Freeport: Taming Black Sails

This forum is for the discussion of Green Ronin's various campaign settings, such as Freeport, Thieves' World, Black Company, and the Mythic Vistas titles.

Freeport: Taming Black Sails

Postby Nhoj509 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:20 pm

I may want to run Black Sails, but in under 2 years of real time gaming. I'm looking for ideas on trimming the campaign while still delivering the highlights.

I played as a player in a Black Sails campaign that got abandoned in Act II. For our group, at least, it took many (5-8) sessions to do one island. We bailed on the second island.

But I remember the fun we all had in Act I. And Act III looks fun.

My thoughts thus far: Each of the 4 islands will be one session. The big bad island will be 2.

No idea how I'm going to pull that off, but thought someone else may have tried similar edits. Any advice?

thanks,
Nojo
Nhoj509
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Freeport: Taming Black Sails

Postby Nate Christen » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:31 pm

I need to review my notes for that adventure, but I believe my party worked through it at a quicker pace. What if your PC's acquired a device that showed them the direction to the relics, thus allowing them to bypass some of the encounters on each of the islands? This could turn those situations into more of a running chase/combat than a straight-up dungeon crawl.

-Nate
Nate Christen
Groupie
Groupie

Re: Freeport: Taming Black Sails

Postby Nhoj509 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:29 pm

Nice idea. I'm thinking of concatenating the islands even more, using the 5 Room Dungeon template (maybe with a few more rooms/areas). Have some roleplaying that gives the flavor of the isle, then a few encounters, another roleplaying event that can give the party an advantage, then the boss fight.
Nhoj509
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Campaign Settings