Become a Mutants & Masterminds Minion

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Re: Minions

Postby Nikchick » Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:46 pm

mrobviousjosh wrote:I faxed it thinking it would be faster and less of a bother on the great folks at G.R. but come to think of it, I may have to wait until Monday before they open their office to get my fax, lol. Oh well, mine's sent and waiting.

I got your fax. :) But I'm visiting my mother this weekend, so I'm not doing much in the way of prepping the minions until Monday anyway.

You guys crack me up. :green:

Nicole
Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby prophet118 » Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:49 pm

i hope mine go to you ok... i had left off part of my address by mistake, so i just sent the rest of my address in an email message... i hope thats cool
"Congratulations you have won, its a years subscription of bad puns.."
prophet118
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby mrobviousjosh » Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:09 am

Nikchick wrote: I got your fax. :) But I'm visiting my mother this weekend, so I'm not doing much in the way of prepping the minions until Monday anyway.

Nicole

Whoohoo!!!! Did you guys hear that, she got MY Fax! I'm on my way towards becoming a Green Ronin Demo Member. Thanks Nicole. :green: I'm glad to hear you are spending time with your mother, they're universally important, but moreso that faxing was just as helpful as e-mailing. Besides, I've got a Fax machine. Do you know how often I get to use it. The whole process was kinda fun, lol. Okay, I must be bored to say that! Lol. :wink:
If you send someone to save the world, you better make sure they like it the way it is.
-Triple X-
mrobviousjosh
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby prophet118 » Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:12 am

one of these days i need to figure out how to use my internal modem fax..lol..
prophet118
Fanatic
Fanatic

Fax Away

Postby mrobviousjosh » Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:21 am

Lol. Mine's a Fax, Telephone, Copier unit. It's actually my mom's, lol, it was like $250 so that's fine with me, and why would I really need it at college anyway. I may get one just because though. That's the type of person I am. Remember Mr. Dink from Doug. That's gonna be me in like 20 years, lol.
If you send someone to save the world, you better make sure they like it the way it is.
-Triple X-
mrobviousjosh
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby prophet118 » Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:23 am

oi mr dink..lol

i need to get a better printer.... i think Bard was talking about his not wanting to work or something.. mine works, ir prints nice black pages.lol

then of course once i updated to windows 2000, i found out that even the updated 2k drivers wont work with it..lol
prophet118
Fanatic
Fanatic

Printers Unite

Postby mrobviousjosh » Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:27 am

That's Microsoft for you, lol. I actually think it's okay but sometimes they're a pain. Perhaps you could find an update to allow compatability, though doubtful. Black Pages, that would be a real pain. You'd use SO much ink. I can see why you don't print much.
-Triple X-
mrobviousjosh
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby prophet118 » Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:31 am

havent printed anything for like... 7 or 8 months... i have to get my wife to print stuff off at her work... though i try to keep it to the bare minimum, dont wanna get her in trouble..lol
prophet118
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Bard » Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:55 am

A few things happened with my printer.

1) It's a POS that won't print in color even if you put a color cartridge in
2) It won't handle the extra heavy paper that I use for printing off ebooks
3) It jams at every availble moment
4) It's hooked up to my PC, which can no longer recieve email, and I have long since lost the printer setup disk so I can't attach it to my laptop.

I'd transfer the document upstairs to the other printer....
...but that one only works once in a blue moon when you sacrafice a calf to it.

I swear, it hadn't worked for months, my Grandfather printed something off on it on Thursday, and then it wouldn't work for him an hour or so later.

Madness!
-bard, Gentleman for Hire and Mystery Archaeologist
Bard
Groupie
Groupie

Printer

Postby mrobviousjosh » Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:44 pm

LMAO. That sounds like the time my printer was possessed. No joke. I had just done like 5 hrs. of research on supernatural, hauntings, photos, videos, you name it, for Call of Cthulhu reference, I like to incorporate as much real stuff as possible with the fact because it always leaves the players guessing and makes it scarier. Anyway, some friends of mine came down to my dorm room and wanted to print something. The computer was off, the printer was off and when they reached to turn my computer on the printer started printing random numbers, particularly 666, over and over again before they unplugged it, since the power was off at the start, at which point it paused for a moment, finished printing the page, and then quit. When we finally hooked it back up again, with whatever weapons we could find in hand, it acted as if we were the ones that went nuts. Worked fine. We promptly burned the printed 666 sheet. Ever since then though it's been a good, non-possessed printer. But, I know the feeling. :wink:
-Triple X-
mrobviousjosh
Super Poster
Super Poster

Re: Printer

Postby Bard » Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:15 pm

mrobviousjosh wrote:LMAO. That sounds like the time my printer was possessed. No joke. I had just done like 5 hrs. of research on supernatural, hauntings, photos, videos, you name it, for Call of Cthulhu reference, I like to incorporate as much real stuff as possible with the fact because it always leaves the players guessing and makes it scarier. Anyway, some friends of mine came down to my dorm room and wanted to print something. The computer was off, the printer was off and when they reached to turn my computer on the printer started printing random numbers, particularly 666, over and over again before they unplugged it, since the power was off at the start, at which point it paused for a moment, finished printing the page, and then quit. When we finally hooked it back up again, with whatever weapons we could find in hand, it acted as if we were the ones that went nuts. Worked fine. We promptly burned the printed 666 sheet. Ever since then though it's been a good, non-possessed printer. But, I know the feeling. :wink:

I think it just had to print the evil out of it. You know, like printer-vomit.
Bard
Groupie
Groupie

Printer Vomit

Postby mrobviousjosh » Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:34 pm

Lol. Needless to say, it was creepy. I considered using it for D20 Call of Cthulhu as an event and may still do that in the future. :)
-Triple X-
mrobviousjosh
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby Stickman » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:23 am

Yeah, I've seen the printer thing happen ..

