Become a Mutants & Masterminds Minion

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Postby projectdaedalus » Fri May 23, 2003 8:17 am

I like the name Living Hero myself.

The RPGA is rather hit and miss right now from my recent experiences with Living Greyhawk and Living Force.

The upside is that PCs are all legal and go through a standardized process in character creation. Also, since the modules are also standardized, the campaign can have a certain 'look & feel' that can be controlled to a degree by the campaign staff.

The downside is that it will probably start off small, and not everyone's idea of a superhero campaign will likely be represented. There are people who want a darker supers game, and I imagine that anything official from GR or the RPGA will be something much more like Freedom City. Another potential downside is that a lot of gamers don't like the paperwork and ordered nature of RPGA campaigns.

Just my thoughts on the subject. I would love to see it, but I can see why GR can't really organize/maintain it.
Join the Heroes of Freedom Multi-User Campaign!

Check out my MnM United Heroes Thread -- You'll be glad you did!
projectdaedalus
Groupie
Groupie

Postby projectdaedalus » Fri May 23, 2003 8:19 am

Nikchick wrote:The RPGA put a halt to new Living X campaigns recently, I think. A Living Freedom City would be cool, but it couldn't be up to GR to organize or we'd never get another book published. Just don't have the hero-power to handle it.

Nicole

You know, a lot of the Minions might be willing to do this for you...

projectdaedalus
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Green Lantern » Fri May 23, 2003 4:23 pm

Nikchick wrote:The RPGA put a halt to new Living X campaigns recently, I think. A Living Freedom City would be cool, but it couldn't be up to GR to organize or we'd never get another book published. Just don't have the hero-power to handle it.

Nicole

That is the response I expected, makes sense to me. I'd much rather see more books than an organized campaign (obviously that's the preference for you guys too :P ).

PD's idea is interesting, maybe somewhere down the line it might be possible.
Beware My Power...
Green Lantern
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Bard » Sat May 24, 2003 7:20 pm

Well, there's my application in!

LOL, I'm becoming the Playtest Monkey at my FLGS. Man, it's a good thing it's a comic store, otherwise they'd tire quickly of me and the superhero games, lol.

My question is this:

How many times did the Green Ronin have to take the Minions Feat to represent all these...well...minions? lol.

Will we ever see stats for our mysterious employer?

What, if any, connection does our employer have to the forces that lurk behind the walls of creation?

Important, but dangerous, questions indeed!
-bard, Gentleman for Hire and Mystery Archaeologist
Bard
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Dr. Rune » Tue May 27, 2003 7:16 am

Has anyone gotten a response back yet? I'm sure they have a ton of apps to go through, but I just want to make sure that mine was recieved :)

Doc
Dr. Rune
Bystander
Bystander

Postby faenril » Tue May 27, 2003 9:19 am

no response at this time...
Never Give-Up, never Surrender !
faenril
Devotee
Devotee

Postby skullsplitter » Tue May 27, 2003 11:46 am

iI've just signed up - Us limeys need someone here.
skullsplitter
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nikchick » Tue May 27, 2003 12:12 pm

:o

I've had over 150 applications since I posted the news about our demo teams. You guys are the best!

I'll be contacting people this week, as I process through all these application forms.

Holy smokes :!:

Nicole
Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Sitting in the darkness of my cave.

Postby Solar Guardian » Tue May 27, 2003 7:31 pm

I am anxiously awaiting your call.

:D
Solar Guardian
Bystander
Bystander

Postby SmokestackJones » Wed May 28, 2003 2:24 pm

Nikchick wrote::o

I've had over 150 applications since I posted the news about our demo teams. You guys are the best!

I'll be contacting people this week, as I process through all these application forms.

Holy smokes :!:

Nicole

Hey Nik,

I'll be slavishly waiting at my email box. :green:

BTW, let me say at this time what a wonderful job you're doing organizing this, and other venues here at the good ship M&M. Without you, things would fall into chaos, spirining down int to ennui like a dog caught in a drain during flood season or, you know when you pour Drano down the sink and you hear that WHOOOSH when it hits the clog and dissolves it and your hair goes all straight from the suction and the water runs clear? Kinda like that.

Ahem...

Uh, keep up the good work.

-Smokestack Jones
Maker of the Sampo!
SmokestackJones
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby WilliamPall » Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:10 pm

I'm surprized there was a comment asking if we had to turn our souls over to GR for becoming minions . . .

Did we learn nothing from reading the Freedom City Book. I'm sure that They have Mr. Infamy working for them. They have no interest in our souls . . . what would they do with our souls. 8)
>>insert witty catchphrase here<<
WilliamPall
Dabbler
Dabbler

demo coolness

Postby Giddoen » Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:48 pm

Hi all, all I can say is man I can not wait! I just moved to Phoenix AZ and am signed up for the local con Hexacon to run a little M&M crunchy goodness! I wish I would have know about the demo team stuff sooner I just signed up a few days ago, When will we know the members?

Giddoen
I could be nice...but wheres the fun in that!
Giddoen
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Nikchick » Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:54 pm

I was just flooded with applications, and it's taken me a little while to go through them all. I'm charting out everyone's locations and interests before making assignments, because we don't want to cluster too many demoers together in one location, but I expect to be finished with that tomorrow.

I was going to work on it over the weekend, but I came down with strep throat or something like it and have been spending the weekend drinking tea, sucking lozenges, and napping instead. :(

I definitely need to get things sorted by this week, though, because I want to put some of you demo volunteers to work at the summer cons!

Thanks again for all the enthusiasm!

Nicole
Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby Sketchpad » Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:23 am

We can all wait a bit Nicole :) You just get better so we can pester ya later ;)
"Then what would he do? Be Bruce Wayne? He doesn't even like Bruce Wayne ..."
- Nightwing

Hellfyre Studios
Sketchpad
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Bard » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:46 am

Is there a doctor in the house?

...of medicine?

lol, worst thing to ask for in a superhero comic or RPG is a doctor. You get a robotics engineer, a mad physicist, and some magician who's never set foot within a hospital or university in his life.
Bard
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Giddoen » Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:10 pm

Nikchick wrote:I was just flooded with applications, and it's taken me a little while to go through them all. I'm charting out everyone's locations and interests before making assignments, because we don't want to cluster too many demoers together in one location, but I expect to be finished with that tomorrow.

I was going to work on it over the weekend, but I came down with strep throat or something like it and have been spending the weekend drinking tea, sucking lozenges, and napping instead. :(

I definitely need to get things sorted by this week, though, because I want to put some of you demo volunteers to work at the summer cons!

Nicole

Well if that is not the best escuse I have ever heard! LOL!! nah really Nic take care and get well soon we will pester you later.

Hexacon is late July, no pressure or anything like that :-)

JP
Giddoen
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby projectdaedalus » Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:17 pm

I'm a Minion! YEAH! :lol:

projectdaedalus
Groupie
Groupie

Postby palehorse » Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:21 pm

:cry:
Wish I could do this, but what with being a product reviewer and all I don't think it'd be appropriate. All of you who are accepted, make sure you tell the rest of us schmucks how cool it is! :)
Butch Curry
Staff Reviewer, GamingReport.com
palehorse
Aficionado
Aficionado

Postby SmokestackJones » Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:30 pm

Hey Nik,

Got the form, printed it out and filled it out. Soon as I get home, I'll scan it as a jpeg and email it back to you.

-SJ
SmokestackJones
Firebrand
Firebrand

Woo-Hoo!

Postby Bestopheles » Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:39 pm

I'm Minoin-ated. Which is much cooler then being Mar-inated.

Jason

Edit: I can't spell all of the words in two sentences correctly, even when I'm making the two biggest words up. Well, actually marinated is a real word, but it doesn't have a hyphen normally, so this feels new. ;)
Live in or near Arlington Heights, IL (Chicago NW Suburbs) and like to roleplay? Then click here: http://www.greenronin.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=59584#59584
Bestopheles
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Giddoen » Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:27 pm

Hey-yah-hooooo!
I am a minion!

And I got to talk to the Nicchick! I am a lucky man!

cool soon the games will begin!

Giddoen wrote:
Nikchick wrote:I was just flooded with applications, and it's taken me a little while to go through them all. I'm charting out everyone's locations and interests before making assignments, because we don't want to cluster too many demoers together in one location, but I expect to be finished with that tomorrow.

Nicole

Well if that is not the best escuse I have ever heard! LOL!! nah really Nic take care and get well soon we will pester you later.

Hexacon is late July, no pressure or anything like that :-)

JP
Giddoen
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

errr...oops

Postby Giddoen » Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:38 am

ah thats nikchick..ahem! sorry about that :green:
Giddoen
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Draamal » Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:24 am

Wish I could... Used to do it for a store in Rockford, IL... BUT, I have zero time. Not even any time to go to cons... I barely have time to game!
"All men die, the legends of some heroes live forever..."
Draamal
Devotee
Devotee

Postby Bard » Sat Jun 07, 2003 4:05 pm

Sent in via email thanks to not being able to hook my laptop to my printer (long story).
Bard
Groupie
Groupie

Minions

Postby mrobviousjosh » Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:19 pm

I faxed it thinking it would be faster and less of a bother on the great folks at G.R. but come to think of it, I may have to wait until Monday before they open their office to get my fax, lol. Oh well, mine's sent and waiting.
If you send someone to save the world, you better make sure they like it the way it is.
-Triple X-
mrobviousjosh
Super Poster
Super Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives