AGE Hobbit?

Discuss our dark fantasy adventure tabletop roleplaying game based on BioWare's computer game, Dragon Age Origins.

AGE Hobbit?

Postby AGEPhilmont » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:35 pm

I wish Green Ronin would make a Hobbit RPG based on the Adventure Game Engine.

I like the Cubicle 7 game, and I'm glad I bought it, but it's still too dang complicated for me to invest my time in learning and teaching non-gamers how to play.

I wonder: could GR collaborate through a sublicense with Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games to make an AGE version of The One Ring, or just The Hobbit?

I started to hash out an AGE Hobbit here: https://sites.google.com/site/endorenya ... hobbit-rpg

I only got as far as Ability Scores and Classes (Burglar, Warrior, Magician).
AGEPhilmont
Bystander
Bystander

Re: AGE Hobbit?

Postby Arimmus » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:50 pm

Green Ronin is actually in the moves to limit their resources as they have said they are removing some items from their libraries.
Arimmus Thoma

" I has a maptool framework coming along for DRAGON AGE! "
Arimmus
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Zapp » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:32 am

Arimmus wrote:Green Ronin is actually in the moves to limit their resources as they have said they are removing some items from their libraries.

I do not understand.

Where do GR say this? What moves are they taking? What resources are they limiting? Which libraries are you talking about? What does this have to do with The Hobbit?

(I fully agree the OP's request is pure wishful fantasy, knowing Tolkien Estates to be one expensive and difficult licensor if there ever was one, but I still don't understand your post)
Zapp
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby Disemvowel » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:13 am

OP: You have Dragon Age, buy Kobold Quarterly 13, 19, 20...maybe 18 too. They have stats/backgrounds for all of the Tolien/D&D races. Get map of ME, play ME. Why wait for someone to do all the work for you? Make it your game, your way.
На войне, победе. В мире, бдительность. В смерти, предлагая
Disemvowel
Groupie
Groupie

Postby AGEPhilmont » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:54 am

Disemvowel wrote:OP: You have Dragon Age, buy Kobold Quarterly 13, 19, 20...maybe 18 too. They have stats/backgrounds for all of the Tolien/D&D races. Get map of ME, play ME. Why wait for someone to do all the work for you? Make it your game, your way.

Good idea--thanks Disemvowel!
AGEPhilmont
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Dragon Age RPG