@PJL COMMENT HP Color LaserJet 5/5M Version 0.56
@PJL SET RESOLUTION=300
@PJL ENTER LANGUAGE=PCL
E*a1buNDY&
@EVIL BUFFER OVERRUN
@SUMMON CODE 666BAAL
E*3v1l&
E*saT4n&
@SET UNHOLY_COLOUR_OPTION=TRUE
@PROJECTILE VOMIT_TONER_RANGE=LONG
@FORCE SPRAY_ANGLE=WIDE

that things evil I tells ya! ;)
Stickman
Bystander
Bystander

Postby projectdaedalus » Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:34 am

Is it just me or has this gone way off topic?
Join the Heroes of Freedom Multi-User Campaign!

Check out my MnM United Heroes Thread -- You'll be glad you did!
projectdaedalus
Groupie
Groupie

Printer

Postby mrobviousjosh » Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:02 am

It's Just YOU!!!! Well, actually it has gone a little off topic. Nicole was right, we crack her up because we talk about the most interesting things. Perhaps we should refrain from evil printer topics for another thread, lol. Thanks for bringing us back to Earth projectdaedalus. :)
-Triple X-
mrobviousjosh
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby Quantum » Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:05 am

How do we apply for M&M demo minion? I sent an email but got no response. Nothing. I hope it is still open.
Quantum
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Minions

Postby mrobviousjosh » Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:06 am

Nicole's going to start going through them Monday. Whoa, that's today. You should hear in the next couple of days I'd think. :)
-Triple X-
mrobviousjosh
Super Poster
Super Poster

Re: Minions

Postby mrobviousjosh » Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:39 am

Nikchick wrote:
mrobviousjosh wrote:I faxed it thinking it would be faster and less of a bother on the great folks at G.R. but come to think of it, I may have to wait until Monday before they open their office to get my fax, lol. Oh well, mine's sent and waiting.

I got your fax. :) But I'm visiting my mother this weekend, so I'm not doing much in the way of prepping the minions until Monday anyway.

Nicole

I just had to go back a page to find it. But, that should answer your question completely now. I hate it when I'm not thorough. Lol. :)
-Triple X-
mrobviousjosh
Super Poster
Super Poster

Origins

Postby projectdaedalus » Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:30 pm

Who among the Minions is going to be at Origins? I'll be there, and I'm available to run demos on Friday night and Sunday. I'll be there Saturday but I'm booked solid.
Join the Heroes of Freedom Multi-User Campaign!

Check out my MnM United Heroes Thread -- You'll be glad you did!
projectdaedalus
Groupie
Groupie

Postby faenril » Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:42 am

I have not received anything yet.
Never Give-Up, never Surrender !
faenril
Devotee
Devotee

Postby Bestopheles » Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:26 am

Well, I'll be at both Origins and Gencon. :) Origins was pretty booked last time I checked my schedule, but I might be able to run a demo or something one night. Gencon is looking wide open right now...I could definitely run a few demos, if needed. ;)

Jason
Live in or near Arlington Heights, IL (Chicago NW Suburbs) and like to roleplay? Then click here: http://www.greenronin.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=59584#59584
Bestopheles
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Bard » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:14 am

Anyone want me to relate the story about how I once turned down free weekend passes to GenCon and Origins?
Bard
Groupie
Groupie

Postby palehorse » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:48 am

Sure, Bard, as long as it doesn't turn into one of those Penthouse Forum stories.... "So I was on my way to GenCon when I met the twin cheerleaders... Boy, did we have an exciting weekend!"
Butch Curry
Staff Reviewer, GamingReport.com
palehorse
Aficionado
Aficionado

Postby mrobviousjosh » Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:47 pm

That reminds me of some pleasant memories Palehorse....yeah. Those were good times. Lol. I agree with Palehorse. Feel free to tell but don't shove it into our faces how much of a life we REALLY have. :)
-Triple X-
mrobviousjosh
Super Poster
Super Poster

Re: Origins

Postby Dr. Rune » Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:17 pm

projectdaedalus wrote:Who among the Minions is going to be at Origins? I'll be there, and I'm available to run demos on Friday night and Sunday. I'll be there Saturday but I'm booked solid.

I'll be there Saturday for sure.....possibly Friday and Sunday as well. Any pickup games going on? :)
Dr. Rune
Bystander
Bystander

PreviousNext

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives