Mirror World Handbook

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Postby mouthymerc » Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:00 pm

The Fifth Wanderer wrote:Very nice, mouthymerc. But you forgot that Wolv-err, Ferocity should speak Japanese.

Noted and corrected. Thanks.
The merc with the mouth! Zealot!

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein
mouthymerc
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby mouthymerc » Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:58 pm

And some more Elves:

Imprint

Name: Unknown
Affiliation: The Fallen
Power Level: 12
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 130 lbs.
Origin: Imprint is one of the more lonely and bitter Elves as her power keeps her from any kind of direct contact. While she is not close with any other Elves, she knew she did not want to stay when the escape took place. Imprint will stay with the group for now, as she has not decided on any other course of action just yet.

Imprint; PL 12; Init +3; Defense 19/16 flat-footed; Spd 30; Atk +5 melee (+1 S, punch), +7 ranged; SV Dmg +2, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2, Str 12, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 16. (50 pp)
Skills: Bluff +10/+13, Diplomacy +3/+6, Hide +10, Move Silently +12, Pilot +8. (28 pp)
Feats: Assessment, Attractive, Iron Will. (6 pp)
Powers: Transfer-Powers +12 (Extras: Additional Attributes [Ability Scores, Skills, Feats], All Attributes, Expanded Powers x2, Slow Recovery; Flaw: Full Effect, Always On; 96 pp). (96 pp)

Phade

Name: Kaitlin Poole
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 110 lbs.
Origin: Phade is another of the younger, newer generation. She chose to escape with the others due to her infatuation with SolidSteel. Phade is still uneasy with her powers, but is quickly learning to master them.

Phade; PL 12; Init +3; Defense 19/16 flat-footed; Spd 30; Atk +7 melee (+2 S, punch), +7 ranged; SV Dmg +2, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +4, Str 14, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 18, Wis 18, Cha 14. (58 pp)
Skills: Computers +11, Craft (Electronics) +8, Craft (Writing) +8, Hide +5, Move Silently +7/+19, Sense Motive +9. (24 pp)
Feats: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Attack Finesse, Dodge, Expertise, Power Attack, Skill Focus (Computers). (14 pp)
Powers: Incorporeal +12 (Extras: Affects Others, Float, Ghost Touch, Phase Attack, Scramble Electronics; 84 pp). (84 pp)

Variable

Name: Robert LeCroix
Height: 6'
Weight: 180 lbs.
Origin: Variable joined the group after the escape and other than his name, no one is sure just who or what he is. It is thought that he is an earlier generation ELF, but he could also be something else. Variable surrounds himself in mystery and has not volunteered any information. He is a good man in a fight, though.

Variable; PL 12; Init +5; Defense 21/16 flat-footed; Spd 30; Atk +8 melee (+3 S, punch), +8 melee (+7 S, staff), +10 ranged (+10 S, energy blast); SV Dmg +2/+15, Fort +2, Ref +15, Will +3, Str 16, Dex 20, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 16. (63 pp)
Skills: Acrobatics +11, Bluff +14/+17, Diplomacy +14/+17, Disable Device +8, Hide +11, Language (French), Move Silently +13, Open Lock +14, Sleight of Hand +11. (47 pp)
Feats: Attractive, Dodge, Evasion, Point Blank Shot [Far Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot], Skill Focus (Bluff, Diplomacy), Talented (Bluff & Diplomacy), Talented (Hide & Move Silently), Talented (Open Locks & Sleight of Hand), Throwing Mastery. (26 pp)
Powers: Energy Blast +12 (24 pp), Amazing Save-Reflex +10 (10 pp). (34 pp)
Equipment: Armor +6 (6 pp), Telescoping Staff +4 (4 pp).

mouthymerc
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby mouthymerc » Fri May 16, 2003 12:51 am

Bump

For those interested.

mouthymerc
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby bwgwl » Fri May 16, 2003 1:02 am

thanks mouthymerc. these are fascinating!
Freedom City Limits -- an online M&M campaign
--
Pig Killer: "Plan?? There ain't no plan!!"
bwgwl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby Nightlynx » Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:12 pm

mouthymerc wrote:Bump

For those interested.

Well the whole dark mirror idea is a fun one to play with and if used can create a ton of cool villians for a GM to use!

An idea this good desreves the Bump again!

peace and good gaming

Nightlynx
Something unprecedented is just being born, and I want to see it. But it is the one thing I break even by tounching it. Randomness. - GOD
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby powerboy » Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:51 am

The Ruthless look great! I have been toying with an evil version of the AVengers myself, but I have to say yours are MUCH better than what I came up with.
powerboy
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nightlynx » Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:05 am

I have a question -
I really enjoy the work i have found here thus far but I was wondering if anyone has more to offer in the concept say the FF or Dr Strange - maybe a villians version of "heroes 4 hire"....

hummm maybe that would be cool to just do - sorta like Heroes 4 Hire or the Power Company from DC - but with a bad guy bent - hummmm >:)

Good gaming
Nightlynx
Something unprecedented is just being born, and I want to see it. But it is the one thing I break even by tounching it. Randomness. - GOD
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby mouthymerc » Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:38 pm

Nightlynx wrote:I have a question -
I really enjoy the work i have found here thus far but I was wondering if anyone has more to offer in the concept say the FF or Dr Strange - maybe a villians version of "heroes 4 hire"....

As for Heroes 4 Hire, check out Power Fist & Iron Man. I haven't done the FF because there are already copies in Factor Four. Dr. Strange I have plans for, but just haven't had the time of late.

mouthymerc
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby mouthymerc » Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:26 am

Sapphire Sorceress

Name: Maureen Werner
Affiliation: The Ruthless/Formerly of The Elven Brotherhood
Height: 5’ 8”
Weight: 110 lbs.
Origin: The Sapphire Sorceress and her brother, Fadeout, are the children of an older ELF by the name of Polarity. He was one of the early experiments that succeeded, but escaped from the program. Polarity later met a woman by the name of Cassandra with some magic ability and stayed with her for a while. The government was still looking for him, so he eventually had to leave, not knowing that that Cassandra was pregnant. Cassandra gave birth to twins. They would eventually grow up with abilities of their own, gained from their father’s genes. The Sorceress’ abilities centered around affecting other people’s luck. She augmented her abilities by learning magic from her mother, as well. As with her brother and father, the Sorceress has been on both sides of many confrontations. Though, of late, it has been more on the wrong side.

Sapphire Sorceress; PL 12; Init +2; Defense 17/15 flat-footed; Spd 30/40 flying; Atk +2 melee (+0 S, punch); SV Dmg +0, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +15, Str 10, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 20, Cha 14. (40 pp)
Skills: Concentration +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +11, Sense Motive +10, Spot +10. (12 pp)
Feats: Detect Magic, Iron Will, Skill Focus (Concentration, Arcana), Talented (Concentration & Arcana, Sense Motive & Spot), True Sight. (14 pp)
Powers: Amazing Save-Will +8, Luck +8 (Extra: Jinx; Flaw: Jinx Only; 5 pp), Sorcery +8 (Base Spells: Telekinesis, Force Field, ESP, Obscure, Energy Blast, Animation, Teleportation; Additional Spells: Fatigue, Flight, Paralysis, Slow, Snare; 7 pp). (114 pp)

Mass

Name: None
Affiliation: The Ruthless
Height: 6’ 2”
Weight: 260 lbs.
Origin: Mass was created by a well-meaning but misguided scientist. The scientist was trying to create an automated soldier to replace real people on the battlefield. Unfortunately, he died before giving the android its moral programming. Once the scientist was dead, the android left to investigate the world. Having no morals, it would take whatever it felt it needed. It eventually hooked up with the Ruthless, continuing its amoral ways.

Mass; PL 12; Init +3; Defense 18/15 flat-footed; Spd 30/50 flying; Atk +9 melee (+4/+14 S, punch), +8 ranged (+14 energy blast); SV Dmg +4, Fort +12, Ref +3, Will +9, Str 18, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 15, Wis 12, Cha 8. (52 pp)
Skills: Computers +5/+15, Repair +5, Spot +5. (10 pp)
Feats: Darkvision, Immunities (Aging, Critical Hits, Disease, Exhaustion, Heat, Electricity, Poison, Pressure, Starvation, Suffocation), Photographic Memory, Radio Broadcast, Radio Hearing, Rapid Healing, Ultra Hearing. (12 pp)
Powers: Density Control +10 (Extras: Flight, Energy Blast, Comprehend, Datalink, Immunities; 11 pp), Amazing Save-Fortitude +8 (Extra: Will; 2 pp). (126 pp)
Weakness: Disturbing, Vulnerable-Cold.

Longbow

Name: Clive Bertram
Height: 6’
Weight: 170 lbs.
Origin: Taken in by the circus at a young age, little did Longbow know that the group supplemented their income with robberies. He was taught the basics of archery by one of his fellow performers, but quickly went on to master it on his own. Longbow soon realized that he could market his ability and left the circus to become a mercenary. This brought him to the attention of Major Mercenary, who also recognized his talent for leading. There have been many times that Longbow has been in charge of his own missions and is now considered the defacto leader if Major Mercenary is not around.

Longbow; PL 12; Init +9; Defense 21/16 flat-footed; Spd 30; Atk +10 melee (+2 S, punch), +14 ranged (+10 S/L bow); SV Dmg +1, Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3, Str 14, Dex 20, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 14. (66 pp)
Skills: Craft (Bowmaking) +12, Knowledge (Circus Lore) +4, Spot +16. (22 pp)
Feats: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (Ranged), Dodge, Expertise, Improved Critical, Improved Initiative, Leadership, Point Blank Shot (Far Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot), Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ricochet Attack, Skill Focus (Spot). (32 pp)
Powers: None. (0 pp)
Equipment: Armor +10 (1 pp), Bow (Weapon-Ranged +10 [Extras: Area, Swinging, Obscure; Power Stunts: Dazzle, Dual Damage, Fatigue, Paralysis, Snare, Stun; 4 pp). (60 pp)

Surge

Name: Steve Walker
Height: 6’ 4”
Weight: 200 lbs.
Origin: Surge was just a failing Hollywood stunt man, trying to get work in a tough town. He turned to crime and was eventually caught and imprisoned. He, along with many other criminals, was liberated from jail by an organization needing guinea pigs for their supers project. Surge was put through an experiment that used ionic rays. Infused with them, Surge gained powerful abilities. Surge was the only one who survived the experiment. He quickly put them to use for the organization’s and his own gain. Eventually, though, the organization was brought low by a group of do-gooders. Surge escaped, with the help of the Ruthless and decided to join their ranks.

Surge; PL 12; Init +2; Defense 18/16 flat-footed; Spd 30/60 flying; Atk +11 melee (+17 S, punch); SV Dmg +7, Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +1, Str 20, Dex 14, Con 20, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 14. (60 pp)
Skills: Bluff +7, Perform +9, Taunt +7. (10 pp)
Feats: Aerial Combat, All-Out Attack, Durability, Immunities (Aging, Cold, Critical Hits, Disease, Exhaustion, Heat, Electricity, Poison, Pressure, Radiation, Starvation, Suffocation), Power Attack, Toughness, Skill Focus (Perform), Talented (Bluff & Taunt). (14 pp)
Powers: Energy Field +12 (Extras: Flight, Immunities, Protection, Super-Strength; 8 pp). (96 pp)

Vengence

Name: Victor Aaron
Height: 5’ 10”
Weight: 160 lbs.
Origin: Vengence is an ELF. His powers, though, did not exhibit themselves until he accidentally met a future version of himself. The triggering of his powers was uncontrolled and he accidentally killed his family. This unhinged him somewhat. Vengence felt that the programs that spawn supers were to blame and began to try to track down anyone or group that created them. He would exact vengence on them as he found them. Crimson Blaze, a fellow ELF, joined him on his crusade. Vengence soon realized that he could do more with a larger group, so when he was offered a spot in the Ruthless, he quickly took it, along with Crimson Blaze.

Vengence; PL 12; Init +2; Defense 18/16 flat-footed; Spd 30/60 flying; Atk +6 melee (+1 S, punch), +7 ranged (+12 S telekinetic blast); SV Dmg +2, Fort +2, Ref +12, Will +16, Str 12, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 18, Cha 12. (48 pp)
Skills: Computers +13, Knowledge (Astronomy) +13, Sense Motive +12. (28 pp)
Feats: Attack Focus (Telekinesis), Iron Will, Point Blank Shot (Far Shot, Precise Shot), Psychic Awareness. (12 pp)
Powers: Telekinesis +12 (Extras: Energy Blast, Flight, Force Field, Mental; 6 pp), Amazing Save-Will +10 (Extra: Reflex; 2 pp). (92 pp)

Crimson Blaze

Name: Amanda Johnston
Height: 5’ 8”
Weight: 120 lbs.
Origin: Crimson Blaze is an escaped ELF that was living on the streets. She met and joined up with Vengence on his crusade. She enjoyed working with him, inflicting damage on the people like the ones that created her. Crimson Blaze went with Vengence when he joined the Ruthless.

