Problem with signing up to the forums

Here you can discuss and ask questions about upcoming Green Ronin products and anything else that doesn't fit into one of the categories.

Problem with signing up to the forums

Postby HelgiBergmann » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:46 am

My friend can't create an account on this forum. We've tried it on 4 different computers, but when we try to register, we always get the error message There was an error in one of your responses.

There were no errors, and he has a valid email and everything. Does anyone know how to fix this?
HelgiBergmann
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Problem with signing up to the forums

Postby Zapp » Tue May 01, 2012 3:40 am

Not sure where things break down for you. Did you get to the activation stage?

I just tried creating a new account. Had no issues getting to that stage (I'm just a regular user). Clicked the brand new picture matching malarky (that I hadn't see before), everything seems working, got the final "Your account has been created. However, this board requires account activation, an activation key has been sent to the e-mail address you provided. Please check your e-mail for further information." message just fine. (Of course, I already have my account, so I didn't actually proceed from there).

By "There was an error in one of your responses" do you mean the picture matching thing?

Have you tried another browser than Internet Explorer?

Have you tried registering under different user names? Using different email addresses?
Zapp
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby SassyRonin » Wed May 02, 2012 5:19 pm

"There was an error in one of your responses" during registration on this site in particular usually means someone hasn't noticed the "PeopleSign" visual anti-spam CAPTCHA at the bottom of the page. Some people think it looks like an ad. To successfully register your friend needs to click the image that best matches image 1, and then click the one that best matches image 2, along with filling out the correct registration data. If your friend still can't log in please have them contact me at evan [at] greenronin [dot] com.

I just noticed that our CAPTCHA, while effective against most spammers (and some non-spammers), does not include a work-around for the visually impaired. I guess I need to look for another solution.
SassyRonin
Triple Secret Administrator
Triple Secret Administrator

Postby Bardwulf » Fri May 04, 2012 2:48 am

I tried to sign up to this forum multiple times ages ago and gave up. It had been a captcha problem back then, even though I was doing it right. Well it has finally worked today, but the first attempt didn't work! I got it made on my 2nd. Not the first time I've had captchas tell me I'm wrong when I know I'm right though. Bloody hate captchas.
Check out my Dragon Age Roleplay Videos here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFB0A772821BDAF07

My Creative Updates Blog: www.robert-james-freemantle.blogspot.com

"The revealed mystery of hidden history"
Bardwulf
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Hiems venit » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:26 am

I couldn't register for a couple of months because of that captcha thing. I thought it was an advertisement. Thanks SassyRonin because your post helped me to solve my registration problem.
Hiems venit
Bystander
Bystander

Return to General Discussion