Updated M&M Character Sheet!

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Postby RogueWriter » Fri Mar 14, 2003 8:19 am

gobbo wrote:
RogueWriter wrote:Ummm, I really resent the implication that I asked for the password to steal the d*mn thing.

Some of the fonts used in the sheet look like sh*t when viewed in, or printed from, Excel v.X

I, like some others, asked for the password. Wolvie said no. That's cool. It's his creation, his decision. Calling people thieves is a bit out of line, especially when it isn't yours to start with.

First off, there was no implication in what was stated. If you took it that way I am soory, not intent was meant. I was just restating an opinion that others have stated on this very post sometime ago. Again, if you were offended, I appoligize and will remain quiet reguarding my opinions on any topic on the forum from now on.

Gobbo, just for future reference, I don't respond well to the word steal. I got angry, and I flamed you pretty hard, and didn't really have to. I don't remember anyone posting a similarly worded sentiment from earlier. That aside, I want to say thanks for the apology. And, offer my own for being a bit harsh in my retort. I let my anger get the best of me.

Back in college, my roommate and I had a PC in our dorm room. I would use it to work on my stories. I was looking at a literary review that had been published by the English dept, and one of my short stories was in it. Not with my name on it, either. The name was of a guy who lived a few doors down from us. I wasn't an English major then. In fact, if I hadn't been leafing through it for a poem that my then-girlfriend wrote, I wouldn't have noticed it. I asked my roommate if this guy had used the computer, he said that he thought so, but that it had been a while.

Well, I was madder than h*ll. I was ready to go down, and bust his door in, and beat the sh*t out of him. My roommate calmed me down, and I came up with a better way of dealing with it. I took my story notes, and an earlier copy of the story, and I went to the head of the English department. Suffice to say, the person in question was dismissed from the University.

So forgive me when I don't take the word steal well. Especially as it pertains to intellectual property.
"Once a Green Lantern....Always a Green Lantern."

RogueWriter
RogueWriter
Booster
Booster

Postby Wolverine-X » Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:08 pm

Hey Guys,

I just resent the file to Valdier. Hopefully, it will make it this time. Sorry for being silent on the posts/responses this week...I just spent the entire week in Florida on business.

Valdeir...let me know if you get it this time. :)
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Valdier » Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:36 pm

Hey Wolvie, got your email, thanks :)

4.5 is up and should now available in the downloads section.
If you are looking for news, examples, tutorials, FAQ or something else, try visiting Valdier.com
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby The Fifth Wanderer » Fri Mar 14, 2003 8:03 pm

Wolverine-X:

I'd like to make a request for the next revision. Could you put in the 2:1 skill option? That's the one I use.
Rules of Combat #15: Teamwork is essential. It gives them someone else to shoot at.
The Fifth Wanderer
Aficionado
Aficionado

THANKS

Postby Beowulfx » Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:25 pm

Hey Wolvie and Valdier,
I just wanted to say thaks for the new generator. I appreciate all your hard work and webspace..

BEO
Beowulfx

Postby The Architect » Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:21 am

I think I've located an error in Wolverine-X's 4.4 sheet and I don't know if it's been adressed in 4.5

If a character with Super-Dexterity also has Attack Finesse, the sheet adds the Super-Dexterity ranks to the character's melee attack bonus. IIRC correctly Super-Attributes aren't supposed to add to the melee or ranged attack bonuses (forgive me if I'm wrong, I haven't yet committed the rules to memory).
Building a better world, one genegineered mutant moster at a time.
The Architect
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Wolverine-X » Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:18 pm

The Fifth Wanderer wrote:Wolverine-X:

I'd like to make a request for the next revision. Could you put in the 2:1 skill option? That's the one I use.

Can do!
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Wolverine-X » Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:20 pm

The Architect wrote:I think I've located an error in Wolverine-X's 4.4 sheet and I don't know if it's been adressed in 4.5

If a character with Super-Dexterity also has Attack Finesse, the sheet adds the Super-Dexterity ranks to the character's melee attack bonus. IIRC correctly Super-Attributes aren't supposed to add to the melee or ranged attack bonuses (forgive me if I'm wrong, I haven't yet committed the rules to memory).

I'll check the Rule Book and FAQs...if its wrong, meaning it shouldn't be figured in with Attack Finesse I'll change it.

If anyone has a definitive answer to this question please post.

Thanks!
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Albert Deschesne » Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:36 pm

Wolverine-X wrote:
The Architect wrote:I think I've located an error in Wolverine-X's 4.4 sheet and I don't know if it's been adressed in 4.5

I'll check the Rule Book and FAQs...if its wrong, meaning it shouldn't be figured in with Attack Finesse I'll change it.

Thanks!

It's true, otherwise you couldn't play a brick without completely unbalancing the game... PL10 Super Strength would add another +10 to hit in melee, meaning I could punch Marathon with Protonik easily.
Albert Deschesne
Cohort
Cohort

Postby SmokestackJones » Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:49 pm

Hey Wolvie,

Was thinkin' on the XP tracker while in hospital and I think it goes something like this:

Add 2 cells somewhere on the form. One is "XP Earned", which is just a textbox. The other is "XP Spent", which has a formula that figures in with the Power Points total on the first page, kinda like:

Power Points = Abilities + Attack + Defense + Feats + Skills + Powers - Weaknesses - XP Spent.

...or something like that. Whaddya think?

-Smokestack Jones
Maker of the Sampo!
SmokestackJones
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby The Architect » Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:39 pm

Wolverine-X wrote:

Thanks!

