 1pp; Total: 5pp]
Equipment:
Bolo-Whip +3: Effects: Invisibility, Normal Range, Deflection; Power Stunt: Improved Disarm; Source: Mystical; Cost: 3pp; Total: 10pp.

Almost done the Cats!
8) XEI
Last edited by XEI on Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XEI
Dabbler
Dabbler

Willy Kit and Kat

Postby XEI » Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:10 pm

The Cunning Willy Kit and Kat!

Willy Kit and Kat: PL8; Init +9 (Dex, Improved Initiative); Defense 20 (14 flat-footed); Spd. 30ft; Atk +6 Ranged (+5S, but also varied effects, see below); SV Dmg +0, Fort +0, Ref +10, Will +0; Str 8, Dex 20, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 12
Skills: Acrobatics +6, Balance +3, Bluff +5, Climb +5, Craft (Pellets) +5, Gather Information +2, Hide +6, Jump +10, Listen +6, Move Silently +8, Taunt +7
Feats: Dodge, Point Blank Shot, Evasion, Improved Initiative
Powers:
Amazing Save (Reflex) +5 [Source: Alien; Cost: 1pp; Total: 5pp]
Swinging +3 [Source: Alien; Cost: 1pp; Total: 3pp]
Equipment:
Pellets +5: Range: Normal; Effects: Dazzle (Sight) (Extra: Area) +2, Obscure (Sight), Slick (Instant), Energy (Electricity); Flaws: Device; Source: Super-Science; Cost: 4pp; Total: 20pp.

I used the same stats for both of them. Feel free to tweak them slightly here and there. For the most part I have not seen one do better that the other. Other than the stats being off by one or two here and there, they seem to be pretty identical. (They are twins :))... only thing is possibly the fact that the bag of tricks seems to be Willy Kits, not Kats... he just uses her stuff. (got this from a reference, so it could be wrong, I need to keep watching).

That's all of the Thundercats. I will send all the Baddies in one go when I am finished them all. They seem easier with the exception of Mummra.

8) XEI
Last edited by XEI on Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XEI
Dabbler
Dabbler

Snarf

Postby XEI » Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:21 pm

Darn I almost forgot...

snarf snarf... they always forget about poor old Snarf... snarf, snarf...

The Pessimistic Snarf!

Snarf: PL3; Init +3 (Dex); Defense 17 (13 flat-footed); Spd. 20ft; Atk -1 Melee (-1S, Claws/Teeth); SV Dmg -1, Fort -1, Ref +3, Will +2; Str 6, Dex 16, Con 8, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 12
Skills: Balance +5, Climb +6, Knowledge (Culture) +5, Listen +6, Move Silently +6, Spot +5
Feats: Dodge, Evasion, Extra Limb (Tail)
Powers:
Natural Weapon (Claws/Teeth) +1 [Source: Alien; Cost: 2pp; Total: 2pp]
Shrinking +3 [Flaw: Permanent; Source: Alien; Cost: 1pp; Total: 3pp]
Last edited by XEI on Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8) XEI
XEI
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby horned god » Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:35 pm

By the Power or Greyskull...wait that's not it, oh yeah...thundercats, Thundercats Hoaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!.

That is all I have to say about that (quote from Forest Gump).
horned god
Groupie
Groupie

Postby palehorse » Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:57 pm

horned god said:
thundercats, Thundercats Hoaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!.

Damn you for getting there first, man... Thats all I could think of when I saw the title to this thread. :)
Butch Curry
Staff Reviewer, GamingReport.com
palehorse
Aficionado
Aficionado

Mumm-Ra and the Mutants

Postby XEI » Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:38 pm

Lastly... Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living and the Mutants of Plundaar!

Mumm-Ra: PL20; Init +2 (Dex); Defense 16 (14 flat-footed); Spd. 30ft; Atk +11 Melee (+8S, Claws), +8 Ranged (+10L, Energy Blast); SV Dmg +15, Fort +15, Ref +4, Will +17; Str 20, Dex 14, Con 20, Int 20, Wis 20, Cha 20
Skills: Bluff +4, Concentration +8, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +8, Knowledge (Extra-dimensional Culture, Occult Lore, Religion) +10
Feats: Move-By Attack, Infamy, Startle, Takedown Attack, Toughness, Lightning Reflexes, Iron Will, Great Fortitude, Durability, Identity Change (Weaker Version), Headquarters
Powers: Amazing Save (Damage) +8 [Extras: Fortitude, Immunities (aging, critical hits, disease, exhaustion, poison, starvation, suffocation, cold); Source: Alien; Cost: 3pp; Total: 24pp]
Amazing Save (Will) +10 [Source: Alien; Cost: 1pp; Total: 10pp]
Sorcery +10 [Source: Mystical; Flaws: Excluded Group (Control, Defensive, Illusion); Cost:11pp; Total: 110pp]
ESP [Flaw: Cauldron; Cost: -1pp]
Energy Blast
Shapeshift [Extras: Growth +3, Movement, Shrinking, Semisolid (Insect Swarm,
Alternate Form); Cost: +6pp]
Teleportation [Extras: Normal +2; Cost: +2pp]
Flight +6 [Source: Mystical; Cost: 2pp; Total: 12pp]
Natural Weapon (Claws) +3 [Source: Alien; Cost: 2pp; Total: 6pp]
Weaknesses:
Disturbing
Vulnerable (Reflection) – Must return to tomb if he sees his reflection

Mumm-ra (Lesser Form): Init -1 (Dex); Defense 11 (12 flat-footed); Spd. 30ft; Atk +3 Melee (+2S, Claws), +3 Ranged (+10L, Energy Blast); SV Dmg +7, Fort +7, Ref -1, Will +17; Str 8, Dex 8, Con 12, Int 20, Wis 20, Cha 20
Skills: Bluff +4, Concentration +8, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +8, Knowledge (Extra-dimensional Culture, Occult Lore, Religion) +10
Feats: Infamy, Startle, Iron Will, Durability, Identity Change (Tougher Version), Headquarters
Powers: Amazing Save (Damage) +8 [Extras: Fortitude, Immunities (aging, critical hits, disease, exhaustion, poison, starvation, suffocation, cold); Source: Alien; Cost: 3pp; Total: 24pp]
Amazing Save (Will) +10 [Source: Alien; Cost: 1pp; Total: 10pp]
Sorcery +10 [Source: Mystical; Flaws: Excluded Group (Control, Defensive, Illusion); Cost:11pp; Total: 110pp]
ESP [Flaw: Cauldron; Cost: -1pp]
Energy Blast
Shapeshift [Extras: Growth +3, Movement, Shrinking, Semisolid (Insect Swarm,
Alternate Form); Cost: +6pp]
Teleportation [Extras: Normal +2; Cost: +2pp]
Flight +6 [Source: Mystical; Cost: 2pp; Total: 12pp]
Natural Weapon (Claws) +3 [Source: Alien; Cost: 2pp; Total: 6pp]

The Mutants of Plundarr

Jackleman: PL3; Init +1 (Dex); Defense 12 (11 flat-footed); Spd. 30ft; Atk +4 Melee (+4S, Club); SV Dmg +4, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2; Str 14, Dex 14, Con 18, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +6, Sense Motive +2, Spot +4
Feats: Scent
Powers: Super-Sense (Smell) +3 [Source: Alien; Cost: 1pp; Total: 3pp]
Equipment: Weapon (Club) +2 [Cost: 1pp; Total: 2pp]

Slythe: PL5; Init +1 (Dex); Defense 13 (12 flat-footed); Spd. 30ft; Atk +6 Melee (+9L, Axe; +5S, Tail); SV Dmg +3, Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +1; Str 16, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 16
Skills: Bluff +6, Listen +4, Sense Motive +5, Spot +4
Feats: Leadership
Powers:
Protection +3 [Source: Alien; Cost: 2pp; Total: 6pp]
Natural Weapon (Tail) +2 [Source: Alien; Cost: 2pp; Total: 4pp]
Equipment:
Weapon (Axe) +6 [Cost: 1pp; Total: 6pp]
Warp Gas (Mind Control) +4 [Extras: Area; Flaws: Instant (-2), Normal Range, Obvious, Limited – Emotion Control (opposite strong emotion); Source: Super-Science; Cost: 1pp; Total: 2pp (because of all the flaws)]

Monkian: PL4; Init +4 (Dex); Defense 15 (11 flat-footed); Spd. 30ft; Atk +6 Melee (+6L, Axe); SV Dmg +4, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +0; Str 18, Dex 18, Con 18, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 10
Skills: Balance +6, Climb +10, Jumping +10, Listen +2, Spot +2
Feats: Talented (Climb and Balance)
Powers: Swinging +4 [Source: Alien; Cost: 1pp; Total: 4pp]
Equipment: Weapon (Club) +2 [Cost: 1pp; Total: 2pp]

That's the rest of them. Have fun. I'll be watching the next run of episodes. If anything changes significantly, I'll be back with updates. until then, get back to me if you find mistakes. Thanks.

