A Dragon Age and AGE Update

Discuss our dark fantasy adventure tabletop roleplaying game based on BioWare's computer game, Dragon Age Origins.

Moderator: Super Moderators

A Dragon Age and AGE Update

Postby Hindmarch » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:42 am

Hi, everyone!

Will Hindmarch here, writing from deep beneath stacks of Set 3 manuscript pages (and DLC pages, and adventure outlines, and more). I wanted to drop you a note before I head out to Gen Con to say a few things:

1. Thanks for your patience! The delays on Set 3 have all been on my end and I want to apologize for making you wait so long. I've been distracted by things like new, forthcoming AGE and Dragon Age DLC items and, I admit, experimenting with some mechanics of mine that ended up not working out. The good news is, Chris's system for battles in Dragon Age is working great—it's sleek and dramatic and I've built the adventure in the back of Set 3 to take advantage of it.

2. I'm preparing a bunch of new DLC for the back half of the year, including new Faces of Thedas, new AGE Explorations, new Battle & Loot kits, and some new ways to explore lore and details of Thedas. What do you want to see more of? Less of? I've got a fair amount of material already in the pipeline, so I can't turn on a dime (obviously), but I'd like to aim some DLC right where you want it.

3. When I get back from Gen Con, I'll be going back through these forums to address some recent threads and see if I can be of use to y'all in here. If you've got a thread that you think needs attention, put a new post in it so it's on the front page next week when I get back?

In the meantime, thank you again for bearing with me. Set 3 is now coming together in leaps and bounds, thanks in no small part to those of you who submitted feedback during the beta test. I admit, I've been timid around Set 3 thus far because it has big shoes to fill and because you all deserve great new content. Dragon Age is a big deal. I assure you, I'm as eager to see this thing released as anyone. I want to talk about what comes next, after Set 3! :)

Ma serennas!

Cheers,
Will
Hindmarch
Bystander
Bystander

Re: A Dragon Age and AGE Update

Postby shonuff » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:07 am

Hindmarch wrote:2. I'm preparing a bunch of new DLC for the back half of the year, including new Faces of Thedas, new AGE Explorations, new Battle & Loot kits, and some new ways to explore lore and details of Thedas. What do you want to see more of? Less of? I've got a fair amount of material already in the pipeline, so I can't turn on a dime (obviously), but I'd like to aim some DLC right where you want it.

1. Given the option, I'd rather have less on Ferelden and the Deep Roads and more on the other territories -- Orlais, Tevinter, and the Qunari.

2. More spells... specifically more utility spells such as Shape Earth or Create Water from Set 2 to round out the entire RPing aspect, not just combat spells.

3. More items. Both magic and mundane. As is, there's not a lot to spend treasure on, and I know GMs can create and alter, but there's not too much to gauge prices/economy.

Understandably, GR is limited by the approval process, but I'm can dream, right?

Also, I know that Set 3 has been pushed back, does that delay the Deep Roads adventures, too? I know I said I wanted less Deep Roads, but I'll also take what I can get.
shonuff
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby Elfie » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:14 am

Woohoo! Thanks for checking in Will! I'll put in a vote for the "what to move ahead in the DLC pipeline" to say that anything that either IS specifically Dragon Age or that fits into the Dragon Age setting without much fiddling would be my vote to go first. Within that category, I'd put Faces of Thedas behind Explorations or Battle & Loot, not because I don't LOVE Face of Thedas (cause I do), but because in my campaign, I've got enough canon characters already ;-)

So in terms of stuff that's already been released, I'd put Creatures of Theadas: The Wyvern first, then Tomb of the Seeres, then Faces of Thedas: Verric, and WAY at the end of the list would be Freeport Backgrounds (both because it can't really be used in Dragon Age and because all the material was already published in Kobold Quarterly).

Having said all that, anything that adds more material to the product line is good in my opinion. Even if I don't get excited about it, if anybody else does, it's good for everybody because it gets more excitement around the system.
Elfie
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Postby Elfie » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:21 am

One more thing I'll throw in: I understand the business decision behind re-publishing stuff that's already appeared in Kobold Quarterly. In the case of Gifts of the Gods, I happily paid for it twice because it could easily be used in Dragon Age (in my campaign these are gifts from Demons/Spirits of the Fade). However, Freeport Backgrounds is the only AGE product that has ever been released by Green Ronin that I haven't purchased, because not only had almost all of the material already been released elsewhere, but none of it was really useful in a Dragon Age setting. You did add some new backgrounds before re-publishing it, but those don't do much for an existing campaign and the previously released material gave me the impression that the new material wouldn't be Dragon Age friendly either. If you're going to re-publish things, I'd say adding new material to it is good, but adding new Dragon Age friendly stuff to it is even better and will get me happily throwing money at you.

(Speaking of re-publishing existing material with Dragon Age friendliness added in, I would also happily throw money at you for an AGE Freeport Companion.)
Elfie
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Postby Admiral Yacob » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:41 pm

Thanks for the update, Will. I'd have to throw my vote behind adventure material. I was really sad when I heard GR was delaying the Deep Roads Set 2 Adventure Book behind Set 3, especially now that set 3 won't be until year's end. I"m really hoping it will be out soon as well. As for other DLC type content, Adventures/dungeons like Tomb of the Seeress are my number one, after that more information on locations/lore would be huge, item lists/additional abilities (including spells) would be up there. Faces is the bottom of my stack as I don't plan to use Canon characters in my campaign other than major ones like Cailan. I look forward to seeing your posts next week.
Admiral Yacob
Booster
Booster

Postby skywalker » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:19 pm

I vote for Deep Roads next as well. Ideally, Blood in Fereldan, Deep Roads and a similar book for Set 3 should provide an adventure spine from level 1 to level 15 or beyond.
[b]Playing:[/b] Lure of the Expanse (Rogue Trader)
[b]Running:[/b] Unbridled Blade (Atlantis: The Second Age)
[b]Planning:[/b] None
skywalker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby Loswaith » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:25 pm

Thanks for taking the time to give us the heads up Will.
- Loswaith
Henceforth mortal, remember...
Loswaith
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby kwanzaabot » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:45 pm

I want to see some intelligent Darkspawn, which I could see working in a Faces of Thedas release: the Architect, Corypheus, the Disciples, for example.

All could work pretty well in any campaign using Darkspawn.
kwanzaabot
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Jekias » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:27 pm

Hi Will, great to see you provide us with some news :D

Hindmarch wrote:Hi, everyone!
2. I'm preparing a bunch of new DLC for the back half of the year, including new Faces of Thedas, new AGE Explorations, new Battle & Loot kits, and some new ways to explore lore and details of Thedas. What do you want to see more of? Less of? I've got a fair amount of material already in the pipeline, so I can't turn on a dime (obviously), but I'd like to aim some DLC right where you want it.

I'd like to see more adventure outlines like the three that were included in the back of Blood in Ferelden. These are great as they give the outline to the story but leave the specifics to the GM. Or some mini-adventures of length similar to the quick start.

In addition, some more Lore-based material about the different cultures not just in Fereldan but the other areas of Thedas that we know of (Antiva, Nevarra etc).

Something else I'd be keen on is an expansion on the Circle Mage Fraternities. There were a couple of pages about it in Set 2 of the Players Guide (page 60-61), but having something more in depth or even expanding more on each of these could be an option as well.