I do know that you don't have Super Dexterity adding to ranged combat bonus nor does Super Strength add to the melee combat bonus, it's just that when a character has Super Dexterity and Attack Finese the whole Dexterity modifier (with the + from Super Dexterity) is added to the melee combat bonus.
Building a better world, one genegineered mutant moster at a time.
The Architect
Bystander
Bystander

Postby The Fifth Wanderer » Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:47 pm

Also, can you check on the Super-Stat/Skill stacking thing? I'm pretty sure this is subject to the stacking limit, and it shouldn't be too hard to fix.
Rules of Combat #15: Teamwork is essential. It gives them someone else to shoot at.
The Fifth Wanderer
Aficionado
Aficionado

Postby Blackhawk » Mon Mar 17, 2003 6:13 am

Wolverine-X wrote:I'll check the Rule Book and FAQs...if its wrong, meaning it shouldn't be figured in with Attack Finesse I'll change it.

I'd say this fits the bill as definitive. :wink:

Steve Kenson wrote:Super-Dexterity does not work in conjuntion with the Attack Finesse feat. super-attributes, both Super-Strength and Super-Dexterity, do not add to attack bonus.
Blackhawk

"Me? I blame the pudding pops."
Blackhawk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby Paladin » Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:27 am

Hey Wolvye, could you add the Immunity Feat to the Extras?

I'm having a hard time adding them...

Thanks!
Paladin
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby Wolverine-X » Mon Mar 17, 2003 6:05 pm

Blackhawk wrote:
Wolverine-X wrote:I'll check the Rule Book and FAQs...if its wrong, meaning it shouldn't be figured in with Attack Finesse I'll change it.

I'd say this fits the bill as definitive. :wink:

Steve Kenson wrote:Super-Dexterity does not work in conjuntion with the Attack Finesse feat. super-attributes, both Super-Strength and Super-Dexterity, do not add to attack bonus.

Sounds pretty definitive! :)
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Chicken Lips » Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:34 pm

Hey Wolverine,

I found the attack finese problem also. I started another thread and it turns out that super dex does not add to the dex modifier and therfore cannot contribute to attack finese. Your sheet does add it. Look at the thread (Please Help, Going Crazy, auugghhhh). Steve answered the question so it Must be true :wink:
Just remember...No matter how much you sweat, DON'T let go of the handle bars......
Chicken Lips
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Sketchpad » Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:33 am

I've been having problems openning the file ... it keeps saying something about it being locked and then denies openning it. Any one have any idea of how to get around this?
"Then what would he do? Be Bruce Wayne? He doesn't even like Bruce Wayne ..."
- Nightwing

Hellfyre Studios
Sketchpad
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Mr. Johnson » Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:52 pm

I have a printer problem....

I have WinME, and an HP laserjet, plus Excel. When I go to print the skills list is completely blank (no names) but has the calculations for rank and relevant attribute. Plus the Feats that have been chosen are blank but the cost is still there and factored in correctly.

any help appreciated :green:
"Hoi chummer, come on, it's just a simple milk run!"
"First nothing is simple, second I'm Lactose intolerant!"
!BANG!
Mr. Johnson
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Moonshires » Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:02 am

Hey Wolvie, is there any way for you to add a toggle to the Attribute Block? In the campaign my GM runs, we have an optional house rule for actually rolling up our stats instead of buying them. The good side is, USUALLY higher stats to start with. The down side is, we can't use our power points to directly increase the stats. Or, we can use the original method.

Anyways, is it possible to get a toggle to turn off the power point calculator when inputting attribute stats? Please?

Thanks for an AWESOME sheet!
"Shh! Afterglow. Let me enjoy this calmness before I kick your butt."
Moonshires
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Strand0 » Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:29 am

Mr. Wolverine-x,
"Extra for free?" I've been reading all over to find a consensus. How did you program it?
:|
It is said that 'he who makes the best egg-salad shall rule over heaven and Earth'. ... Don't ask me why egg-salad, I have enough agravation.
Strand0
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby Wolverine-X » Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:24 pm

Strand0 wrote:Mr. Wolverine-x,
"Extra for free?" I've been reading all over to find a consensus. How did you program it?
:|

Strand0,

Not sure I understand your question?
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Christopher Tatro » Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:53 am

Now that I've upgraded to Office2000 and the spreadsheet is working, I must say I love this thing more than is healthy or publicly appropriate!! It makes juggling points to get a character just right around easy as pie. As a GM, I find it immensely valuable for making up all my NPCs.

That said, I of course have 2 requests/suggestions for the next revision:
1) Size defaults to Miniscule, and if I forget to reset that, it throws off the Defense Bonus. Any chance of defaulting that to Medium?

2) Could a sheet be added that reported a block stat write-up of what was on the other sheets? I have no idea how complicated that would make things, but for my semi-disposable NPCs I like printing out block stats rather than 3-4 sheets, and I am collossaly lazy.

Thanks,

Chris
Christopher Tatro
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Snackpants » Mon Mar 24, 2003 10:16 pm

This character calculator is great... but I noticed that when creating a sorcerer, it seems that you cant put your 7 'quick draw' spells, in at their power level... I used a work around by not putting a rank level, but I was wondering if this is just something that Sorcery suffers from with this tool. :)
Snackpants
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Wolverine-X » Tue Mar 25, 2003 5:48 pm

There are a few suggestions that I am planning to implement...based on posts and other feedback. My work schedule has kept me pretty busy...but I am keeping track of most of the changes that have been suggested and will be making updates/revisions to the spreadsheet and will send out an update soon.

:D
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Snackpants » Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:20 am

Wolvie, thats great to hear. This is a great tool, and I have forwarded a copy to my GM, made life alot easier.
Snackpants
Bystander
Bystander

PreviousNext

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives