Updated M&M Character Sheet!

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Moderator: Super Moderators

Postby Wolverine-X » Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:57 am

Sketchpad...if you need to get it from someone else that has it that is not a problem.

Infidel...I'll send you a copy.
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Albert Deschesne » Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:59 am

Wolverine-X wrote:Sketchpad...if you need to get it from someone else that has it that is not a problem.

I'll post it to the MnM list as soon as I get the next version!
Albert Deschesne
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Draamal » Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:09 am

Okay, I give, send me a copy at draamal@yahoo.com
"All men die, the legends of some heroes live forever..."
Draamal
Devotee
Devotee

Postby Storn » Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:01 pm

Put me down for "love to have a copy too" column.

My e-mail is StornC@aol.com
Storn A. Cook
Visual Storytelling
http://www.stornc.rpggallery.com/
Storn
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Sketchpad » Mon Jan 20, 2003 2:53 pm

Albert Deschesne wrote:
Wolverine-X wrote:Sketchpad...if you need to get it from someone else that has it that is not a problem.

I'll post it to the MnM list as soon as I get the next version!

Thanks Albert :)
"Then what would he do? Be Bruce Wayne? He doesn't even like Bruce Wayne ..."
- Nightwing

Hellfyre Studios
Sketchpad
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Wolverine-X » Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:27 pm

I've just sent out version 4.3 of the M&M Character Generator. It fixes several minor issues and adds a couple features that were requested.

As usual if you have any feedback/comments let me know.

Enjoy! :green:
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Can I...

Postby MacBean » Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:34 pm

...get a copy of that?

macbean101@yahoo.com
MacBean
Bystander
Bystander

Postby CFP » Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:44 pm

A suggestion: It might be interesting to have a 'toggle' for the 3:1 skill house rule that a lot of people seem to use.
CFP
CFP
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Wolverine-X » Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:32 pm

CFP,

Someone has already suggested that...I'll see. Thanks! :)
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Balderscab » Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:33 pm

MnM is my first 3rd edition based roleplaying game. Could you also send me a copy of the spreadsheet? Thanks.

balderscab@msn.com
Balderscab
Bystander
Bystander

Postby arcady » Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:40 pm

Whatever we're all asking for, sign me up too. :P

Might be worth it to just post the thing to http://www.rpgsheets.com .

I downloaded the one posted as a zip file in this thread earlier, and have noticed a few problems:

1: Defense should not add 2*base to the total, but (base-10)*2 to reflect that the base is 10 by default and for free.
2: There's no way to enter the cost of a Power Stunt.
arcady
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Wolverine-X » Tue Jan 21, 2003 3:35 am

A couple people have asked a few questions about the character generator...so I will send out (later tonight) a sample (or two) to those that asked how to create a certain character.
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Valdier » Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:38 am

As mentioned before, if you want to send it to me, I can host it over on my site also, just let me know and if you have a version you are happy with :)
If you are looking for news, examples, tutorials, FAQ or something else, try visiting Valdier.com
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby wulf » Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:51 am

Wolverine-X wrote:A couple people have asked a few questions about the character generator...so I will send out (later tonight) a sample (or two) to those that asked how to create a certain character.

Now, not at all meaning to be a nuisance (who, me?), but... if you were (just by chance...) to send me a file with a power already linked to another as an extra, I'd see if it worked...

Of course, I'm writing this from work, and haven't seen the latest version, if you've sent me a copy.

Wulf
wulf
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Squire » Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:32 am

Is it too late to ask for a copy as well?? Pleeeeaassseeee???? :D

Code: Select all
chrlewis@cfl.rr.com

Thanks!!
Squire
Cohort
Cohort

Char Gen please!

Postby Giddoen » Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:43 pm

hey if there is a character gen can soemone send it to me!!!!!!!!! plahlease! :green:

thanks

Giddoen
I could be nice...but wheres the fun in that!
Giddoen
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby infidel » Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:14 pm

Whoa, dude.

Thanks for sending me a copy of the character generator, but I just realized that much of this thing was pulled straight out of the template that I designed and posted here.

That, in itself, is OK. You've definitely improved it in certain ways, and I'm all for that.

But a little credit would be appropriate.
The Gifted are watching you.
infidel
Henchman
Henchman

Postby jonson » Tue Jan 21, 2003 3:25 pm

I would like to add my email address to the "I would like a copy"...

denmourna@aol.com
jonson
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Wolverine-X » Tue Jan 21, 2003 6:52 pm

infidel wrote:Whoa, dude.

Thanks for sending me a copy of the character generator, but I just realized that much of this thing was pulled straight out of the template that I designed and posted here.

That, in itself, is OK. You've definitely improved it in certain ways, and I'm all for that.

But a little credit would be appropriate.

Infidel, yes I used part of your sheet design/template for this character generator...it looked just like the one in the book, so I used it as a template. But none of the programming is yours...I COMPLETELY redesigned this sheet based upon a sheet that I previously built. You will notice that I COMPLETELY redesigned the Powers and Devices layout from what you had because it was based upon my previous sheet. You will also notice that this sheet calculates almost everything from POWERS, SKILLS, FEATS, SUPER-FEATS and all of the appropriate bonues...which your sheet did not. This was no minor miracle...it was a crap load of work!

So thanks for the template, but don't assume that I am taking credit for something that I didn't build. I've spent DAYS (most of my vacation) working on this sheet...so trust me when I say this is nothing like the sheet you designed.
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Wolverine-X » Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:02 pm

Infidel,

No disrespect meant in my previous post...I just don't want there to be any doubt that yes this sheet in some cases borrows from the layout of your sheet, but it is not the same.

I've spent more time working with IF functions, VLOOKUP functions, DMAX functions, IF-functions with seven more layers of nested functions...than any sane person should. So, I've taken a little pride in this sheet and the work that was put into programming it.

:)
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby infidel » Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:36 pm

No, your version borrows a LOT of the layout from mine. Yes, you modified the powers and devices layouts, but the statistics and skills/feats tabs are almost entirely unchanged in terms of layout. The carrying capacity calculators also appear to be largely unchanged from my design.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match over Excel expertise. As I said, you made some improvements on my worksheet. I purposely decided not to use drop-down lists for powers and feats because I wanted people to have the ability to add their own.

You fail to recognize that I put a lot of work of my own into that original template and didn't even bother to acknowledge that my work was incorporated into your worksheet.

I'm sorry, but that really is disrespectful.
The Gifted are watching you.
infidel
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Wolverine-X » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:44 am

infidel wrote:No, your version borrows a LOT of the layout from mine. Yes, you modified the powers and devices layouts, but the statistics and skills/feats tabs are almost entirely unchanged in terms of layout. The carrying capacity calculators also appear to be largely unchanged from my design.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match over Excel expertise. As I said, you made some improvements on my worksheet. I purposely decided not to use drop-down lists for powers and feats because I wanted people to have the ability to add their own.

You fail to recognize that I put a lot of work of my own into that original template and didn't even bother to acknowledge that my work was incorporated into your worksheet.

I'm sorry, but that really is disrespectful.

First things first...I didn't design this sheet to get any sort of credit or accolades. I designed it to allow myself an easy way to create characters. As a gamer, I decided that I would share the sheet because I thought it would be a useful tool. Second, like I said in my previous post this sheet does borrow from the layout of your sheet...I never said it didn't. Third, like I said in my previous post...the programming for this sheet is nothing like the one you created. Yes, I used the layout of the sheet you designed...it looked like the character sheet in the book, which is a great idea...but all of the Statistics calculations, Feats calculations, Skills calculations, Powers calculations, Modifier calculations, all of the conditional adjustments that are made based upon what a person chooses are completely original.

So, again like I stated earlier I'm not doing this for any sort of glory...I designed the sheet to make creating a character easy and automated. The layout you created inspired me to change the sheet that I previously created...so I adjusted. Thanks for doing a great layout on your sheet!!!! :)
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby wulf » Wed Jan 22, 2003 5:51 am

Additional on my continuing failure to get this (otherwise lovely) sheet to work:

The check marks on the front sheet (down with the damage markers) work fine, in that they show a mark when clicked on (I don't think they actually DO anything though, do they?). The ones on the powers & devices section continue to fail to do anything...

Unless it's a problem with Excel 97 SR-1 being too old, I'm at a loss...

Wulf
wulf
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Me too!

Postby RogueWriter » Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:26 am

Wolverine, please send me a copy of your sheet. I'm getting ready to start a campaign and could really use it.

Thanks.

crusader-x@comcast.net
RogueWriter
Booster
Booster

Postby Wolverine-X » Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:49 pm

wulf wrote:Additional on my continuing failure to get this (otherwise lovely) sheet to work:

The check marks on the front sheet (down with the damage markers) work fine, in that they show a mark when clicked on (I don't think they actually DO anything though, do they?). The ones on the powers & devices section continue to fail to do anything...

Unless it's a problem with Excel 97 SR-1 being too old, I'm at a loss...

Wulf

Wulf, I'll send you a sample character tonight. Try it and see if it works.
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

PreviousNext

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives