Updated M&M Character Sheet!

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Postby Zenon » Fri Jul 11, 2003 5:41 am

Just another minor bug report:

When a different Size other than Medium is selected, the Flat Footed AC is not modified. Size also modifies your Mental Defense (should it?).

Example: with 4 ranks Growth, I am now a Large creature. I select it on the Starting Info Tab using the drop-down box. On the Abilities & Combat Tab under Defense, a -1 Size modifier is applied to both Defense and Mental Defense making them a 9. However, the Flat Footed AC still remains at 10.

Resolution:

Modify the Formula in cell E43:
From =SUM(G43+I43+K43)
To =SUM(G43+I43+K43+O39)

This includes the -1 Size modifier.

If Mental Defense is not modified by Size (which I am not sure it should be, can't find anything in the rules), then change the formula in E40:
From =SUM(G40,I40,M40,O40)
To =SUM(G40,I40,M40)

This will remove the Size modifier from the Mental Defense stat.
Zenon
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby DarkTouch » Fri Jul 11, 2003 5:48 am

If your body is bigger then you have a bigger brain that's easier to hit right?
My Blue Rose Character Sheet - Version 0.6 (Now OGL Compliant) Feedback welcome.
DarkTouch
Booster
Booster

Postby Carnifex » Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:33 pm

also, you have extended teleport as an extra; in the errata it's a power stunt
Carnifex
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Tymminator » Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:11 pm

Ugh, Doesn't fit on one page.

Just it modified under the file/Print preview/fit to one page deal.
Tymminator
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Valdier » Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:52 pm

Carnifex wrote:I have simpson's sheet (which rocks); I heard there were 2 others by different people, where can they be obtained?

Pretty much all of the major MnM sheets can be found over on my site. If there are any sheets somebody has put together that they would like me to host (and it is a good sheet) feel free to send them over and I can add them.

As of now, there have been over 3500 character sheet downloads from my site now :)
If you are looking for news, examples, tutorials, FAQ or something else, try visiting Valdier.com
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby DKeith2011 » Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:28 am

simpson wrote:Yes, the synergy bonuses don't automatically add in because (IMO) there's a discrepancy as to what constitutes a rank. It just lists the synergy bonuses on the side if there may be a synergy bonus available. Different people will have different interpretations. Way I see it is (and how I implemented it), is any skill point from the following count:

Ranks, Feats (Talented, Skill Focus, etc), Synergy Bonuses, Powers (Super Skill), Misc.

Ability modifiers are not factored into the base "ranks" when determining synergy. This may be a good question for Steve.

Going from other d20 games, the only thing that counts as a skill rank is points spent to increase the actual skill. Feats, powers and attribute mods dont count.
DKeith2011
Bystander
Bystander

Postby DKeith2011 » Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:42 pm

One thing I noticed about this version is that you are no longer able to choose the attribute that is the basis for your various save, attack and defense ratings.

Was there a specific reason this ability was removed?
DKeith2011
Bystander
Bystander

Postby faenril » Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:29 pm

Maverick spotted in the feat lookup ;):

Talented requires not 13 in key abilities in the errata, just ranks in the corresponding skill.

Hopes it helps.
Never Give-Up, never Surrender !
faenril
Devotee
Devotee

Postby simpson » Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:36 pm

Thanks Guys. I'll get these issues addressed in the next update.

DKeith, I removed the stat drop downs because they weren't entirely helpful (IMO) and were unnecessary overhead. As far as I knew, no one used them. I can re-implement them if you want (changing the Ability cell to a VLOOKUP or something). Shouldn't be all that hard.
simpson
Bystander
Bystander

Postby faenril » Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:32 pm

Also the printing is 2 sheet and the second one is blank or includes the mutants and masterminds logo depending wether I print from office or home. The paper type is "letter", can yu put it to "A4" please ?
Never Give-Up, never Surrender !
faenril
Devotee
Devotee

Postby DKeith2011 » Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:50 am

simpson wrote:Thanks Guys. I'll get these issues addressed in the next update.

DKeith, I removed the stat drop downs because they weren't entirely helpful (IMO) and were unnecessary overhead. As far as I knew, no one used them. I can re-implement them if you want (changing the Ability cell to a VLOOKUP or something). Shouldn't be all that hard.

Thout would be appreciated.

Several of my players have feats that change the basis for attack, defense and save bonuses. One is even playing a character who is basically a construct (so no Con) being able to reassign attributes was really useful fro him.
DKeith2011
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Arlyansor » Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:44 am

Not too sound too dumb, but what version of excel is being used for 'Character Builder 2.12"?

I downloaded a file called simply "7", and changed the extension to .xls, but my copy of excel reads it as garbage.

I'm running office xp, so it shouldn't be that the version is too 'old', so what am I doning wrong in this instance?

Arlyansor.
Arlyansor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby simpson » Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:59 pm

I'm not sure why you're downloading "7". Where are you trying to download it from?

The latest and greatest character sheet is always available here:

http://www.elyzium.net

Currently, it's up to 2.13. Not much change from 2.12 to 2.13... Now in the Abilites & Combat section, you can type in the relevant attribute and the appropriate modifier will be used. You'll have to unprotect the sheet though.

I've used the sheet with Office XP, Office 2000 and Office 2003. Apparently, it also works with the various Open Offices and the like, so I don't think compatibility is the issue. More than likely it sounds like you're downloading a corrupt file.

simp
simpson
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Arlyansor » Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:36 pm

I downloaded the file from valdier.com, from the downloads page.

I think I've stated it before but for some strange reason I cannot access www.elyzium.net. Every time I've tried I get sent to this address:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res1kgm8/

and from here I end up with a 'Cannot find server' error and bumped to some 'links' page.

This has happened every single time I've tried to access this site.

Is this sheet archived somewhere else? Perhaps some kind soul can e-mail a copy to me?

Arlyansor
Arlyansor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby simpson » Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:59 pm

simpson
Bystander
Bystander

Previous

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives