What Do You Want to See from GR?

Here you can discuss and ask questions about upcoming Green Ronin products and anything else that doesn't fit into one of the categories.

What Do You Want to See from GR?

Postby Pramas » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:07 am

Our yearly summit begins tomorrow. We'll be making plans for the future. What would you like to see from Green Ronin moving ahead? You can reply here and join the conversation on Twitter and Facebook.

Thanks!
Chris Pramas
Green Ronin Publishing
Pramas
Ronin Chris
Ronin Chris

Re: What Do You Want to See from GR?

Postby thegrognard » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:39 am

Anything Space Opera-ish or Post-Apocolyptic in the works/being kicked around for the AGE system?

I seem to have a metric-crapton of time on my hands to collaberate. :wink:
"He who dies with the most toys, wins." - Me
thegrognard
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Scott McFarland » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:29 pm

Pramas wrote:Our yearly summit begins tomorrow. We'll be making plans for the future. What would you like to see from Green Ronin moving ahead? You can reply here and join the conversation on Twitter and Facebook.

Thanks!

As many Dragon Age RPG products as possible, please.

I buy every DA product you make. My 5 players buy the box sets.

Make a DA Bestiary or a Campaign Guide to Ferelden and we'll all buy it.

:-)
Scott McFarland
Aficionado
Aficionado

Postby Valerigon » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:12 pm

More products for Freeport.
Valerigon
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Jason_Sunday » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:17 am

I would like to see Dragon Fist and Mass Effect!
Jason_Sunday
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Andferne » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:04 am

Scott McFarland wrote:As many Dragon Age RPG products as possible, please.
I buy every DA product you make.

Pretty much this.
The world still needs Heroes
Andferne
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Nate Christen » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:24 pm

Valerigon wrote:More products for Freeport.

I'll second that.

-Nate
Nate Christen
Groupie
Groupie

Postby selderane » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:32 am

Dragon Age stuffs, please.
selderane
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Jekias » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:40 pm

Andferne wrote:
Scott McFarland wrote:As many Dragon Age RPG products as possible, please.
I buy every DA product you make.

Pretty much this.

*raises hand* me too!
Jekias
Booster
Booster

Postby Ferai » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:52 pm

.. clear shipping schedules.
.. better communication.
.. stop taking on licensed product lines you can't support.
Ferai
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby dm4hire » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:35 am

A little late, but would love a True20 2nd Ed, maybe more in line with M&M but fantasy and generic themed as it is now.
DM4Hire
In trees I saw her,
Brightly like blossom blooming,
'Til shadows she left.
dm4hire
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby anotherscreenname » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:20 am

I would love dragon age miniatures, although I would prefer pre-painted so they would make it to the table alot quicker, I would understand it is wouldnt be wise to have to invest so much to have them made, maybe even getting a second company to come in (like reaper) to assist and just re-sell small allotments of unpainted lead
anotherscreenname
Bystander
Bystander

Postby skywalker » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:15 pm

DragonFist released using the M&M3e or True 20 system (and not AGE).

Blue Rose 2ed. I really liked John Snead's idea of advancing Blue Rose's setting several hundred years to allow for steampunk elements. Perhaps that would kill two birds with one stone.
[b]Playing:[/b] Lure of the Expanse (Rogue Trader)
[b]Running:[/b] Unbridled Blade (Atlantis: The Second Age)
[b]Planning:[/b] None
skywalker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby Dahak » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:23 pm

I'd like to see a partial resurrection of the True20 line. Not a continuation, mind you, as I believe the system to be fairly complete. But I'd like to see the Pocket Player's Guide kept in print as the main book in a new digest-sized line -- something of an alternative to Savage Worlds or MRQ Legend.

The rest of the line could be reprinted with a digest sized Pocket Narrator's Guide containing the rest of the revised book (GM chapters and Companion), a digest bestiary, etc.
Dahak
Bystander
Bystander

Postby rulandor » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:32 am

More A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE RP products: revised corebook, regional books about Westeros, a "rest of the world" book, a "Chronicle Starter" for every of the six remaining kingdoms (as the Riverlands are now covered).

Oh, and keep True20 in print!
rulandor
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby ShadowStalker » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:17 am

skywalker wrote:Blue Rose 2ed. I really liked John Snead's idea of advancing Blue Rose's setting several hundred years to allow for steampunk elements.
I'd second this, though mainly because I think GR could/should do a steampunkesque setting, maybe even with a new, quicker rule system (ala a lot of the new rules i the business).

I'd also like to see GR due another rule system of its own that supports rapid, story-driven play and less GM prep time to design adventures/encounters. Kind of an alternative to its current supported rules for pick-up, on the fly play.
ShadowStalker
Bystander
Bystander

Postby drakahn99 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:05 pm

maybe a bit late, but i would like to see a big book of the dragon age rules in one volume AFTER set 3 or 4, with a lot of the fluff cut out. dont get me wrong i like the idea behind having boxed sets for the game along the lines of the old red box d&d set. however at a point it becomes cumbersome having to remember which book has what. especially when your dealing with 2-4 boxed sets plus extra supplemental material that will eventually be released.

by asking for the fluff to be cut out, i dont want it to be less DA, but to not reprint material that is already available in the games strategy guides or online in their perspective wiki. and expand on whats not there... delve into the other areas of the game that's not covered already.
drakahn99
Bystander
Bystander

Postby ronaldo1 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:17 am

How about an AGE open system reference document. I really like the AGE system, I just find Ferelden setting booring. there is nothing wrong with it, its just my taste. But some sort of epic science fiction. Perhaps a Dune setting?
ronaldo1
Bystander
Bystander

Postby memorax » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:51 pm

Older D20 tiles such as the Book of Righteous and Advanced Bestiary updated to Pathfinder.
memorax
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby KarlR » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:54 pm

I would like to see more SIFRP products. It would be cool to see a "rest of the world" book, and more adventures, with or without House write-ups.
KarlR
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Zapp » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:21 am

I am a great fan of Green Ronin product but there is one thing that's troubling me.

Dear Green Ronin,

Please stop jumping from one game to the next. Please select a few games and stick to them, continuing to develop their product lines from year to year. The Freeport, WFRP and M&M product lines made/make for well-supported mature games. I like that very much (even though I personally am a fantasy lover and know next to nothing about M&M).

In stark contrast, you developed True20. That showed great promise but went nowhere. As of right now, you are selling two very much alike licensed properties: SIFRP and Dragon Age. Both lines have (what I consider) very thin support (given that both games have existed for multiple years by now), with only a handful products each. My personal belief is that such a small studio such as Green Ronin should drop one and focus on the other. Even if you don't, I must confess I was dismayed you are planning yet more fantasy properties.

The past history of Green Ronin is strewn with abandoned husks of game lines. (Black Company perhaps being the most egregious example, even more so than Dragon Fist.)

I know you will bring up the fickleness of licensors in your defense. That doesn't cut it, I am afraid. If the licensors truly are to blame, you are simply not good enough in making licensing deals that give you the kind of of artistic freedom you need for your licensed products to blossom. You have dearly underestimated the difficulties connected to bringing out Dragon Age content - unfortunately this is not the first time you have fallen short of the mark in these regards. I wish you the very best, Mr Pramas, but I would have wished you put more of your considerable XP (all the way back to Dragon Fist or perhaps even further back in time?) in dealing with fickle licensors in writing up better contracts... :mask:

Personally, however, I am afraid the answer might instead be something else. I suspect your interests simply lies elsewhere.

You, Mr Pramas, you are a very gifted game rule designer. However, in all honesty you seem more interested in developing new games than sticking with the ones you've already got. I love rpg rules, so I understand it is more exciting to start thinking about new great stuff than it is to support the existing works of art. Take WFRP2, where I am of the impression you left the steering wheel far too soon after the main rulebook was produced, handing over the more mundane (boring to you?) task of product support to others (inside and outside of GR).

But this ain't painting masterful works of art - while a Michelangelo or a da Vinci could move on to ever greater projects leaving us to admire their earlier works as stand-alone objects of value, we rpg customers want sticking power - we want a design studio that creates great games, and then devotes themselves to said games, redirecting their creative energies from making new stuff into to supporting those game lines! I am not saying you should fossilize, but please please please slow down the stream of new games and make more stuff for the games you have already!

In the end, the tendency to always move on to something new damages my belief in Green Ronin's ability to give me what I want. An investment in something great.

I wish I was into M&M, but I am not. I wish there was half a dozen Dragon Age products slated for 2012, but there isn't. But there isn't half a dozen products slated for any of your existing fantasy lines, and that's why I am writing this.

Thank you for reading,
CapnZapp
Zapp
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby aprewett » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:00 am

I like what you are saying, and I recently read this article

http://www.enworld.org/forum/news/31580 ... olumn.html

Consolidation is the key, and capture the audience.
I only play GoThrones and mentioned some time ago on this forum that I would like to see support on a regular basis like the M&M, which always seemed to have some new small game piece on the home page.
Why get a game were you are so gaged and stifled to release new items.
I am an aging gamer with few other gamers still around, no young up and coming gamers.

Allan
aprewett
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Aldarc » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:30 pm

Zapp wrote:I am a great fan of Green Ronin product but there is one thing that's troubling me.

Dear Green Ronin,
[snip]
Thank you for reading,
CapnZapp
Isn't that why they are formalizing the AGE rules so that they can create a system and setting that's independent of requiring a license?
Aldarc
Bystander
Bystander

Postby aprewett » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:11 am

But as mentioned in the article, every time they add a new line they dilute the gamers, so instead of 1000 sales of line A, they get 500 each and surely the manpower is more to produce both games. Yet the buying public want to see a well supported product. So unless they increase there staff or pay more to the existing designers to cover the new lines, the production of new material is slowed.
Bear in mind I know nothing about the publishing industry, so maybe they can keep increasing the lines of games with no effect.

Allan
aprewett
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Zapp » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:43 am

I am well aware the economics say you get the most profit from the first, main, rulebook of every game line.

I just wish a company making so good campaign worlds were a bit more like the old grognards in the hobby, in that they would see their mission more as guardians and protectors of their chosen campaign lines, than inventors of an ever expanding product portfolio.
Zapp
Super Poster
Super Poster

Next

Return to General Discussion