Updated M&M Character Sheet!

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Moderator: Super Moderators

Postby LepreJuan » Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:16 am

Wolvie -

I was working on a shrinker and needed an equivalent amount of density increase to balance out the weight. In the errata, the price of DI was increased to 6. I left extra points free to pay and typed a note into the notes box to remind myself, but it'd sure be nice if that cost was adjusted to 6...

Thanks again for the excellent work!
LepreJuan
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Draamal » Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:19 am

And don't forget the 'free' extra that you get with Force Field now...
"All men die, the legends of some heroes live forever..."
Draamal
Devotee
Devotee

Postby tetsujin28 » Mon Apr 14, 2003 1:27 pm

Synergy bonuses don't seem to work.
tetsujin28
Devotee
Devotee

Villian Sheet?

Postby gobbo » Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:42 am

Can we get a Villian Version of the sheet, with out Hero Points and maybe a "MOOK" Sheet with just combat stats to do mooks on?

Also, a place to put XP that will up date the PL as you go? Just suggestions. Keep up the great work Wolvie!
"Dice, grant us your friendship; have pity on us. Do not bewitch us with the force of your terrible sorcery. Lay to rest your anger, your hatred. Let someone else fall into the trap of the dice." -- Gamer's Lament
gobbo
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Green Lantern » Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:34 pm

Wow, this sheet is a godsend, Wolvie. A couple things I noticed:

1. You can only pick one skill with the Talented feat. I can see that fixing that could be more than a bit of a headache...

2. Weaknesses that affect skills don't modify the skills they affect.

3. A good thing about Weaknesses is that the descriptor allows for 2 lines of text before it starts shrinking. That'd be great for the Special Effects and Power Stunt/Extra/Flaw descriptor spots on the Powers sheet.

4. I'm at a loss to understand why, but when you print the sheet out, the Names for the Skills 'Hide', 'Move Silently', 'Open Lock', 'Sense Motive', and 'Swim' don't show up. It's blank where the name should be, though the modifer and key ability columns are there.

Keep up the good work, I've never seen an Excel sheet for any game done this well.
Green Lantern
Dabbler
Dabbler

Print Problem

Postby Ronin84 » Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:13 am

First of all WOW this is great!

I have not been a big fan of excel charcter sheets but this plain ROCKS!!

I do have a small problem, at home where I have 2002 version of the program the bottom portion does not print. Fields 98-102 don't print on the first sheet they print on the second. At work I dl the program and it does print.

Any helpful hints?

thanks

Ronin84
Ronin84
Dabbler
Dabbler

Re: Print Problem

Postby Zenon » Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:51 am

Ronin84 wrote:Any helpful hints?

My Excel 2002 did the same thing at home. IIRC, it had something to do with the scaling. Going by memory, I think I adjusted the size when printing down to 95% and it came out on one sheet.

Depending on your printer, you'll find the scaling under the Print Properties button on the Print Dialog box.
Zenon
Dabbler
Dabbler

Excel Help.

Postby gobbo » Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:14 am

Open the sheet in Page Break View. This will allow you to modify where it sees the page break. I had to do this for XP version of excel.
"Dice, grant us your friendship; have pity on us. Do not bewitch us with the force of your terrible sorcery. Lay to rest your anger, your hatred. Let someone else fall into the trap of the dice." -- Gamer's Lament
gobbo
Cohort
Cohort

Thanks!

Postby Ronin84 » Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:12 am

The page break got it thanks!!

For note when I printed the skill sheet out, everything printed.

Ronin84
Ronin84
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby BeZurKur » Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:28 am

Green Lantern wrote:Wow, this sheet is a godsend, Wolvie. A couple things I noticed:

1. You can only pick one skill with the Talented feat. I can see that fixing that could be more than a bit of a headache...

<snip>

4. I'm at a loss to understand why, but when you print the sheet out, the Names for the Skills 'Hide', 'Move Silently', 'Open Lock', 'Sense Motive', and 'Swim' don't show up. It's blank where the name should be, though the modifer and key ability columns are there.

For #1, manually type in the second skill in the same field. Separtate it with a comma from the first. That will work.

As for #4, I have the same problem. I have Excel 2000 and have it scale automatically to fit on one page. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
BeZurKur
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby arcady » Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:48 am

In there interests of avoiding too many sticky threads:

simpson wrote:Hi,

I've been working on an Excel character builder for MnM for a while. It's in pretty good shape now, so I figured I'd share it with you all...

http://www.elyzium.net

You can check out sample characters to see what the final result looks like.

If there's anything that's grossly wrong, missing, or messed up, please let me know.

Enjoy... :D
arcady
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Traycor » Thu May 01, 2003 8:28 pm

When I downloaded your character generator, it stated that it couldn't find a formula. The skills wont compute now and there is no way to select a skill point buy ratio. Any ideas?
Traycor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby simpson » Thu May 01, 2003 10:45 pm

Um. Not offhand. Try downloading it and running it again. The file may have been corrupted.

Also, what version of excel are you using? I've only tried it with 2000 and above, so I can't guarantee that it will work with previous versions.

Strange. Also, try unprotecting the sheet to see if that has anything to do with it. Tool -> Unprotect sheet or something.

weird.
simpson
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Traycor » Fri May 02, 2003 3:41 pm

Please forgive my stupidity. I bought a new computer a couple of months back and I didn't realize that I didn't have Excel until just now. I'm using some stupid Spreadsheet called Quatpro. :oops:
Traycor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby dr jekyll » Tue May 06, 2003 12:19 am

arcady wrote:In there interests of avoiding too many sticky threads:

simpson wrote:Hi,

I've been working on an Excel character builder for MnM for a while. It's in pretty good shape now, so I figured I'd share it with you all...

You can check out sample characters to see what the final result looks like.

If there's anything that's grossly wrong, missing, or messed up, please let me know.

Enjoy... :D

I just want to say that this builder rocks. This sheet does almost everything that I would want in a smart sheet. Well done.

For those of us who don't have or can't afford MS Excel, there's a free Office-compatible suite, called Office602, check 'em out at

http://www.software602.com/

The programs are mostly compatible with their Microsoft counterparts, much more so than I've found OpenOffice to be.

feeling poor,

dr jekyll
dr jekyll
Bystander
Bystander

Postby faenril » Mon May 12, 2003 11:59 am

small error I note

On the simpson sheet, demolition skill is considered untrained.

hoe that helps.
Never Give-Up, never Surrender !
faenril
Devotee
Devotee

Postby simpson » Mon May 12, 2003 5:12 pm

Hi folks,

I've made a few minor updates to the sheet. Fixed the "trained only" skills for Demolition and Disable Device. Sorry about that.

Also, fixed the page 2 Question section. Now that should work properly.

Sorry I don't have time to do more right now. Been overwhelmed of late. I will keep up with issues as they come up. Thanks to all for letting me know where they're finding problems.

simpson
Bystander
Bystander

Postby arcady » Thu May 15, 2003 12:41 am

A player just sent me his sheet and said that the personality info is still not showing up.
arcady
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby simpson » Thu May 15, 2003 7:43 am

fixed. sorry bout that.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res1kgm8/
simpson
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Squire » Thu May 15, 2003 12:36 pm

Mister Simpson:

First off: fantastic character sheet! I love it, my family loves it, a random sampling of people off the street love it... it's great!

Second: it looks like the weights under the "Lift" section of the character sheet are off. The Overhead weight should equal the heavy load, Off Ground should equal the maximum load, and Push/Drag equals 5x heavy load.

Otherwise, a beautiful creation! Thank you!!
Squire
Cohort
Cohort

Lift Limits

Postby Blockbuster » Thu May 22, 2003 12:45 pm

I believe the lift limits on the sheet are correct, and the limits in the rulebook are in error...Per d20 rules, lift overhead is equal to max limit.
Blockbuster
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Lift Limits

Postby Valdier » Thu May 22, 2003 1:13 pm

Blockbuster wrote:I believe the lift limits on the sheet are correct, and the limits in the rulebook are in error...Per d20 rules, lift overhead is equal to max limit.

Problem is, this isn't a d20 game... it is very likely that they changed it to work this way intentionally.
If you are looking for news, examples, tutorials, FAQ or something else, try visiting Valdier.com
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Blockbuster » Thu May 22, 2003 11:42 pm

I realize that this game is only based on the d20 system, but many, many rules follow traditional d20 rules, and the character sheet is consistent with those rules (in this instance). The question is, which is right? Certainly the book is not error free, so I believe we need official word to settle the issue.
Blockbuster
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Valdier » Fri May 23, 2003 12:15 am

Blockbuster wrote:I realize that this game is only based on the d20 system, but many, many rules follow traditional d20 rules, and the character sheet is consistent with those rules (in this instance). The question is, which is right? Certainly the book is not error free, so I believe we need official word to settle the issue.

Good question in this case also :)
If you are looking for news, examples, tutorials, FAQ or something else, try visiting Valdier.com
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby faenril » Wed May 28, 2003 9:40 am

Ride Specialty

The skill Ride indicates that you have a a mount which you are familiar and you have -2 with other mounts, I know it is not a critical issue but the sheet did not display a specialty line for the Ride Skill.
Never Give-Up, never Surrender !
faenril
Devotee
Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives