Summon Demon incantation?

This forum is for the discussion of Green Ronin's various campaign settings, such as Freeport, Thieves' World, Black Company, and the Mythic Vistas titles.

Summon Demon incantation?

Postby thorr-kan » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:05 am

The Cults of Freeport 3rd Era lists a reference to a Summon Demon incantation. What's the source of that incantation?
thorr-kan
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Summon Demon incantation?

Postby timemrick » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:06 pm

The working draft of the d20 (now 3rd Era) Freeport Companion included rules for incantations, largely based on the Incantation rules from Unearthed Arcana. The primary changes were that all Freeport incantations used the Knowledge (forbidden) skill, and most inflicted Insanity Points in addition to the usual backlash options. Sadly, after the proofreading phase that I helped with and before the book saw print, that section was cut from the book.

If the Ronins give permission, I might be able to share the deleted text. I also have a version I've edited for use in my own Freeport campaign, adding d20 conversions of the four sample rituals from the True20 Freeport Companion--one of which is Conjure Demon.
timemrick

Postby thorr-kan » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:36 pm

Thanks; I figured it was something like that.

I'm a huge fan of incantations, especially from Kobold Quarterly and Zombie Sky Press. More is better!
thorr-kan
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Adair55 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:11 pm

Well i was looking to get info, about incantation.Now i have got it.Thanks
Adair55
Adair55
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Campaign Settings