Errata questions - post em here

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Moderator: Super Moderators

Postby Dzarkhan » Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:06 pm

So why would you ever pay for multifire as an extra, when you can get rapid shot as a feat that does the same thing (one extra attack), and even less of a penalty?
Dzarkhan
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Valdier » Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:10 pm

Dzarkhan wrote:So why would you ever pay for multifire as an extra, when you can get rapid shot as a feat that does the same thing (one extra attack), and even less of a penalty?

Because you can have them both for more than two attacks :)
If you are looking for news, examples, tutorials, FAQ or something else, try visiting Valdier.com
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Dzarkhan » Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:48 pm

Does deflection work against stuff like stun, dazzle, paralyze, etc.? Those powers require a direct attack against you, so can you deflect it?
Dzarkhan
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Striker » Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:43 am

I would say yes. I don't see why Jubille's "fireworks" would be any harder to deflect than Cyc's optic beams.
Uprise, now fall in line. Roll with the pack or get left behind –P.O.D.
Striker
Sidekick
Sidekick

Revised Archetypes

Postby Bestopheles » Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:23 pm

Hey,

This is my first time posting...hi all!

Anyway, I was looking through the revised archetypes, and I noticed there still seems to be a few problems. There may be more then this, but for sure there are issues with the Martial Artist. His damage save doesn't reflect his feats (mainly evasion). Also, I think his Melee attack is low (unless his BAB is only 8, not sure why he wouldn't max it out but it's possible).

The MetaMorphs description still lists her as being able to turn "as big as an elephant, or bigger", but she doesn't have growth as an extra any more. Petty, but since the main use of the archetypes is to hand them to newbies as their characters, everything should be ultra clear.

Thanks,
Jason
Live in or near Arlington Heights, IL (Chicago NW Suburbs) and like to roleplay? Then click here: http://www.greenronin.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=59584#59584
Bestopheles
Dabbler
Dabbler

Lifting Error

Postby EricJ » Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:24 pm

I don't know if this has been noticed before, I tried searching the forum but didn't get usable results. :(

How is "Lift Over Head", "Lift off Ground", and "Push or Drag" actually calculated?

The character sheet says:

LOH = Max Load
LOG = 2 x Max Load
PoD = 5 x Max Load

However page 104 says:

LOH = Heavy Load
LOG = Max Load
PoD = 5 x Heavy Load

Which is correct? The book seems to be the most reasonable.

Eric J
EricJ
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Green Lantern » Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:55 pm

In D&D, it's as stated on the Character sheet. Obviously, this isn't D&D, but it is d20, and therefore, it is a safe assumption that it'd be the same.
Beware My Power...
Green Lantern
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Superkid » Wed Apr 30, 2003 7:50 am

This is something I noticed as well.

The "Max Load" on the character sheet was taken directly from the D&D character sheet--but it is NOT the "Max Load" listed in the carrying capacity section.

The "Max Load" in the CC section is 2x the largest Heavy load, so it's actually the "Lift Off Ground" value on the character sheet.
Superkid
Bystander
Bystander

Postby JonathanC » Sun May 04, 2003 12:25 am

The Fifth Wanderer wrote:
Mucknuggle wrote:First, for Force Field, it says to add
"Choose one of the follwing extras as a free power enhancement."

Force Field AND AN EXTRA FOR 1 PP?!

Or am I reading it wrong?

Let's look under the mask for a moment:

Force Field is a defense effect power.

Defense effect powers normally don't need an action to use and a duration of continuous. (p. 93)

Force Field needs a free action to use and has a duration of sustained.

So, doing the math...

1 +1(defense effect) -1 (slow, taking it from no action to free action) -1 (duration, goes to sustained from continuous) = 0 PP/level.

Whee! We can all have Force Field at our PL for free.

But all powers have to cost a minimum of 1 pp/level. So they threw in the free extra to make it come out right.

This may be true, but as someone was pointing out to me, you can get the benefit of a force field AND an energy blast for the same price you'd pay for just an energy blast. At first we thought it might be because you couldn't use both at the same time, but neither of us could find a rule that states any such limitation on extras (or even power stunts).
JonathanC
Bystander
Bystander

Postby faenril » Mon May 05, 2003 10:35 am

after reading the errata topic it appears that Force Field cost 2 PP/R and give one extra free, so if I want to add the Offensive Extra it cost me 2PP/R.