Crimson Blaze; PL 12; Init +4; Defense /16 flat-footed; Spd 30/60 flying; Atk +6 melee (+0 S, punch), +11 ranged (+12 S/L Energy Blast); SV Dmg +5, Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4, Str 10, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 14. (50 pp)
Skills: Acrobatics +10, Gather Information +8, Sense Motive +7, Spot +7. (24 pp)
Feats: Aerial Combat, Attack Focus (Energy Blast), Darkvision, Dodge, Immunities (Heat, Radiation), Point Blank Shot (Rapid Shot), Power Attack. (18 pp)
Powers: Energy (Radiation) Control +12 (Extras: Area, Energy Blast, Flight, Force Field; Power Stunts: Dual Damage, Energy [Heat] Control; 6 pp), Amazing Save-Damage +3 (Extras: Fort, Ref, Will; 4 pp). (88 pp)
Last edited by mouthymerc on Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

mouthymerc
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby Nightlynx » Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:23 am

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

:D :D :D

Merc you are the MAN!

peace and good gaming

Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby powerboy » Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:19 pm

Any new Mirror Heroes for us this week mouthymerc?
powerboy
Bystander
Bystander

Postby mouthymerc » Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:00 pm

powerboy wrote:Any new Mirror Heroes for us this week mouthymerc?

I just got back from vacation with my family. I'll see what I can come up with over the next few days.

mouthymerc
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby Nightlynx » Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:03 pm

mouthymerc wrote:
powerboy wrote:Any new Mirror Heroes for us this week mouthymerc?

I just got back from vacation with my family. I'll see what I can come up with over the next few days.

How about trying your hand at say the Defenders or the New Warriors?!? Evil versions of those guys would be cool - or if your are really looking to tackle something how about a mirror version of the Thunderbolts - Heroes truned Villian truned hero (?) or however that would work :wink:

peace and good gaming
Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby mouthymerc » Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:51 pm

Nightlynx wrote:How about trying your hand at say the Defenders or the New Warriors?!?

The Defenders

I've already done the Hulk in the form of Armageddon. I have plans to do a mirror version of Dr. Strange. I suppose I could do one of the Sub-Mariner too.

The New Warriors

I was never too interested in this team, so I am not too familiar with the team's roster. I'm sure I could get all the info I need from a few sites, though.

Nightlynx wrote:or if your are really looking to tackle something how about a mirror version of the Thunderbolts - Heroes truned Villian truned hero (?) or however that would work

I thought about doing the Thunderbolts. Maybe I will think about it some more.

I am going to put up the first superhero team soon in the form of The Sensational Six. Three guesses of you they are mirrors of and the first two don't count.

mouthymerc
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby Nightlynx » Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:58 am

mouthymerc wrote:
I am going to put up the first superhero team soon in the form of The Sensational Six. Three guesses of you they are mirrors of and the first two don't count.

Humm cool idea - if you're looking for "Heroes" I vote for the Masters of Good or even the Brotherhood (of Elves). Just trying to spark some of thise creative energies of yours there Merc :D

peace and good gaming

Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby mouthymerc » Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:29 am

Nightlynx wrote:Humm cool idea - if you're looking for "Heroes" I vote for the Masters of Good or even the Brotherhood (of Elves). Just trying to spark some of thise creative energies of yours there Merc :D

Already flowin', thanks.

Actually, it is going to be the Elven Brotherhood. It was started by Polarity to battle the Fallen, but he no longer leads them. The original group consisted of Polarity, Sapphire Sorceress, Fadeout, Amphib, and Daydreamer. The Sapphire Sorceress and Fadeout left the group because they felt that their father's pacifist ideals did not fit with theirs. They felt that the norms should pay for their treatment of Elves and joined up with the Ruthless. And so on and so on.

As for a Masters of Good, well, I just may say that my players are that group. Since there will be a rotating group of heroes, this is pretty much a group like "The Masters of Good".

mouthymerc
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby mouthymerc » Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:49 pm

And now, introducing:

The Sensational Six

Dr. Arachnid

Name: Dr. Aaron Arrakis
Affiliation: Sensational Six
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 245 lbs.
Origin: A brilliant scientist who used his intelligence to create his tentacles that he uses to fight crime. The Arach-Kid tried to steel them, but was foiled by Dr. Arrakis. Recognizing the threat that Arach-Kid and many other super-powered individuals posed, he put together a team to bring them in. The group captured Arach-Kid in their first outing. Arach-Kid later escaped, though. They now use their abilities to fight super-crime. Dr. Arachnid does not actually lead the group all the time, though. The group rotates through different leaders, depending on whose abilities apply the most in any given situation.

Dr. Arachnid : PL 12; Init +0; Defense 13/13 flat-footed; Spd 30/60 tentacles; Atk +4 melee (+8 S, tentacle strike), ranged +4; SV Dmg +8, Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +2, Str 8, Dex 10, Con 10, Int 18, Wis 12, Cha 10. (26 pp)
Skills : Climb +15, Computers +15, Craft (Electronics) +15, Craft (Mechanics) +15, Craft (Robotics) +17, Repair +17, Science (Radiology) +15, Science (Robotics) +15. (19 pp)
Feats : Ambidexterity (Multidexterity), Attack Focus (Tentacles), Chokehold, Improved Grapple, Improved Pin, Toughness. (12 pp)
Powers : Mechanical Tentacles +12 (Power Stunts: Extra Limbs [4];Deflection, Elasticity [Extra: Constriction*], Super-Strength +8; 9 pp), Super-Intelligence +10 (2 pp), Amazing Save-Damage +5 (1 pp). (123 pp)

*Constriction-Dr. Arachnid can use his rank in his tentacles instead of his normal attack modifier to maintain a grapple. His normal Attack modifier is used to start the grapple, though.

Powercore

Name: Mason Danson
Height: 5’11”
Weight: 165 lbs.
Origin: After gaining his abilities in an electrical accident, Mason went to Dr. Arrakis for help. The doctor helped him gain control of his electrical powers and then asked him to join his team.

Powercore; PL 12; Init +2; Defense 18/16 flat-footed; Spd 30; Atk +8 melee (+2 S, punch), +8 ranged (+10 S, energy blast); SV Dmg +16, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +1, Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 10. (48 pp)
Skills: Craft (Electronics) +10, Repair +10, Spot +9. (24 pp)
Feats: Darkvision, Detect Electricity, Immunity-Electricity, Lightning Reflexes, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Toughness. (14 pp)
Powers: Electricity Control +10 (Extras: Energy Blast, Energy Field, Absorption [Electricity only]-Boost [Strength], Area, Selective; 8 pp), Amazing Save-Damage +12 (12 pp). (92 pp)

Imagineer

Name: Killian Bonner
Weight: 175 lbs.
Origin: An actor and a stuntman, Killian was an expert in creating illusions. His career has never really taken off, as he began to use his abilities to fight crime. Initially, it happened by accident during a bank robbery. Killian went on to create a costume to wear and became the Imagineer. Using his abilities in creating illusions and distractions, he is able to bring criminals to justice. No one is sure just how he does the illusions he does. Dr. Arachnid recognized his abilities and asked him to join the Sensational Six. Imagineer did and has been a great addition to the group.

Imagineer; PL 12; Init +8; Defense 23/15 flat-footed; Spd 30; Atk +5 melee (+2 S, punch); SV Dmg +2/+8, Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +8, Str 14, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 14. (47 pp)
Skills: Bluff +12, Demolitions +7, Disguise +10, Escape Artist +9, Hide +11, Intimidate +8, Knowledge (Occult) +3, Move Silently +11, Open Lock +14, Perform +8, Sense Motive +9, Sleight of Hand +14, Spot +9. (14 pp)
Feats: Dodge, Evasion, Skill Focus (Bluff, Demolitions, Open Lock, Sleight of Hand), Talented (Bluff & Disguise, Hide & Move Silently, Open Lock & Sleight of Hand). (18 pp)
Powers: Illusion +9 (Extras: Area, Dazzle, Obscure, Selective; 6 pp), Super-Dexterity +5 (Extras: Super-Charisma, Super-Wisdom; 7 pp). (89 pp)
Equipment: Helmet (Sensory Protection +10 [Sight & Hearing], True Sight; Device; 1 pp). (12 pp)

Horizon

Name: Andrew Tanner
Origin: Andrew Tanner was an middle-aged man whose company was just barely breaking even. Tanner was an inventor, but could never quite come up with that winning patent. He finally created a powersuit that would give super-strength and flight. A competing company found out and tried to steal the suit. Tanner donned the suit and fought off the interlopers. He realized, though, that the suit could fall into the wrong hands and decided to hold to it for a while longer. His company folded, but he was able to collect a hefty insurance check from the botched robbery as it caused much damage. Tanner took the money and went underground. He decided that until he felt it was safe to pass on the suit, he would use it to fight crime. As Horizon, Tanner fought crime and came to the attention of Dr. Arachnid. When the realized that they were of the same mind, Horizon offered his headquarters to be used as the headquarters for the group, effectively becoming part of the team.

Horizon; PL 12; Init +6; Defense 20/18 flat-footed; Spd 30; Atk +4 melee (+12 S, punch), +6 ranged (+6 S, energy pistol); SV Dmg +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +0, Str 10, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 10. (42 pp)
Skills: Acrobatics +12, Craft (Armor) +17, Craft (Electronics) +15, Craft (Mechanics) +15, Knowledge (Business) +15, Sense Motive +8, Spot +12. (36 pp)
Feats: Aerial Combat, Dodge, Headquarters, Improved Initiative, Iron Will. (10 pp)
Powers: Super-Intelligence +10 (2 pp). (20 pp)
Equipment: Armor +12 (Extras: Flight, Super-Strength; 5 pp), Energy Pistol +6 (1 pp), Grenades +8 (Extra: Area, Flaw: Uses; 1 pp). (74 pp)

Tracker

Name: Simon Kreiger
Height: 6’3”
Weight: 220 lbs.
Origin: Simon has spent his whole life training to be a hunter. While he is a mercenary, he is a good person. He thinks that capturing super-powered individuals is a challenge, so that is whom he hunts. Sometimes for sport, but sometimes for a bounty. Simon trained and took special potions that increased his physical abilities, including his senses. He is so much like an animal that he can communicate with them and receive help from them. Tracker was initially hired by Dr. Arachnid to help capture Arach-Kid, but grew to really like the group and stayed on afterward.

Tracker; PL 12; Init +14; Defense 24/14 flat-footed; Spd 30; Atk +11 melee (+9 S, punch), +12 ranged; SV Dmg +9, Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +0, Str 16, Dex 18, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 14. (56 pp)
Skills: Listen +9, Search +9, Spot +9, Survival +13/+19. (22 pp)
Feats: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Dodge, Expertise, Improved Critical, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Scent. (16 pp)
Powers: Super-Strength +6 (Extras: Super-Dexterity, Super-Constitution, Super-Senses; 11 pp), Telepathy +10 (Extra: Mind Control; Flaw: Limited-Animals only; 2 pp). (86 pp)

Shale

Name: Warrick Bronson
Height: 6’1”
Weight: 240 lbs., 450 lbs. in sand form.
Origin: Due to a radiation accident while on the beach, Warrick gained the ability to take a sand form. Initially, he did not know what to do. Dr. Arrakis, a specialist in radiology helped him to learn to control his abilities. Warrick later repaid the doctor’s helpfulness by joining the group as the muscle.

Shale; PL 12; Init +1; Defense 15/14 flat-footed; Spd 30/60 elasticity movement; Atk +10 melee (+0 S, punch); SV Dmg +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +0, Str 18, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 12. (46 pp)
Skills: Climb +19, Intimidate +26*, Jump +19, Spot +13. (30 pp)
Feats: Attack Focus (melee), Durability, Immunities (Aging, Cold, Critical Hits, Disease, Exhaustion, Heat, Poison, Pressure, Radiation, Magnetics, Starvation, Suffocation), Power Attack, Toughness. (8 pp)
Powers: Alternate Semi-Solid Form-Sand +12 (Elasticity, Protection, Immunities, Strike; Extras: Super-Strength [Flaw: Limited-Not for Damage], Regeneration; 8pp). (96 pp)

* Based on Strength.

mouthymerc
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby mouthymerc » Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:55 pm

For those wanting a little Far East flavor:

Fei-Zhu, Master of the Forbidden Art

Name: Fei-Zhu
Affiliation: Solo
Power Level: 14
Height: 5’ 10”
Origin: The son of a Chinese crime boss, Fei-Zhu was raised in seclusion to be totally faithful to his father. Once he was of age, his father had him assassinate a rival in order to test him. Fei-Zhu passed with flying colors. He is now his father’s right hand man, doing assassinations and other sundry jobs.

Fei-Zhu; PL 14; Init +8; Defense 24/24 flat-footed; Spd 30; Atk +14 melee (+11 S, punch); SV Dmg +3/+9, Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +9, Str 16, Dex 18, Con 16, Int 16, Wis 18, Cha 14. (88 pp)
Skills: Bluff +11, Sense Motive +13. (8 pp)
Feats: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Attack Finesse, Attack Focus (Unarmed), Blind-Fight, Chokehold, Dodge, Evasion, Expertise, Improved Critical, Improved Disarm, Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative, Improved Pin, Improved Trip, Move-By Attack, Power Attack, Rapid Strike, Skill Focus (Bluff, Sense Motive), Stunning Attack, Takedown Attack, Talented (Bluff & Sense Motive), Trance, Whirlwind Attack. (38 pp)
Powers: Amazing Save-Reflex +5 (Extra: Will; Training; 2 pp), Combat Sense +4 (Training; 1 pp), Luck (Chi) +8 (Training; 5 pp), Strike +8 (Training; 2 pp). (70 pp)

mouthymerc
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby mouthymerc » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:58 pm

The Elven Brotherhood

The Elven Brotherhood was started by Polarity, but has changed many times over the years. New incarnations have included new elves. Even today, anew group could be forming.

