What is Green Ronin's policy on Corrected 2nd Printings?

Have a suggestion for Green Ronin? Post it here.

Moderator: Super Moderators

What is Green Ronin's policy on Corrected 2nd Printings?

Postby herowithoutacause » Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:02 pm

I'm new to the products put out by Green Ronin, and wondering what the company's policy is on putting out corrected 2nd printings of products that are popular enough to get re-printed. Some RPG companies are very good about cleaning up errors in later releases, and some never make corrections (or make errata available, for that matter). I know there are some costs involved in making those changes between printings, but I think it is also a big sign of how much the company cares about supporting the game lines involved. Just wondering where you stand...?
herowithoutacause
Bystander
Bystander

Re: What is Green Ronin's policy on Corrected 2nd Printings?

Postby Pramas » Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:37 pm

herowithoutacause wrote:I'm new to the products put out by Green Ronin, and wondering what the company's policy is on putting out corrected 2nd printings of products that are popular enough to get re-printed. Some RPG companies are very good about cleaning up errors in later releases, and some never make corrections (or make errata available, for that matter). I know there are some costs involved in making those changes between printings, but I think it is also a big sign of how much the company cares about supporting the game lines involved. Just wondering where you stand...?

We always try to make things better and that goes for reprints as well. When we reprint, we definitely try to fix any errors that crept into the original and we also take the opportunity to improve the look and feel. The Character Folios are the best example. You can see the improvements over the three print runs we've done so far.
Chris Pramas
Green Ronin Publishing
Pramas
Ronin Chris
Ronin Chris

Postby herowithoutacause » Fri Oct 25, 2002 9:11 pm

Thanks for the reply Chris, it's nice to know that quality control is a priority for Green Ronin. I don't know about other gamers, but for myself, the decision to pick-up a new game line is a long term decision. I tend to be picky about the game lines I spend my cash on, but once I start following one, I'm there for the long haul. It's good to know that you'll be there standing behind your books, putting out the best product possible.

Oh, and for the record, the line I'm excited about is Mutants and Masterminds...
herowithoutacause
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Michael Heacock » Sat Oct 26, 2002 9:45 pm

Other than the Character Folio, have there been any 2nd Printings that have corrections over the 1st printing?

If there haven't been any 2nd printings, are there plans for any? Will Green Ronin mark such re-printings as such (noting "2nd Printing" on the copyright page?)
M.
Michael Heacock
Groupie
Groupie

Return to Suggestion Box