One thing I forgot to add in are the SOURCES of each of the powers. I will go back and edit the Thundercats.

Enjoy!
8) XEI
XEI
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Strand0 » Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:42 am

Cool! :D 8)
Strand0
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby AaronUnicorn » Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:01 am

Awesome work here, but a quick observation. You excluded Illusion from Mumm-Ra's sorcery, but he is quite capable of creating illusions. It may not have happened yet at the point in the series you're in, but keep an eye open for that future possibility.

Still, nice work!
AaronUnicorn
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby DrObvious » Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:29 am

Great job, I just want to point a few things out.

Two things on Panthro that I know you will not have seen yet:
His nun-chaku have an energy blast (red side is fire, blue side is ice)
His harness or girdle or whatever shoots out spikes, he uses them to ancher himself in place (immovablity)

Two thing missing on Liono:
No climbing claw? should be climbing and deflection
Sword of Omen needs to have boost, for when he does the "Thunder.... Thunder.... Thundercats.....HO!". I would say it boosts the Strike and Sper Cha, and physical atributes are arguable. Also, has the flaw that he must speak the line and do the.... you know, thing he does this.
I'm not mrobviousjosh or DocObvious, just some other guy. Obviously.

"In other words, Dr. Obvious and AaronUnicorn are quite correct" - Steve Kenson 8/7/03
DrObvious
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Pointers good!

Postby XEI » Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:15 am

Oh ya, the claw thing! Thanks for the memory tease! About the nun-chaku, good call just got those memories returned to me as well :). Forgot about the spikes though. The Boost on Stike sounds like a good idea. Super Charisma eh? Anybody else have an opinion on the Sup-Cha? I'm trying to line up that option with stuff I've seen. What would be the arguement: Better Leadership? I'd agree on that level I suppose as the sword does seem to give him more attention as Lord of the Thundercats.

Thanks all for the pointers! Keep em coming. You know what, I just remembered Cheetara's Sight thing (maybe second season?) and the sword had an energy blast at one point too didn't it. Anyways, it'll come in time.
8) XEI
XEI
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Striker » Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:19 am

I find it odd that you have Wily Kit and Kat as a higher PL then Cheetara.
Striker
Sidekick
Sidekick

Diddo

Postby XEI » Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:24 am

So do I :). I'm sure that'll change.
8) XEI
XEI
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby DrObvious » Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:27 am

Yup, Super Cha would be a leadership thing, but as I recall, Liono was always making friends with the "good guys of the week". Granted, this is usually b/c he just saved these friends from certain doom, but still.
I'm not mrobviousjosh or DocObvious, just some other guy. Obviously.

"In other words, Dr. Obvious and AaronUnicorn are quite correct" - Steve Kenson 8/7/03
DrObvious
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby lugnut71 » Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:53 am

This doesn't add anything to the post but

Snarf Snarf :green:
lugnut71
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Bartholomew Fair » Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:05 am

Don't forget Tygra's illusion powers, I think his invisibility is part of them:

Part IV (Trial of Mind Power)

Lion-O must beat Tygra at a test of mind power. The Tiger Clan on Thundera were given special mind powers that enable them to produce illusions to their enemies. Lion-O must be able to distinctly separate the real from the unreal. Lion-O is clever enough to see past Tygra's illusions, and is able to earn his Thundercat insignia during day four of his trials.
There is no right and wrong. There is only fun and boring!
Bartholomew Fair
Bystander
Bystander

Trails

Postby XEI » Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:41 am

Yup i still remember the Trials series myself and was sure that some new stuff was going to come up including more opportunities to compare their skills and abilities a little more. I did forget about the Illusion thing though. I will probably have the new Thundercat stats post Lion-O trials. That's still a few episodes in though. Maybe I'll get to one or two tonight after work.

Thanks!
8) XEI
XEI
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby mrobviousjosh » Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:48 pm

This is an awesome thread. Also, great job including Snarf. He's so awesome. :wink:
If you send someone to save the world, you better make sure they like it the way it is.
-Triple X-
mrobviousjosh
Super Poster
Super Poster

Next

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives