SIFRP QUESTIONS

Talk about Green Ronin's A Song of Ice and Fire RPG, based on George R.R. Martin's best-selling fantasy series. Winter is here!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Re: SIFRP QUESTIONS

Postby Flagg » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:15 pm

Thanks.
Flagg
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Tedric » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:09 am

Hi everyone,

I live in Belgium and intend to start the game as a Narrator. I have an impatient team of players ready to start :P
I have the Rulebook first Edition but wait for the 2nd edition to be distributed in Belgium. My local seller tells me it seems to be very difficult to get it. it seems there are some problems about the distribution circuit.

Can you tell me when it will be available in Belgium? ok, I could buy the product online but my local seller is a friend and I want to favour him.
Tedric
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Flagg » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:01 am

Night's Watch, p 121:

The stats for wight direwolves' bite and claws list that they are Powerful, but the wolves have no bonus dice in Strength, so what's the point?
Flagg
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Carriker » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Flagg wrote:Night's Watch, p 121:

The stats for wight direwolves' bite and claws list that they are Powerful, but the wolves have no bonus dice in Strength, so what's the point?

That's a side effect of wights losing all specialties, and of direwolf attacks normally being Powerful. Remember, wights are a template that is applied to a base creature, and some changes are going to result in weirdness that way.
--
Regards,
Joseph Carriker
Developer, Song of Ice & Fire
Green Ronin Publishing
--
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." - Jojen Reed, A Dance with Dragons
Carriker
Ronin Joe
Ronin Joe

Postby Shinkatsukyu » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:18 am

Hello everybody,

I have a question regarding penalty dice and passive results.

Are passive results afflicted by penalty dice and if yes how?

For example if a thief, disguised as an servant would try to go past a guard with an Awareness of three and two wounds (or the "Supreme Arrogance" drawback and a Status of 2) would the difficulty be 12, with the guardsman not getting any minus points for his wounds (or drawback) or perhaps 4, with the passive result being lowered like it is done if you have the "Flaw" drawback or something else entirely?

I would be happy if this could be officially answered.
Shinkatsukyu
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Zorbeltuss » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:35 am

they are not.
Zorbeltuss
Devotee
Devotee

Postby NeoRavencroft » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:08 pm

When it comes to the Drawback: "Flaw", when it mentions "reduce derived characteristics (such as Intrigue Defense or weapon damage) by 1" does that mean that it reduces the total of the derived characteristic or do you do the calculations, subtract 1, then do the total?
NeoRavencroft
Bystander
Bystander

Postby coldwind » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:16 am

NeoRavencroft wrote:When it comes to the Drawback: "Flaw", when it mentions "reduce derived characteristics (such as Intrigue Defense or weapon damage) by 1" does that mean that it reduces the total of the derived characteristic or do you do the calculations, subtract 1, then do the total?

Calculate what the derived characteristic would be without any Flaws, then reduce the total by 1 for each applicable flaw.
coldwind
Aficionado
Aficionado

Postby NeoRavencroft » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:15 am

coldwind wrote:
NeoRavencroft wrote:When it comes to the Drawback: "Flaw", when it mentions "reduce derived characteristics (such as Intrigue Defense or weapon damage) by 1" does that mean that it reduces the total of the derived characteristic or do you do the calculations, subtract 1, then do the total?

Calculate what the derived characteristic would be without any Flaws, then reduce the total by 1 for each applicable flaw.

Cool. Thanks
NeoRavencroft
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Deathstroke1986 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:06 pm

I am from Brazil and i couldnt wait for the Brazilian-Portuguese edition so i recently purchased the pocket edition. I did notice the are missing statistics on the Others. Green Ronin has some official word about it? What should i do? The errata will help me?

Sorry my poor english

Grateful,

Eder Marques.
Eder Marques
Deathstroke1986
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Flagg » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:50 am

They get some treatment in the Night's Watch book.
Flagg
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Deathstroke1986 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:06 am

Flagg wrote:They get some treatment in the Night's Watch book.

Thanks Flagg :)
Eder Marques
Deathstroke1986
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Mig el pig » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:38 am

Tedric wrote:Hi everyone,

I live in Belgium and intend to start the game as a Narrator. I have an impatient team of players ready to start :P
I have the Rulebook first Edition but wait for the 2nd edition to be distributed in Belgium. My local seller tells me it seems to be very difficult to get it. it seems there are some problems about the distribution circuit.