The original group included these folks:

Polarity

Name: Walter Werner
Affiliation: Solo/Founder and Original leader of The Elven Brotherhood
Power Level: 18
Height: 6’2”
Weight: 190 lbs.
Origin: The man who would become Polarity was an early successful elf. He and a fellow elf, Mr. E, grew up together. They both bristled at the control that the government exerted over them. As they grew older and gained better control of their abilities, they began to formulate a plan of escape.
When they were in their late teens, Polarity and Mr. E were deemed ready for deployment. They were put into the field for a trial run. Figuring they would never get a better chance, both Polarity and Mr. E chose to escape the government’s control while on this mission. They escaped successfully and immediately went underground.
It was during this time that Polarity met the mother of his children, Fadeout and the Sapphire Sorceress. When he left (not knowing that she was pregnant), he joined up with Mr. E again. They decided that they were going to help others like themselves. Mr. E, though, wanted to make the norms pay for their treatment of elves. Polarity only wanted to free them of their slavery. They stayed together long enough to free a large group of elves and then went their separate ways.
Mr. E created his group, the Fallen, which are very hardcore and could almost be considered terrorists. Polarity started the Elven Brotherhood, a group trying to show the world that elves can live among the norms equally. It is a long struggle, but Polarity is willing to go the distance. Polarity no longer leads the Elven Botherhood, having moved on to other battles. The group still thrives, with new members picking up the mantle.

Polarity; PL 18; Init +3; Defense 19/16 flat-footed; Spd 30/75 flying; Atk +11 melee (+3 S, punch), +11 ranged (+15 S, energy blast); SV Dmg +3, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +7, Str 16, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 20, Wis 20, Cha 18. (76 pp)
Skills: Computers +18, Craft (Robotics) +20, Intimidation +19, Repair +18, Science (Genetics) +21. (18 pp)
Feats: Headquarters, Inspire, Iron Will, Leadership, Skill Focus (Genetics, Intimidation), Talented (Computers & Repair, Genetics & Robotics). (14 pp)
Powers: Astral Projection +4 (5 pp), Magnetic Control +15 (Extras: Animation, Energy Blast, Flight, Force Field, Gadgets; Power Stunts: Gravity Control, Heat Control, Light Control, Radiation Control, Scramble Electronics [Neutralize], Snare, Stun; 7 pp), Super-Intelligence +10 (2 pp), Telepathy +4 (2 pp). (147 pp)
Equipment: Chainmail Armor +3 (1 pp), Helmet (Mental Protection +12; 1 pp). (15 pp)

Fadeout

Name: Maxwell Werner
Affiliation: The Ruthless/Formerly of The Elven Brotherhood
Height: 6’
Origin: The twin brother of the Sapphire Sorceress and the son of Polarity, he stayed with his father longer than his sister did in the Elven Brotherhood. While he remained faithful to his father longer than his sister did, even he could not deny how the norms treated elves. He eventually left his father to join the Ruthless ranks along with his sister, but sometimes still helps his father, when he feels the cause is his also.

Fadeout; PL 12; Init +14; Defense 32/18 flat-footed; Spd 80; Atk +7 melee (+12 S, punch); SV Dmg +3/+14, Fort +3, Ref +14, Will +2, Str 14, Dex 18, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 12. (61 pp)
Skills: Spot +9. (7 pp)
Feats: Dodge, Evasion, Immunities (Cold, Heat, Pressure), Move-By Attack, Rapid Attack. (14 pp)
Powers: Super-Speed +10 (Extras: Invisibility, Mach One Punch, Sonic Boom; Power Stunts: Wall Run, Water Run, Whirlwind, Whirlwind Attack; 9 pp). (98 pp)

Sapphire Sorceress

See earlier post.

Amphib

Name: Monroe Tallack
Affiliation: The Elven Brotherhood
Height: 5’
Weight: 150 lbs.
Origin: Amphib was an elf rescued early on by Polarity. So impresses by him, was Amphib, that he became his right-hand man for a while. When Polarity started the Elven Brotherhood, Amphib was right there with him. While he is very shy and tends to stay in the background, he can be a very worthy opponent on the battlefield.