But.... if I read the Damage field power and I add the Protection Extra (can be a Force Field if you think about it) it cost me 3PP/R more expensive for the same effect

Where is the error ?

About Boost: when you choos boost for an ability, does it boosts ability bonus or just abilities

About Drain and Transfer: Drain affec Ability and Transfer affect Ability bonus, why the difference ?

How element control works ? I have element control water and i want to use Snare, energy blast and protection, do I have to take the stunt create water ? can I only use a body of water nearby or can I generate water for these effects ?
Never Give-Up, never Surrender !
faenril
Devotee
Devotee

Postby scottmage » Fri May 09, 2003 9:59 pm

So you are building a character along a theme, Mystic is easy, they just take Sorcery. If I want to build a Telepath or someone that has built up Super-Attributes, can I pick which power is first, if so what is to prevent me as a player from picking the lowest PP cost power to start with?

Say I want to build a Telepath that has the classic set of powers: Telepathy, Illusion, Memory Alteration, Mind Shield, Mind Control - Mind Blank, Possession, Mind Warp (reshaping the way someone thinks), Sense Psionic Activity and Astral Projection can do it all at a range beyond sight (which is another question I have. Would you then use the ESP Level range table?). Can you have an Extra on an Extra?

Telepath - Telepathy +12 [Extra: Astral Projection, Illusion, Mental Protection, Mind Control, Mind Blank, Area Effect, Possession, Transformation - Mental, Super-Skill (Sense Motive), Super-Wisdom, Flaw: Limited - Mind Transfer, Cost: 12pp, Total:144] Skill Focus (Sense Motive), Talented (Sense Motive), Psychic Awareness, Skill - Sense Motive +15, Wisdom 20, Intelligence 15.

This would put the total at 180pp.

What do you think...does it work that way?

Can you have an Extra on an Extra?

Can you really have a Flaw on an Extra which Zeros out the cost of the Extra?
scottmage
Bystander
Bystander

Postby MasonsDad » Fri May 09, 2003 10:33 pm

If I want to build a Telepath or someone that has built up Super-Attributes, can I pick which power is first, if so what is to prevent me as a player from picking the lowest PP cost power to start with?

I'm not sure I get the question here.

If you take Super-Str (4pp) with the Super-Cha Extra (1pp) it would cost the same as taking Super-Cha(2pp) with the Super-Str Extra(3pp).

4 + 1 = 5
2 + 3 = 5

Maybe I just read your question wrong. :-?
"Stiny, get me a danish!"
MasonsDad
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Demon Jack » Fri May 09, 2003 11:29 pm

What if you were to add Super-Str to a power like Immovability or Combat Sense where the cost is only 1 point.

1+3=4 vs 4+1=5

Is this a legitimate use of adding an extra or is it manipulation?
Demon Jack
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby MasonsDad » Fri May 09, 2003 11:34 pm

I guess it would be legitimate, but it wouldn't make a lot of sense. Add and 1pp/Rank power as an extra really just gives you the down side of extras...one Drain wipes 'em out. Style wise it would make sense I suppose, but that's the only way.
"Stiny, get me a danish!"
MasonsDad
Henchman
Henchman

Disruption-Errata?

Postby Bladesman » Wed May 14, 2003 6:22 am

The Disruption extra for Disintegration is essentially an Energy Blast with a different name. Disintegration and Energy Blast (and Disruption) are all attack effects, so why is Disruption an extra instead of being a stunt?
Bladesman
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby voordax » Wed May 14, 2003 1:54 pm

Demon Jack wrote:What if you were to add Super-Str to a power like Immovability or Combat Sense where the cost is only 1 point.

1+3=4 vs 4+1=5

Is this a legitimate use of adding an extra or is it manipulation?
I am under the impression that the most expensive power must always be the base power, so the extras invariably have to be added to Super STR.
~V~
*~*ever notice how common sense really isn't that common?*~*
voordax
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Re: Disruption-Errata?

