Freeport: Buccaneers Gang, what book?

This forum is for the discussion of Green Ronin's various campaign settings, such as Freeport, Thieves' World, Black Company, and the Mythic Vistas titles.

Freeport: Buccaneers Gang, what book?

Postby Nhoj509 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:59 pm

What book was the Buccaneers Gang in? I've rewound the clock to the trilogy, and remember there were two gangs in the Docks. The Buccaneers and the ???. I don't see them in Freeport: City of Adventure (I may just be blind). And by the time of the Pirate's Guide, they are history.

So where are they? I may need an extra gang or two.

thanks!
Nojo
Nhoj509
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Freeport: Buccaneers Gang, what book?

Postby Sigulf » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:31 am

Buccaneers Gang information -

Freeport: City of Adventure, p. 35
Sigulf
Bystander
Bystander

Postby timemrick » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:40 pm

The Freeport completist in me feels obliged to point out that the PDF adventure Gangs of Freeport (written by Ari Marmell and published by Adamant Entertainment) prominently features the Buccaneers and Cutthroats gangs. It's set a few years after Drac's downfall, but was released before The Pirate's Guide.

IMO, Gangs has one serious flaw: It doesn't take into account the power of the two big crime bosses in town, Mr. Wednesday (introduced in Denizens of Freeport) and Finn, who would come down hard on any rival gangs who butted into their territories. Tweak the scope of the plot a bit, and it could still be a fine adventure.
timemrick

Postby Nhoj509 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:15 pm

Thanks! I kept leafing through The Docks and the Scurvytown sections.
Nhoj509
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Campaign Settings