Another suggestion could be an expose on Circle Tower poltics, perhaps names of people in the Fereldan Circle Tower and an overview of the layout with some possible adventure hooks.
Character Sheet Creator v1.17 - viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12514
Jekias
Booster
Booster

Postby Echo3Niner » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:19 pm

I vote for more depth as well; after all the stuff in the pipeline, we should be able to cover all the basics and the "big stuff". I have a couple specific request though, because of where I'm at in my life. The two things that come to my mind are:

1) A Lore Compilation; something pretty inclusive that doesn't get so much into rules and stories and characters, but really good detail on all the world stuff, like some of the items already mentioned (Mage fraternities, Warrior Orders, Mercenary Companies, more depth on the smaller histories of "what happened here, in this area", more about how various factions interact, religion and race relations, etc.), that would also include depth on the economy and more magic items, relics, powerful beings, etc. Something that covers a lot, perhaps broken out by area (would make sense to me, Ferelden being first), with perhaps little "adventure starters", very short hook ideas (couple paragraphs only) for GM's to jump off from, tied to the content. If you had a good format, that your audience liked, it could then be expanded, in the same template, for the other areas of the game world.

2) A very in-depth town/village setting; something with really detailed maps (including sample/model building layouts and appearances - pull outs would be great, I hate destroying books - or as augmented digital content, so I could print them out as needed would be even better), NPC's, information on it's local economy, issues around it, etc. Somewhere that was a good "hometown" for PC's to use as a base of operations, perhaps strategically located, but somehow out of too much politics, and trying to struggle to stay "neutral", thus allowing it to be used by parties no matter how they are aligned/affiliated; almost a "neutral ground" if you will. With a GREAT Inn & Tavern (lots of character) for the party to use as a base, an oddly strong "adventurer positive" economy (happens to have many, if not all the support that a party needs; e.g. a local retired unaligned Mage/Sage to help figure things out, a great "general store" with an "adventurer friendly" inventory, a common stop over or base for a caravan route (for instance) that caters to magic items and lore, not to mention the healer heavy yet open/non-judgmental local temple/church/whatever, etc. This could be wrapped into/around an adventure, but I'd prefer more material and much like the one above, just some hooks to help inspire the GM with jump off points.

The idea of the second one, is to give a great model for GM's to use to help them make "typical" towns anywhere and draw from. The maps, buildings, appearance, types of characters, etc. to draw from, that have that ambiance that feels right for the game, would be invaluable. Obviously other towns wouldn't be so "adventurer friendly", but the rest of it would give GM's an easy reference to help them whip up a town, when the players throw them a curve ball and go "off the reservation".

The idea of both frankly is just to add depth, to give GM's referenceable material to allow a GM to be more flexible and allow the players more freedom, to change their minds and go wherever they want, without the GM either making every place look like the one town from the computer game (whichever was their favorite, if they played it), or worse struggle to manufacture something quickly, that just doesn't feel right, because the players were so hasty and the GM didn't have enough material to give them a model or template to easily adapt.

It is great to have a game based on something else, be it a book, movie, computer game, etc. The only issue is, then the GM is in some ways "bound" by the lore/ambiance/feel of said material, and the responsibility falls to him or her to keep everyone in the state of suspended disbelief; if something doesn't feel right, or fit the established lore, the GM is either tasked with explaining it (I've actually had players trying to figure out why a town didn't "feel right", when that wasn't my intent), or the players just have to overlook it, either way, it detracts from the game. Anything to help us adult GM's who don't have the time we used to, to create everything from scratch, but have the experience to whip something up as needed (if we had more material to reference), would be a huge help.

I hope this makes sense, and I appreciate you even asking, so thank you.
Semper Fi
MGySgt of The Broken Dagger

“Reveal to us the metal of thy character; suffer the courage of thy convictions.”
Echo3Niner
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Bardwulf » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:54 am

I absolutely have to say 98% priority on the Deep Roads book. It needs to be addressed first due to chronological reasoning!

After that, anything PDF wise that can help me craft more adventures, be it locations, plot threads or new enemies. Or even PDF only adventures if that makes it cheaper and faster. We'll take anything we can get with grasping money filled hands.
Check out my Dragon Age Roleplay Videos here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFB0A772821BDAF07

My Creative Updates Blog: www.robert-james-freemantle.blogspot.com

"The revealed mystery of hidden history"
Bardwulf
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Strife » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:43 am

I have to agree on the Deep Roads and adventures. I alter those and plug them into the story lines and while my players aren't hard core DA fans, they love AGE. We're not running what I could consider a traditional DA campaign, but building the world is important too and I'd like to see more of the world outside of Ferelden as well.
Strife
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Dustin » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:18 am

I like the idea of more adventures. I am not good at writing my own, but I am great at customizing other people's adventures ;-)

Thanks for the update!
Dustin
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby jwduis » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:43 pm

I have to second (or third? fourth?) more adventures. That's # 1. Whether they are PDFs or the Deep Roads (although I really would like them all at once, whether in PDF or a book, rather than released piecemeal like the Battle & Loot series, because it's easier to plan a campaign around them), and whether they are in Ferelden or elsewhere, I don't care. Sure, it might be good to see Tevinter or Rivain but it's not a dealbreaker. I suspect there may be license limitations about having too much original lore in the RPG when BioWare itself has not even touched the majority of Thedas. My PCs are in Denerim now anyway and will be either there or in Nevarra for the foreseeable future. I especially would like adventures for levels 7+ (that's what level they are now, frozen for the past 2 1/2 months since we decided to do a super-hero campaign for a while) since I'm selfish and I want stuff for MY campaign. :) Of course, if they are for lower levels and easily scalable that'd work too.

Faces of Thedas is not particularly useful (although I have bought all of those so far, just in case) since I don't really need too many canon characters in my campaign (although I already have Lily, Silas Corthwaite, Alistair, Isabela, and Sketch playing major roles), and when I do I can just make stats for them myself (like when the PCs were sent on a contract from the House of Crows to kill Leiliana - and they did!). Generic AGE stuff is only useful inasmuch as I can use it in Thedas, as I don't think I will use this system for another setting anytime soon, if ever. Tomb of the Seeress I did buy and I can see how I could work it into Thedas, but in the future I'd like it to be slightly easier to do so. The monsters are nice and I did buy the one released so far but it's not terribly important either since I end up making up most of my monster stats anyway. It would be more useful if there were guidelines about what levels the monsters is good against, and some meaty adventure seeds (although the ones released so far are useful, they need more meat).

New spells and gear I could care less about, but I certainly do want Set 3 so the characters can get above level 10 eventually, and plan for their next specializations in any case. Of course, we know when that is coming out now, so not much to do at this point about it.

Any chance of a DA release (aside from small PDFs) prior to Set 3?
jwduis
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Barbarian Axeman » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:00 pm

Something like this:

- three adventures for set 2 (Deep roads)
- set 3
- new GM screen
- three adventures for set 3 (levels 10-15)
- again three adventures for set 3 (levels 16-20)
- one big hard copy book with the three sets

Every new product should include some lore, items,...

I'm not very interested in the dlc that already exist.
I would buy the freeport books if GR totally adapt them for age.
Barbarian Axeman
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Bardwulf » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:59 pm

I just want to chime in on a couple of things mentioned here, I support too a new GM screen (complete with adventure ;) )
and I add my voice to saying that new adventures outside of Fereldan are indeed not compulsory or in any way a deal breaker. I think I overall prefer Fereldan adventures, as I know it better and can therefore portray it better.

Yes any other systems that become 100% usable with DA I would use.
Check out my Dragon Age Roleplay Videos here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFB0A772821BDAF07

My Creative Updates Blog: www.robert-james-freemantle.blogspot.com

"The revealed mystery of hidden history"
Bardwulf
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Scott McFarland » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:12 am

Thanks Will for your post. It's good to get a sense of what's actually happening.

As you'll appreciate there's a real hunger for DA RPG content.

Personally, Set 3 is the absolute priority. Other pieces of DLC, for example, are great, but frankly they're distractions.