Postby voordax » Wed May 14, 2003 2:01 pm

Bladesman wrote:The Disruption extra for Disintegration is essentially an Energy Blast with a different name. Disintegration and Energy Blast (and Disruption) are all attack effects, so why is Disruption an extra instead of being a stunt?
IMO there's no reason it can't be taken as a stunt. As you point out, they're both of the same effect type. The option here is the classic extra vs stunt choice. Do you want to be able to use both at the same time (i.e. - my lightning bolts slag stuff that I hit with it at the same time they do damage (which can be very effective against individuals with devices)) or do you have to pick which power you're using, one does EB damage, the other breaks down non-living objects.
~V~
voordax
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Postby Lord Ichor » Fri May 16, 2003 11:01 pm

This is a Freedom City Question: Lantern Jack has Incorporeal but I couldn’t find out what his specific weakness was (ie under incorporeal you have to take a weakness to some type of effect to which Incorporeal does not apply). Could some one point me in the right direction?
Lord Ichor,
Lord Ichor
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Strand0 » Sat May 17, 2003 12:25 am

Lord Ichor wrote:This is a Freedom City Question: Lantern Jack has Incorporeal but I couldn’t find out what his specific weakness was (ie under incorporeal you have to take a weakness to some type of effect to which Incorporeal does not apply). Could some one point me in the right direction?
It is probably, Magic.
Strand0
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby Psychotic Dreamer » Sat May 17, 2003 12:26 pm

Something I noticed on Page 117 the some of the Sample Vehicles (Train, Passenger Jet , Frigate and Space Cruiser) all have a size of Gigantic, but on page 114 the Size Modifier Chart has a size of Gargantuan listed. Obviously it's not a huge issue, but just thought I would point that out. I didn't see that listed in the Errata at all. Just thought I would point that out.
Mike Bentley
bentleyml@taconic.net
AIM: bentleyml
Psychotic Dreamer
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby voordax » Mon May 19, 2003 12:40 pm

Psychotic Dreamer wrote:Something I noticed on Page 117 the some of the Sample Vehicles (Train, Passenger Jet , Frigate and Space Cruiser) all have a size of Gigantic, but on page 114 the Size Modifier Chart has a size of Gargantuan listed. Obviously it's not a huge issue, but just thought I would point that out. I didn't see that listed in the Errata at all. Just thought I would point that out.
Speaking of the size chart, one thing that is missing from these charts is the good old comparative weight to object chart that was in Champions. So you know what you can toss around with your super strength, telekinesis, etc. You know the list, the one with everything from the approximate weight of a softball, motorcycle, sedan up to a tank, 100' fishing vessel and an aircraft carrier. It would be really nice to have this at your fingertips.
~V~
voordax
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Postby Demon Jack » Mon May 19, 2003 10:59 pm

Does anyone know why Super Speed has the action:Half and duration:Sustained?

All other Super abilities (STR,DEX,WIS, etc) have the action:None and duration:Continuous.

It does't seem to fit the nature of speed to have taken slow and duration flaws and how do you use dodge and reflex as a half action.
Demon Jack
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Bladesman » Tue May 20, 2003 4:12 am

Demon Jack wrote:Does anyone know why Super Speed has the action:Half and duration:Sustained?

All other Super abilities (STR,DEX,WIS, etc) have the action:None and duration:Continuous.

It does't seem to fit the nature of speed to have taken slow and duration flaws and how do you use dodge and reflex as a half action.

My guess would be because it's a combination of super abilities and a movement power and they don't want the movement power to appear to take no action to use. I'd say that the boosts to Initiative, Dodge and Reflex would all be action:None and duration:Continuous because the Initiative bonus wouldn't be much good if it had to be sustained.
Bladesman
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Demon Jack » Tue May 20, 2003 10:47 am

Thanks- That makes better sense.
Demon Jack
Dabbler
Dabbler

?

Postby Ogrelord » Tue May 27, 2003 12:11 pm

If I want to buy a power that has secondary effects, and I want different extras and flaws for each secondary effect, how do I go about it?

Here's an example of an instance where this question will frequently arise:
http://www.greenronin.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3929
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its content"- Howard Philips Lovecraft, "The Call of Cthulu"
Ogrelord
Bystander
Bystander

PreviousNext

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives