Any GR fans in Lexington KY?

If you need to find fellow Green Ronin enthusiasts, this is the spot to do it.

Any GR fans in Lexington KY?

Postby timemrick » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:34 am

My wife's job will be moving to Lexington, KY, sometime next year. We have no idea yet whether we'll be relocating, but in case we do, I was curious about how many of you Green Ronin fans live in or near that city, and how active the local gaming community is. (The availability of gaming isn't our first priority, of course, but it is on the list of things to research.)
timemrick

Re: Any GR fans in Lexington KY?

Postby timemrick » Sun May 26, 2013 1:42 pm

I'm resurrecting this thread because our move is just a couple months away now, in late July. If you're on this forum, and live in or near Lexington, KY, I'd love to hear from you!

I've started talking with some of the staff at the local game stores (The Rusty Scabbard and D20 Hobbies) about events they host, and I'll be looking in earnest for a group to play with by mid-August.

I'm most familiar with D&D 3.5 (having played and GMed it regularly since 2003), GURPS, BESM, and Earthdawn. I'm curious to try out SIFRP, Dragon Age, GURPS 4E, and (especially) Pathfinder, but am open to other systems as well (I've tried at least a couple dozen in 30 years as a gamer).

Lastly, once I get to know some of the local gamers, and have had a chance to play for a while (rather than GM, which I seem to do more often), I will be looking for players for a campaign of my own. It will most likely be Pathfinder, set in either Freeport or the new homebrewed world I'm developing.
timemrick

Postby timemrick » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:05 pm

We've finished the move to Lexington! If you live in the area, or know a gamer who does, I'd love to make contact.
timemrick

Postby DinhAmy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:48 pm

timemrick wrote:My wife's job will be moving to Lexington, KY, sometime next year. We have no idea yet whether we'll be relocating, but in case we do, I was curious about how many of you Green Ronin fans live in or near that city, and how active the local gaming community is. (The availability of gaming isn't our first priority, of course, but it is on the list of things to research.)

Buddy so how was that, did you find any difficulty in switching over there and now how was all about. :)
DinhAmy
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Grammaton Cleric » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:13 am

Hey there, timemrick. There's an active gaming community on the http://bluegrassgamers.com that's based out of Lexington. I've been a lurker on these boards infrequently for a while. Been interested in playing some SIFRP but haven't been able to dedicate any time to getting a group up and running. There's a couple of game shops in town that care a wide variety of gaming: Rusty Scabbard and Battleforge.

Hope you're enjoying Lexington.
Grammaton Cleric
Bystander
Bystander

Postby timemrick » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:22 am

Grammaton Cleric wrote:Hey there, timemrick. There's an active gaming community on the http://bluegrassgamers.com that's based out of Lexington. I've been a lurker on these boards infrequently for a while. Been interested in playing some SIFRP but haven't been able to dedicate any time to getting a group up and running. There's a couple of game shops in town that care a wide variety of gaming: Rusty Scabbard and Battleforge.

Hope you're enjoying Lexington.

Thanks for the link! I'll go check that out.

We're settling in pretty well. I just haven't had the time to go in search of game beyond checking out the Rusty Scabbard and D20 Hobbies. However, I am running some Pathfinder for my wife and kids and a couple old friends who relocated here for the same reason we did. But that couple's expecting (due in a few weeks) so it's a very short-term game, unless we continue without them. And I'll be trying to get involved in some Pathfinder Society stuff soon; I have my first character all ready to go.
timemrick

Return to Players Seeking Players