Because if we follow the practice of most other RPGs then the game must have its ruleset from levels 1-20, then a bestiary, then campaign guides. At the moment, DA seems to be jumping from pillar to post without a sense of strategic direction. Yes, I'd like a 12 page PDF full of new magic items for the game, a Morrigan 2013 Calendar, the addition of Tomes that increase stats or add spells known, a 24 page PDF adventure for 1st level characters set in the Circle Tower, a price list for items on sale at The Wonders of Thedas...

Part of the issue seems to be that so much content creation is being devolved onto one set of shoulders. If you, Will, catch a cold then DA writing stops. If you go to Gencon then DA writing stops.

No man is an island.

One suggestion I would have would be to recruit a development team - maybe half a dozen writers - and give them small DLC writing and editing projects. Speaking personally, I'd happily write / edit a piece of DLC gratis, if it meant helping the game grow.

Let a dev team handle the small jobs to keep a sense of momentum going, while you, Will, get Set 3 out there as fast as possible.

You can also get a dev team to get ideas rolling for the Deep Roads book, which would indeed be the next big project.

Following that, I think we all recognise that ultimately a hardbound second edition of the game for levels 1-20 (and maybe beyond?) is a no-brainer, as my group have certainly hit upon a number of things in the rules that need clarification.

A new GM screen would ultimately make sense, but the one we have right now is beautiful and GMs can make do.

So let's make sure that the DA RPG has its full ruleset...

Avanti!

Scott
Scott McFarland
Aficionado
Aficionado

Postby Ghostdanser » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:49 pm

What I would like to see most beyond set 3 is the Deep Roads supplement.

Faces of Thedas is not too useful for me, although I really enjoyed reading the Varric pdf, I probably won’t use him for an NPC, however the Bianca information will help me create legendary weapons, so worth the purchase. While the Faces line isn't a priority for me (after much thought) I would like to see Duncan, because if for no other reason he makes a good template for an experienced Grey Warden. Since he's dead and according to David Gaider will not be returning I see no reason EA/Bioware wouldn't approve him.

As for creatures, I don’t know if EA/Bioware would approve it, but even if they are supposed to be extinct I would like to see Griffons, it could always be written from a historical perspective, but with stats and aerial combat rules. I could sink my teeth into that.

Lastly, while information on any place is welcome (and a HIGH priority forme), here’s my least likely to be approved by EA/Bioware request (because they tend not to release information on an area until they have used it in a CRPG): the bottom left corner of the Thedas map. Pretty much everything from the Gamordan Peaks west…the Sea of Ash, Mont-de-glace the Sulfur Lakes, Sulfur Point, Malcellin Geysers…this is an area that screams adventure to me, with absolutely no supporting information, beyond some archer down there designed a bowstring that wouldn’t fail due to moisture…that’s not a lot to work with adventure wise, and while I can create non-canon info with the best of them, I would prefer to have a bit more information to disregard before I destroy that area.

That’s it…and thanks for asking Will, it is appreciated.
TTFN,
Ghostdanser
"Reality is perception...and perceptions lie."
Ghostdanser
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Arimmus » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:14 am

Hi Will and thanks to address the needs of the people that play this system. I feel the biggest thing in all reality is the core mechanics. Wound systems, fumble rolls (Weapon versions of the magical mishap) and that sort of thing are key. I use the age system to my own strategies and my own world, and missing key things that would take it to the top.

Are the wound systems going to come with set three?
Arimmus Thoma

" I has a maptool framework coming along for DRAGON AGE! "
Arimmus
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Zapp » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:52 am

Hindmarch wrote:What do you want to see more of? Less of?

3. When I get back from Gen Con, I'll be going back through these forums to address some recent threads and see if I can be of use to y'all in here.

What I really would like you to do, Will, is to gather Chris and anyone else in charge of Green Ronin, and have a long and hard think about what you are trying to accomplish with the Dragon Age license.

As other posters have expressed, the current impression of GR's Dragon Age line is that:
* It really does not have the attention of the company. There is no focus, no priority. There is no road-map. There even isn't anyone working (when you're away).
* The line is terribly unambitious. Since that first press release back in May 2009, your official store has grown to offer four (4!) official printed products, as well as a small handful of PDF-only offerings. The number of official adventures stays at 7, and there are no official campaigns (unless you count the trio of connectable-but-completely-separate adventures of Blood... as a campaign).

Let's compare this:
* Your very own WFRP (v2) line produced no less than 26 print products over three years.
* Hellfrost is a fantasy game line with about 20 products available, and no less than eighteen adventures. Do note that Hellfrost isn't even a separate game line - instead it is only one of many available campaign worlds for the Savage Worlds RPG. All of this also since about three years ago.
* Mongoose managed to publish 19 modules for RuneQuest/Glorantha during four or two years, depending on how you count it.
* And the current number of Pathfinder Modules is... 55. 'Nuff said.

In short, Will: Green Ronin has dropped the ball on DA. Completely.

The saddest thing, however, is that the same could be said about almost every fantasy property licensed or developed by Green Ronin. In some case, this was by design. In others, there are some other excuse. In the end, it doesn't matter: to me, GR is a wayward company that loves starting up new properties (and designing very cool rules for them), but almost never displaying the stamina necessary to follow through, and build a big and diverse brand.

I know you can do it - you did it with Freeport, you're doing it with Mutants. GW paid you to do it for WFRP. But apart from those (past) successes... Loads of great starts showing lots of promise. But not a single property flowering into a substantial game line. One with dozens of adventures and several rules and campaign supplements, I mean. And the current reality is that you acquired two high-profile fantasy properties at about the same time: Game of Thrones and Dragon Age. But you're not doing either one justice: the number of SIFRP products stays at six, not counting rules versions.

So you see why I would like you to think it over Will. At this rate, I'm half-hoping you will hand over the Dragon Age reins to another, more energetic and single-minded, company. One that could make the line bloom: occupy shelf space, generate net discussions, offer diverse adventure.

My Very Best Regards,
CapnZapp

PS. If it adds weight, I am prepared to stand behind this letter with my full name. In fact, since this thread is easily missable, I'll shoot you a copy of this letter as a PM, Will. Cheers. DS.
Zapp
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby shonuff » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:37 am

Yeah, I'm concerned about the lack of new content. Typically, little new content leads to lack of continued interest, which leads to lack of overall sales, which leads to a discontinued product. And no, I don't think that's a slippery slope argument.
shonuff
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby superduper » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:26 pm

Zapp wrote:
Hindmarch wrote:What do you want to see more of? Less of?

3. When I get back from Gen Con, I'll be going back through these forums to address some recent threads and see if I can be of use to y'all in here.

What I really would like you to do, Will, is to gather Chris and anyone else in charge of Green Ronin, and have a long and hard think about what you are trying to accomplish with the Dragon Age license.

As other posters have expressed, the current impression of GR's Dragon Age line is that:
* It really does not have the attention of the company. There is no focus, no priority. There is no road-map. There even isn't anyone working (when you're away).
* The line is terribly unambitious. Since that first press release back in May 2009, your official store has grown to offer four (4!) official printed products, as well as a small handful of PDF-only offerings. The number of official adventures stays at 7, and there are no official campaigns (unless you count the trio of connectable-but-completely-separate adventures of Blood... as a campaign).

Let's compare this:
* Your very own WFRP (v2) line produced no less than 26 print products over three years.
* Hellfrost is a fantasy game line with about 20 products available, and no less than eighteen adventures. Do note that Hellfrost isn't even a separate game line - instead it is only one of many available campaign worlds for the Savage Worlds RPG. All of this also since about three years ago.
* Mongoose managed to publish 19 modules for RuneQuest/Glorantha during four or two years, depending on how you count it.
* And the current number of Pathfinder Modules is... 55. 'Nuff said.

In short, Will: Green Ronin has dropped the ball on DA. Completely.

The saddest thing, however, is that the same could be said about almost every fantasy property licensed or developed by Green Ronin. In some case, this was by design. In others, there are some other excuse. In the end, it doesn't matter: to me, GR is a wayward company that loves starting up new properties (and designing very cool rules for them), but almost never displaying the stamina necessary to follow through, and build a big and diverse brand.

I know you can do it - you did it with Freeport, you're doing it with Mutants. GW paid you to do it for WFRP. But apart from those (past) successes... Loads of great starts showing lots of promise. But not a single property flowering into a substantial game line. One with dozens of adventures and several rules and campaign supplements, I mean. And the current reality is that you acquired two high-profile fantasy properties at about the same time: Game of Thrones and Dragon Age. But you're not doing either one justice: the number of SIFRP products stays at six, not counting rules versions.

So you see why I would like you to think it over Will. At this rate, I'm half-hoping you will hand over the Dragon Age reins to another, more energetic and single-minded, company. One that could make the line bloom: occupy shelf space, generate net discussions, offer diverse adventure.

My Very Best Regards,
CapnZapp

PS. If it adds weight, I am prepared to stand behind this letter with my full name. In fact, since this thread is easily missable, I'll shoot you a copy of this letter as a PM, Will. Cheers. DS.

Finally Somebody who understands what I have been saying about GR for awhile now and DA. :wink:
superduper
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Andferne » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:14 pm

Since this thread was posted I have been thinking hard on how I wanted to respond. Zapp pretty much covered what has been bothering me about GR and this DA franchise. Thank you.

As for the suggestions on what we would like to see, etc. I find myself in deva-ju (Honestly not sure I spelled that right.) as this is not the first time we've been asked what we would like to see. If memory serves me right since the last time we were asked this question one thing has stayed the same. Delays.

I absolutely love the Dragon Age setting. I fell in love with it the first time it came out and yes I even enjoyed Dragon Age 2 and all the dlc. When I found out that DA was coming to pen and paper I was overjoyed. Wizards of the Coast had just destroyed the campaign setting I had enjoyed (Forgotten Realms) with their Spell Plague crap and I was looking for something new.

Fast forward to where we are now and it just feels like you want this franchise to fail. It has so little support. It can become very hard to keep players interest when there is nothing to support the game. I've tried my best to try and stay positive for things but even that is getting trying with someone as hopeful as I am.
The world still needs Heroes
Andferne
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby MacGrein » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:48 am

Zapp, you wrote the best!

Green Ronin, please don't let the two really big franchises (Dragon Age and Song of Ice and Fire) fall to forgetfulness!
Since last year, Game of Thrones got an increase in popularity so big, which everywhere you look, there's something related. It's like when Lord of The Rings got the movies.
Dragon Age got the Two games. Bioware did magnificent things with both (most on first...) and sometime the third is coming.
This is the time to bring people on RPG, from the TV series and PC Games, get attention from the ones who play other Pen & Papers, and keep thigh those who already play Green Ronin's.
The Cake...
...is a lie
MacGrein
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby shonuff » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:56 am

MacGrein wrote:Zapp, you wrote the best!

Green Ronin, please don't let the two really big franchises (Dragon Age and Song of Ice and Fire) fall to forgetfulness!
Since last year, Game of Thrones got an increase in popularity so big, which everywhere you look, there's something related. It's like when Lord of The Rings got the movies.
Dragon Age got the Two games. Bioware did magnificent things with both (most on first...) and sometime the third is coming.
This is the time to bring people on RPG, from the TV series and PC Games, get attention from the ones who play other Pen & Papers, and keep thigh those who already play Green Ronin's.

What's upsetting is that only item has come out since the TV series started, unless you count reprints.
shonuff
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Next

Return to Dragon Age RPG