Born of the Cave Dweller Clans Question (Nights Watch)

Talk about Green Ronin's A Song of Ice and Fire RPG, based on George R.R. Martin's best-selling fantasy series. Winter is here!

Born of the Cave Dweller Clans Question (Nights Watch)

Postby Raven2909 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:33 pm

In the description for this new benefit it says that the +2 bonus applies to making poisons (as well as identifying/treating), are there actual rules for the creation of poisons I have missed somewhere in the core or the nights watch book?
Raven2909
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Born of the Cave Dweller Clans Question (Nights Watch)

Postby Carriker » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:50 pm

Raven2909 wrote:In the description for this new benefit it says that the +2 bonus applies to making poisons (as well as identifying/treating), are there actual rules for the creation of poisons I have missed somewhere in the core or the nights watch book?

Nothing yet, although it's certainly a feasible thing in the future. I thought about removing it for exactly that reason, but figured that - since our rule-set is not meant to cover every possible use of the rules, but contains enough internal logic to extrapolate out such things - it was better to leave in, to reflect that fact that the Cave Dwellers *do* have increased skill in poison manufacturing, even if there isn't a specific set of rules written to cover it.
--
Regards,
Joseph Carriker
Developer, Song of Ice & Fire
Green Ronin Publishing
--
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." - Jojen Reed, A Dance with Dragons
Carriker
Ronin Joe
Ronin Joe

Postby Raven2909 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:45 am

Ah cool, I look forward to seeing what is released at a later date... Perhaps in 'ASOIAF The Free Cities'? :P

Until then I shall come up with some house rules.
Raven2909
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Kajani » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:15 am

I think creating poison could be handle about something like knowledge, healing or even survival - all that could give you knowledge about poisonous herbs and animals or minerals...
Kajani
Booster
Booster

Postby coldwind » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:03 am

Kajani wrote:I think creating poison could be handle about something like knowledge, healing or even survival - all that could give you knowledge about poisonous herbs and animals or minerals...

I see it more using the Trade benefit - pick 'poisoner' or 'alchemist' as your trade.
coldwind
Aficionado
Aficionado

Postby ceranko » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:56 pm

Poisoning would be covered in healing knowledge think about it you have to treat a wound poisoned like a maester would you have to know what the poison is and how to counteact it. You would probably know how to make poison from poison plants ect just by having high doses of it.
ceranko
Cohort
Cohort

Return to A Song of Ice and Fire RPG