Become a Mutants & Masterminds Minion

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Postby Bestopheles » Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:39 pm

hey Guys,

The minions forum is open for posting, and NikChick has already posted some queries about running demos at Origins. Might want to post there 'stead of here...

Jason
Live in or near Arlington Heights, IL (Chicago NW Suburbs) and like to roleplay? Then click here: http://www.greenronin.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=59584#59584
Bestopheles
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Bard » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:04 pm

Well, here's how the story goes:

I'm originally from British Columbia, but moved to Ontario when I was 12. On one of my later trips back I happened upon a new gaming store opening up in the nearby town of Port Moody. Over several annual trips I gained the friendship of the owner, Dave, and we became pretty good buddies. One day, when I was 16, we were talking about gaming conventions and the upcoming Toronto convention of Orion. He said that he'd been sent tickets for some conventions...GenCon and Origins!

So he reaches under the counter and, I swear to god, pulls out a handful of tickets to both conventions. Weekend passes, group passes, vendor passes. Apparently he just got shipped them for no particular reason. He then proceeded to offer them to me, saying he had no use for them. I had to refuse them. What could I do? I was 16, it's not like I could actually GO to the cons.

Apparently he went off and sold them on e-Bay and made some cash off of them that way. It was one of the most surreal gaming experiences I've ever had (easily topping the game GMed by the guy who looked like the main villain from the first "Scanners" movie).
-bard, Gentleman for Hire and Mystery Archaeologist
Bard
Groupie
Groupie

Re: Origins

Postby projectdaedalus » Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:02 am

Dr. Rune wrote:[I'll be there Saturday for sure.....possibly Friday and Sunday as well. Any pickup games going on? :)

I'm running a Freedom Force MnM demo on Sunday from 11:00 AM to 1:50 PM. Check the 'Players Seeking Players' forum for more details.
Join the Heroes of Freedom Multi-User Campaign!

Check out my MnM United Heroes Thread -- You'll be glad you did!
projectdaedalus
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Benfromidaho » Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:10 am

So does this mean that if we haven't recieved an email yet that we aren't minions?
--Benfromidaho
Benfromidaho
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nikchick » Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:33 am

Benfromidaho wrote:So does this mean that if we haven't recieved an email yet that we aren't minions?
--Benfromidaho

Not necessarily. :)

I haven't dealt with many of the foreign applications yet, and there are certain areas that sent in just a ton of minion applications (everyone in one gaming group, maybe? ;) ) like Idaho, Tennessee, Kentucky, and a couple other places. Since we don't need a dozen Minions clustered around city, I put off making some of those decisions.

I'll be sending out e-mail to everyone, one way or another, eventually...

Nicole
Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby Paladin » Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:10 am

That explains why I haven't received any mail yet....

And now that I'm moderator of my own rpg section in two different foruns... :(
Paladin
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby faenril » Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:56 am

I have received it :!:

France is ready to serve The Minion Project :wink: .
Never Give-Up, never Surrender !
faenril
Devotee
Devotee

Postby mrobviousjosh » Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:21 pm

On my application it asked for local gaming stores. I realized I didn't include Books A Million, Hastings, Walden Books, or the like. Should I have? Would that make much difference because it is a larger group to demo with? There are also a couple of independent comic stores I may have left off. Should I try to fix that??? Thanks
If you send someone to save the world, you better make sure they like it the way it is.
-Triple X-
mrobviousjosh
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby prophet118 » Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:38 pm

i didnt put them either, because i dont consider them gaming stores..lol
"Congratulations you have won, its a years subscription of bad puns.."
prophet118
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby mrobviousjosh » Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:40 pm

Well, that was my original thought as well but since I'm a smaller city, about 80,000 I wasn't sure how important it would be. Granted Fort Smith is the 2nd largest city in Arkansas but overall is small in the grand scheme of things. So....
If you send someone to save the world, you better make sure they like it the way it is.
-Triple X-
mrobviousjosh
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby prophet118 » Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:47 pm

lol... and sometimes in large cities, its hard to find groups that gel with your style..lol
prophet118
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Rune » Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:17 pm

Bestopheles wrote:hey Guys,

The minions forum is open for posting, and NikChick has already posted some queries about running demos at Origins. Might want to post there 'stead of here...

