Immunity Feat - Extra or Power Stunt?

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Immunity Feat - Extra or Power Stunt?

Postby Inazuma » Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:47 pm

I'm a little confused. As I understand it, Feats added to Powers are supposed to be Power Stunts (at the normal 2pp cost). But Immunity tends to be listed as an Extra for some reason, such as on Cyclone's sheet. Is this a typo, or am I missing something?
~Inazuma
"This is a superhero game! I demand to be given rewards for causing massive property damage!"
Inazuma
Devotee
Devotee

Postby mouthymerc » Wed Jan 01, 2003 7:32 pm

When it is listed and taken as an extra at whatever amount of ranks, the character receives one immunity per rank taken. It lessens the costs of the immunities, but ties them directly into the power the are an extra of. Therefore making them susceptable to drains, neatralizes, etc.
The merc with the mouth! Zealot!

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein
mouthymerc
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby E. Deirdre Brooks » Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:03 pm

Further, if you use immunity as power stunts, you can only be immune to one thing at a time. A bit silly, no?
E. Deirdre Brooks
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Sufud » Thu Jan 02, 2003 9:32 pm

What? Where does it say you can only use 1 powerstunt at a time?

I thought that power stunts were basicly super-feats. So if you are limited to 1 power stunt at a time you cant use dodge and power attack and forget about penetrating attack more than once. :(
Sufud
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Valdier » Thu Jan 02, 2003 9:50 pm

I think he is referring to taking a power as a power stunt of a base power. Powers obtained in that way cannot be used at the same time as their parent power.
If you are looking for news, examples, tutorials, FAQ or something else, try visiting Valdier.com
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Superkid » Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:09 am

Could this technique be used for other super-feats? For example, Telepathy [Extra: Mental Link]--this would give you a permanent telepathic connection to a number of people equal to your Telepathy rank (or less) provided they also possessed the Mental Link feat. What about subtypes, like multiple attack power stunts on the Weapon power? Or multiple energy control power stunts on a single energy control power? It sounds like it might be a little overpowering for non-Immunity power stunts. Thoughts?
Superkid
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Novac » Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:11 am

Oy, I think my brain just fused.
Novac
Booster
Booster

Postby slaughterj » Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:54 am

Wow, there's some weird shit being smoked in this thread...

Anyway, an Immunity is a Super-Feat. However, one can buy Immunities as an Extra to a power, e.g., buying Protection PL5 and Immunity PL5, with the Immunity "power" containing 5 immunities, all of which are active at the same time.

For instance, I can make Rock Man (skipping Alt-Form: Solid) with the following:

S-STR, PL5 - cost 20p
- Extra: Protection, PL5 - cost 5pp
- Extra: Immunity, PL5 (Includes the following Immunities: Immunity to Suffocation, Immunity to Heat, Immunity to Cold, Immunity to Pressure, Immunity to Critical Hits) - cost 5pp
Total cost: 30pp

The result of the above is that the character got the immunities, which derived from the same source as his other "rock" powers, as an Extra, and therefore got them cheaper, but if his "Rock" powers get drained, so do the immunities.

Any more questions?
slaughterj
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Postby Max_Maze » Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:12 pm

Superkid wrote:For example, Telepathy [Extra: Mental Link]--this would give you a permanent telepathic connection to a number of people equal to your Telepathy rank (or less) provided they also possessed the Mental Link feat.
I would have no problem with that, since Mental Link is an independent Super-Feat.
What about subtypes, like multiple attack power stunts on the Weapon power?
This I would not allow, since the attacks are Secondary Effects, not independent Feats.

In general, if you can only have a Feat because you have a specific power, I would say that you cannot take it as an Extra.
Max_Maze
Dabbler
Dabbler

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives