[New Class] - Hunter

Discuss our dark fantasy adventure tabletop roleplaying game based on BioWare's computer game, Dragon Age Origins.

[New Class] - Hunter

Postby Saisei » Fri May 06, 2011 9:42 am

As mentioned here I'm coming up with some new classes.

I know there's alot of people who see no need for this (I'm kind of one of them) but for our world, coming from 4e, there were alot of classes. We've been playing DA for a good 6 months to a year now and my players love it. But some have said they'd like more diversity in class. So that's what I'm doing.

Next up: Hunter (read Ranger lol)

Hunter's Armour: You are at home in leather armor. You can ignore the Armor Penalty of leather armor altogether. It affects neither your Speed nor your Dexterity.

Beast Master: You start with an animal companion that serves as an ally. Choose an animal from the following list and add the Elite Template (Set 1 GMG p. 25) to your chosen animal. Dog, Cat, Wolf, Bear, Hawk, Falcon, Owl, Snake, Raven. You are considered to have the Animal Handling Talent (Novice) for interactions with your animal companion.

Talents: Choose a talent from Archery, Scouting or Trap-Making

Primary Attributes: Cunning, Dexterity, Perception

Secondary Attributes: Communication, Constitution, Magic, Strength, Willpower

Starting Health: 25 + Con + 1D6

Weapon Groups: Brawling, and choose two from Bows, Light Blades and Spears.

Level 2: New Stunt (2sp) Sick 'em Boy - You sick your pet on any target within 5 yards or your pet.

Level 3: You become a novice in a new talent or gain a degree in a talent you already have.

Level 4: Growing Bond - You are considered to have the Journeyman degree of Animal Handling talent for interactions with your pet.

Level 5: You become a novice in a new talent or gain a degree in a talent you already have.

I know it's pretty similar to the Rogue but I think it's just different enough to be of interest. Feedback welcome and encouraged!
Saisei
Firebrand
Firebrand

Return to Dragon Age RPG