Can you tell me when it will be available in Belgium? ok, I could buy the product online but my local seller is a friend and I want to favour him.

I bought mine in Sterling book shop in Brussels and ordered the campaign guide in World's End in Ghent.
Mig el pig
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Tedric » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:36 pm

Well thanks for the info Mig!
I didn't know that shop and it's good to know they sell roleplaying games as well.

Finally I found the 2nd Edition at London, Orc's Nest shop but didn't find other books there.
Finally I ordered the Campaign guide and the Chronicle Starters online last week. It costs me alot in shipping costs :(
Tedric
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby HeroicSacrifice » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:32 pm

I keep seeing mention on the boards of rules for higher-quality armor, like the rules for weapons (poor, common, superior, etc.) Where are these rules, if they are official? If not, does anyone have a link to the homebrew rules people keep citing?
HeroicSacrifice
Bystander
Bystander

Postby coldwind » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:34 am

HeroicSacrifice wrote:I keep seeing mention on the boards of rules for higher-quality armor, like the rules for weapons (poor, common, superior, etc.) Where are these rules, if they are official? If not, does anyone have a link to the homebrew rules people keep citing?

There's nothing official - only what can be derived from the original Campaign Guide.
coldwind
Aficionado
Aficionado

Postby Paedrig » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:24 am

Allthough this might be quite frustrating, because i. m. o. the examples in the campaign guide seem not to follow a coherent rule (at least in my eddition from 2010), and the stats of high quality armor (and even some times normal armor) differ.
There are even some kind of armor mentioned (plate and mail) which is not in the core rule book (the stats are roughly that of splint armor, but again they seem to differ).

It might be better if you take a house rule: f. e. castle forged armor: pricex2; armor rate OR armor penalty improved by 1...
Paedrig
Aficionado
Aficionado

Postby Carriker » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:05 am

coldwind wrote:There's nothing official - only what can be derived from the original Campaign Guide.

And in fact we have removed all references to such armor in the latest edition of the Campaign Guide, until we can sit down and figure out a good, solid system for higher-quality armors.
--
Regards,
Joseph Carriker
Developer, Song of Ice & Fire
Green Ronin Publishing
--
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." - Jojen Reed, A Dance with Dragons
Carriker
Ronin Joe
Ronin Joe

Postby sirjolt » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:31 pm

Hi all. Sorry to bother everyone with a noob question but I've only just bought the game (Core Rules: Pocket Edition, Campaign Guide, and the Chronicle Starter) and I realize that the first two are not the most recent edition (they aren't the GoT editions). A search of the forums and the site show a lot of people talking about errata but I'm having trouble finding where it's actually located. Also, I'm assuming that any errata is for the most recent edition which I don't have and was wondering if there's any significant changes between the two. Any help would be appreciated; thanks!
sirjolt
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Zorbeltuss » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:38 pm

Errata is here: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7470

And I'm pretty sure they are for normal version only.
Zorbeltuss
Devotee
Devotee

Postby timbolton » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:03 am

SIFRP Quick-Start Rules, p.13
In the example for Attack (Lesser) Gerald's damage is said to be 4, based on Athletics Rank plus 1 (he is using a longsword). It then says his (athletics) rank is 4, so shouldn't his damage be 5 or was his athletics rank typoed and should have been 3? I'm a little confused and tried searching the forum (to no avail) for "Gerald" to see if this was cleared up.
timbolton
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Zorbeltuss » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:43 pm

That is an error that they cleared up in the book.
Zorbeltuss
Devotee
Devotee

Postby timbolton » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:49 pm

Zorbeltuss wrote:That is an error that they cleared up in the book.

I don't have the main book yet, so just wanted to know what is the correct version ;)
timbolton
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Flagg » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:11 pm

Longsword = Athletics + 1
Flagg
Henchman
Henchman

Postby timbolton » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:18 am

Flagg wrote:Longsword = Athletics + 1

Lol, thanks, I understand that bit. The calculation in the quick start guide doesn't add up, I just wanted to know what was altered to correct that error - his athletics lowered to 3 or his damage increased to 5. I'll hopefully get the main book when I can, so for now I am reading the quickstart guide.
timbolton
Bystander
Bystander

PreviousNext

Return to A Song of Ice and Fire RPG