Amphib; PL 12; Init +16; Defense 34/18 flat-footed; Spd 30; Atk +7 melee (+14 S, slam); SV Dmg +3/+16, Fort +3, Ref +16, Will +1, Str 14, Dex 18, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 8. (54 pp)
Skills: Acrobatics +17, Balance +17, Craft (Electronics) +7, Escape Artist +17, Hide +17, Move Silently +17, Taunt +9. (20 pp)
Feats: Amphibious, Darkvision, Dodge, Evasion, Move-By Attack, Power Attack, Takedown Attack, Rapid Strike, Underwater Combat. (18 pp)
Powers: Super-Dexterity +12 (Extras: Elasticity [Flaws: No movement or skill bonuses], Leaping, Natural Weapons; Power Stunts: Swimming, Snare; 7 pp). (88 pp)

Daydreamer

Name: Jonathon Wainright
Affiliation: The Elven Brotherhood
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 165 lbs.
Origin: Daydreamer was one of the first elves that Polarity helped to escape. He immediately joined the Elven Brotherhood to use his abilities to help other elves. His abilities allow him to camoflauge the groups activities or change their appearance, so they can get in or out of places. Daydreamer tries to avoid direct combat, but his illusions can be fearsome.

Daydreamer; PL 12; Init +1; Defense 17/16 flat-footed; Spd 30; Atk +6 melee (+2 S, punch); SV Dmg +1, Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +13, Str 14, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 14. (49 pp)
Skills: Bluff +12, Disguise +9, Perform +12, Sleight of Hand +13. (39 pp)
Feats: Iron Will, True Sight. (4 pp)
Powers: Illusion +12 (Extras: Area, Duration-Continuous, Mind Control, Selective; 6 pp), Amazing Save-Will +8 (1 pp). (80 pp)
Equipment: Armor +8 (1 pp). (8 pp)

mouthymerc
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby Hindsight » Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:43 am

I’m new around here, but I have loved what I have read in this thread. The write-ups for the characters are very well done, but the ‘new’ backgrounds for them are fantastic…even if I do see a few of them running around with Evil-Spock goatees. I really like the write-up for The Sensational Six and the ArachKid.

If I could put in a request, I would love to see the second incarnation of The Elven Brotherhood (The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants) With Glamour (Mystique), Tremor (Avalanche), Bulk (Blob), Probably (Destiny), Torch (Pyro), and, Imprint (Rogue)…before/after the fight with Ms. DC (Ms. Marvel) and joining/leaving the Fallen.

Your write-ups for other characters I have found in other threads are great, too. Keep up the great work M.M.
"That's not my Sidekick. That is a talking monkey that won't leave me alone."
Hindsight
Bystander
Bystander

Postby mouthymerc » Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:57 pm

Hindsight wrote:I’m new around here, but I have loved what I have read in this thread. The write-ups for the characters are very well done, but the ‘new’ backgrounds for them are fantastic…even if I do see a few of them running around with Evil-Spock goatees. I really like the write-up for The Sensational Six and the ArachKid.

Your write-ups for other characters I have found in other threads are great, too. Keep up the great work M.M.

Thank you. I'm glad you are enjoying them. While they are not totally original creations, I am having fun tweeking them for use as villains.

Hindsight wrote:If I could put in a request, I would love to see the second incarnation of The Elven Brotherhood (The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants) With Glamour (Mystique), Tremor (Avalanche), Bulk (Blob), Probably (Destiny), Torch (Pyro), and, Imprint (Rogue)…before/after the fight with Ms. DC (Ms. Marvel) and joining/leaving the Fallen.

Actually, it is Shiftress, Rockslide, Massive, Miss Fortune, Dragonbreath and Imprint. As for adding more abilities to Imprint, mechanically I would either have to increase her power level, or decrease her mimic powers in order to have them. I've chosen to make my version more dependant on her mimic powers so that she actually uses them.

mouthymerc
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby Nightlynx » Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:51 pm

How goes this project there Merc?!?!?
I for one am looking forward to seeing more from the Marvel Mirror World - so please keep'em comming!

peace and good gaming

Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Novac » Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:57 pm

As an aside, anyone heard any status on the PL 10 Project someone was batting around a while back?
Novac
Booster
Booster

Postby Nightlynx » Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:24 pm

Novac wrote:As an aside, anyone heard any status on the PL 10 Project someone was batting around a while back?

No.... but its a good question!
Was it just conversions of DC/Marvel/etc comic characters or was it some sort of forum to collect Good guys and Bad guys built at PL 10? If anyone is working on this sort of thing cool - if anyone would like to put this sort of thing together and maybe put it up as a down loadable file over at the M&M Sketchpad group at yahoo _ I would be willing to pick in and help with the effort!

peace and good gaming

Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Novac » Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:34 am

Nightlynx wrote:- if anyone would like to put this sort of thing together and maybe put it up as a down loadable file over at the M&M Sketchpad group at yahoo _ I would be willing to pick in and help with the effor

Yeah, same here. Been tinkering about and I have a version of Rogue's Transfer that costs about 4 P.P/level. I'd be willing to help out if I could.
Novac
Booster
Booster

PreviousNext

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives