Spearwife Benefit

Talk about Green Ronin's A Song of Ice and Fire RPG, based on George R.R. Martin's best-selling fantasy series. Winter is here!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Spearwife Benefit

Postby Flagg » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:07 am

Night's Watch, p.105 wrote:You receive a +1D bonus to Fighting against enemies from cultures aside from the wildlings for the first five rounds of combat. Also your Intrigue Defense increases by +1 against such opponents.

Any opinions on whether or not this applies to the Watch?

On one hand, most of them come from cultures where female warriors are an anomaly, but on the other hand, they'd be pretty used to fighting wildlings, and thus, spearwives.

Also, what about Dornishmen, or, to a lesser extent, Ironborn? Those two cultures have female warriors at the highest levels of social standing within the timespan of the novels.
Flagg
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Spearwife Benefit

Postby Paedrig » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:30 am

I would assume that originally all this examples are covered by the normal rules.
But you might consider to use a +1b instead of the +1d to reflect what you mean. But this would be of course a houserule...
Paedrig
Aficionado
Aficionado

Postby Kajani » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:33 am

By the way, if you speak about the Dornishmen... I am not sure if the Sandsnakes are "at the highest levels of social standing", and they are the most prominent fighting women which come to my mind in the active time of the novels. Ok, that is more a question of personal behavior and the "good name" of her father as poisoner etc... :lol:
Kajani
Booster
Booster

Postby Flagg » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:21 am

Fair enough -- but they're at least very famous.
Flagg
Henchman
Henchman

Postby devilsgrin » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:23 am

also of the Sandsnakes, only one could be considered a warrior ... Obara. Sarella, Tyene and Nymeria are all "lady-like" enough. Sure one is an truly infamous poisoner, but she's tiny and in no way a warrior.
devilsgrin
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby coldwind » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:49 am

devilsgrin wrote:also of the Sandsnakes, only one could be considered a warrior ... Obara. Sarella, Tyene and Nymeria are all "lady-like" enough. Sure one is an truly infamous poisoner, but she's tiny and in no way a warrior.

If rumors be true, Sarella has some skill with her bow. May not be a melee expert though.
coldwind
Aficionado
Aficionado

Postby Kajani » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:54 am

I think Nymeria which hides daggers all over her body and is said to be having a bloodthirsty streak comes also very close to a fighter (I guess she had used the blades more than once).
Kajani
Booster
Booster

Return to A Song of Ice and Fire RPG