Jason

Uh, where exactly is the Minions Forum? Maybe I'm just blind, but I don't see them. Could you post a link?

Rune
Rune

Zelda's Axiom
Whenever somebody tells you about "the five ancient talismans" or "the nine legendary crystals" or whatever, you can be quite confident that Saving the World will require you to go out and find every last one of them.
Rune
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Strand0 » Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:23 am

Rune wrote:Uh, where exactly is the Minions Forum? Maybe I'm just blind, but I don't see them. Could you post a link?

Rune
http://www.greenronin.com/demo/demoform.php
It is said that 'he who makes the best egg-salad shall rule over heaven and Earth'. ... Don't ask me why egg-salad, I have enough agravation.
Strand0
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby Nikchick » Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:55 am

Strand0 wrote:
Rune wrote:Uh, where exactly is the Minions Forum? Maybe I'm just blind, but I don't see them. Could you post a link?

Rune
http://www.greenronin.com/demo/demoform.php

There's a message board that's open to the demoers, but only those who have both sent in their volunteer agreements and given me their forum handles.

I've been processing them as they come in every day.

Nicole
Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby prophet118 » Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:14 am

so does that mean if we see it, we're spiff demoers, or if we can post we're spiff demoers?

just curious
prophet118
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Hollywood » Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:12 pm

prophet118 wrote:so does that mean if we see it, we're spiff demoers, or if we can post we're spiff demoers?

how 'bout neither, cuz it ain't necessary?
Hollywood
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby prophet118 » Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:56 pm

well it is important..

if im not mistaken, i can see the folder, and i do beleive i can post, but i havent gotten anything from nicole to confirm or deny me being a minion.
prophet118
Fanatic
Fanatic

MSg bpard for minions

Postby Giddoen » Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:01 pm

prophet118 wrote:well it is important..

if im not mistaken, i can see the folder, and i do beleive i can post, but i havent gotten anything from nicole to confirm or deny me being a minion.

I have confirmation but that is all I recieved? and I know nothing of a special msg board for minions can someone send me the url?

Giddoen
I could be nice...but wheres the fun in that!
Giddoen
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby prophet118 » Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:22 pm

click on the thing that says "green ronin forum index".... then scroll to the bottom.... its in a poorly located place... way at the bottom of a way w dont go ..lol
prophet118
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby prophet118 » Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:24 pm

prophet118
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby mrobviousjosh » Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:38 pm

Good point Prophet. I just posted in there so I guess I'm a Demoer but wasn't sure cause I hadn't heard anything back from Nicole. Good question. Also, This is my 400th post. (tear) :)
-Triple X-
mrobviousjosh
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby Nikchick » Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:42 pm

I'm still processing, but people who have turned in their forms were flagged for access to the forums as soon as I got 'em. I received come additional forms by mail over the weekend, and I haven't processed those yet, but all you eager beavers who faxed or e-mailed should be processed and flagged for access.

You don't get personal welcome letters, but that's just because I'm over-taxed at the moment. :)

Nicole
Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby mrobviousjosh » Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:48 pm

That's fine and we understand, we just wanted to know what was going on. Thanks again Nicole. As I've said before, what would we do without you? :wink:
-Triple X-
mrobviousjosh
Super Poster
Super Poster

thanksgot it!

Postby Giddoen » Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:15 pm

prophet118 wrote:click on the thing that says "green ronin forum index".... then scroll to the bottom.... its in a poorly located place... way at the bottom of a way w dont go ..lol

You are right I never look down there! ;p

jP
I could be nice...but wheres the fun in that!
Giddoen
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby prophet118 » Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:19 pm

also, thanks for pointing out my lack of coherant sentences gideon..lol

i think i meant to say "way at the bottom of a place we dont go"

but im not sure...lol
prophet118
Fanatic
Fanatic

PreviousNext