SoIaF-RP Podcast

Talk about Green Ronin's A Song of Ice and Fire RPG, based on George R.R. Martin's best-selling fantasy series. Winter is here!

Moderator: Super Moderators

SoIaF-RP Podcast

Postby camerandy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:46 pm

My friends and I have been running a Song Of Ice And Fire game for sometime now and have fallen in love with the system. We have started up a podcast based around our upstart house 'Gisilfrid' and our adventures through out the Westeros. There are quite a few episodes up right now and we would love any feed back you could give in regards to play and recording.

You can subscribed to us via itunes here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/NFPodcast

Thank you very much,
camerAndy.
camerandy
Bystander
Bystander

Re: SoIaF-RP Podcast

Postby Flagg » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:03 pm

I'm strangely tempted to act this out with hand puppets :P
Flagg
Henchman
Henchman

Postby camerandy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:47 pm

Haha, I'm strangely tempted by that idea sir. Hand drawn/painted backdrops and funny voices to off set the dark and grim world :lol:
camerandy
Bystander
Bystander

Postby jaypinjp » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:07 pm

Awesome that you guys did this.

One piece of feedback I would give is maybe purchase a USB microphone. Do a Google search "microphone for podcasting" and i'm pretty sure you can get one pretty cheap. Sometimes it's painful listening because you have to turn up the volume to hear you guys. Someone cracks a joke, everyone laughs, and then my eardrums get punctured. :)

But really cool to hear someone finally did one. Keep up the great game!
jaypinjp
Bystander
Bystander

Postby camerandy » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:50 am

jaypinjp wrote:Awesome that you guys did this.

One piece of feedback I would give is maybe purchase a USB microphone. Do a Google search "microphone for podcasting" and i'm pretty sure you can get one pretty cheap. Sometimes it's painful listening because you have to turn up the volume to hear you guys. Someone cracks a joke, everyone laughs, and then my eardrums get punctured. :)

But really cool to hear someone finally did one. Keep up the great game!

Thanks man, glad you like the podcast.

About the sound, we are six people around a table and using only one mic, not everyone is going to be picked up evenly. Hence the low volume then high volume problem. I dont think a USB mic will fix the problem, we would need more mics at the table to balance out the pick-up.

<Thinking Out Loud> Unless I pick up some cheap stand ones that people use for skype and chain them into a usb hub... Ohhh, that could work... </Thinking Out Loud>

I showed my GM your comment and he was happy someone was enjoying the podcast.
camerandy
Bystander
Bystander

Postby uncleho » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:30 am

I listened to the intro thing you did and the first four episodes of the story so far and I have enjoyed it as well.
uncleho
Bystander
Bystander

Postby camerandy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:27 am

Thanks man, its great hearing that people are enjoying the game :D
camerandy
Bystander
Bystander

Return to A Song of Ice and Fire RPG