Homebrew Action/Stunt Sheet

Discuss our dark fantasy adventure tabletop roleplaying game based on BioWare's computer game, Dragon Age Origins.

Homebrew Action/Stunt Sheet

Postby si1vergecko » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:03 pm

I made this chart for the heck of it more then anything else through a combination of Photoshop and Illustrator (and found out very fast that I do not remember much on how to use Illustrator for that matter). If you all wish to use it have at you though I will say up front that the font is small as in 9 which was basically required to put everyone on two pages. I did make an earlier version that was one page but that was landscape and this one is portrait and two sided. It includes all actions, stunts (save a few specialty ones such as Envenom, creature specific and so forth) and magical mishaps including the ones that are listed in the Set 3 playtest. A little constructive criticism is welcome too. Hope you all enjoy.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/68323560/Dragon ... 0Sheet.pdf
si1vergecko
Dabbler
Dabbler

Re: Homebrew Action/Stunt Sheet

Postby Elfie » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:32 am

Nice! My two immediate suggestions would be to include both Envenom and Kaboom! and to perhaps lightening the background a bit. Other than that, it looks great.
Elfie
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Postby si1vergecko » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:49 am

Yeah I thought about putting in envenom and kaboom but space was an issue and since those were situational and players may often have to consult the rules for those material for one reason or another I did not consider it a major issue.

As for lightening the background Might not be a bad idea.
si1vergecko
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Elfie » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:02 am

They're no more situational than the school of magic stunts, which also require looking up of other information (spell details) :D
Elfie
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Postby Loswaith » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:38 pm

Looks good and once printed the 9 point font shouldn't be an issue. I often use 8 point fonts, they tend to be a fair bit harder to read on screen than once printed, abet that is without backgrounds too.

One thing is I found the section headings tend to bleed in a bit to the normal text and look less defined (may be just an issue with digital rather than printed), haps highlighting them or underlining them could break things up a bit better.
- Loswaith
Henceforth mortal, remember...
Loswaith
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby si1vergecko » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:17 pm

Pertaining to the section headers, I agree and in the earlier version I did I actually used the headers that were on the back of the books. Since those same headers were not available for the newer stunts I just left the current stuff in as place holders. That said you do make an excellent point, though the font I used, Arabic Typesetting, for some reason does not allow bold or underlining for some reason. Guess it is not on file.

EDIT: That said I did jump back into the program and did manually draw lines below each section header and that should make them stand out more.
si1vergecko
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby si1vergecko » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:16 am

Also I went in and lowered the opacity of the background a little, not much but a little. Also did decrease the stroke of the text so that should make them easier to read. Still unfortunately had no room for Kaboom and Envenom.
si1vergecko
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby tarnishedarmour » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:53 pm

Grabbed. Good work.
If a Hero's armour is still shining he either has never used it or spends too much time polishing it. Armour is intended to be used and a Hero's worth should be measured in his armour's scars and dents as well as his own.

Check out my project here.
tarnishedarmour
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Loswaith » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Looks good, Thanks :)
- Loswaith
Henceforth mortal, remember...
Loswaith
Super Poster
Super Poster