Anything else with AGE?

Discuss our dark fantasy adventure tabletop roleplaying game based on BioWare's computer game, Dragon Age Origins.

Anything else with AGE?

Postby dailor » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:36 am

Hi folks! I really like the AGE-System and I am asking myself, are there any plans for other games than Dragon Age with the AGE-System? Something more like Sci-Fi or with a modern touch?
dailor
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Anything else with AGE?

Postby Sidmen » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:48 am

Right now, I know that the Midgard setting is being made with the AGE system in mind. So far, I've only seen their bestiary, which is cool, but I know they're doing more stuff in the future.

http://www.koboldquarterly.com/k/front-page9333.php

^^ link to a relevant report

http://dragonageoracle.com/2011/07/19/r ... y-for-age/

^^ link to a beastiary review
Sidmen
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Saisei » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:28 am

I joined the Midgard Campaign Setting as a Patron last week and I can safely say it's feckin' awesome.

Aside from that I know people have already put up Firefly/Serenity using AGE here, Mass Effect recently, Star Wars a while ago, someone did Conan the Hyborian AGE. I've a feeling I'm missing some but those are the fan made ones so far.

As far as officially ones, I've no idea I'm afraid. I was thinking of throwing together a quick zombie bashing game using AGE cause I think the stunts would lend to it in a really fun way.
Saisei
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Siroh » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:39 pm

The Mystara conversion I wrote is old school D&D so it doesn't fit your bill at all, but I'm working on a modern horror rule-subset. I'm aiming to finish by early October, and if you threw out the Fear tests and magic you'd be a little close to a generic modern action game. I started with that mold and ripped the over the top uber-action elements out. Some of the less overt ones are still present however.
Byron D. Molix
Eidolon Core blog
Siroh
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Saisei » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:19 am

Oooooo. Be sure to post up when you're done.
Saisei
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby ronaldo1 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:05 pm

I really think the AGE system is excellent and would love to see some more settings published.
ronaldo1
Bystander
Bystander

Postby AdamK1095 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:17 pm

I feel a Diablo campaign would work perfectly with AGE. Vizjerei sorcerers (chantry) vs. non. Templar specialties for rougues (slight changes) to the rogue class for a Viz-Jaq'taar. Dark Spawn easily fall in as demons.
AdamK1095
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Siroh » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:39 am

Saisei wrote:Oooooo. Be sure to post up when you're done.

I am aiming to be done with the core book in two weeks or less. I do occasionally post updates on my blog, and I've consolidated all of the Eternal Shadows specific posts under one tag.

http://eidoloncore.wordpress.com/tag/eternal-shadows/
Byron D. Molix
Eidolon Core blog
Siroh
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Scion of Haven » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:18 am

Recently I've been entertaining the idea of an AGE-based Eternal Darkness setup. Warriors are still warriors, rogues are scholars, and mages are wizards. Seems pretty simple. Instead of Darkspawn you've got the minions of the Ancients, which even align pretty well with the Darkspawn varieties, with basic gelocks and hurlocks as zombies, ogres as horrors, shrieks as bonethieves (probably would give them a new stunt involving possession), that sort of thing. The specialties would need to be changed a bit, and the weapon categories as well, but I think it would work pretty well. The one major modification I'd need to make would be somehow adding a sanity system, with a stunt (or perhaps simply any killing blow) to restore a small amount of sanity as per the "finish him" command in the game.
Scion of Haven
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Siroh » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:02 am

As promised, and just in time to work something up for Halloween time, Eternal Shadows, Horror gaming based on AGE.

http://wp.me/p1yVzA-57
Byron D. Molix
Eidolon Core blog
Siroh
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Vaelorn » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:12 am

Very impressive! Interesting twist on the character generation section too, which I think suits the genre nicely!
Vaelorn
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Scion of Haven » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:36 am

This is perfect! I can absolutely make an Eternal Darkness campaign setting with this system modification. You even incorporated the sanity system and the "finish him!" technique from the game. I am impressed and grateful for this rulebook.
Scion of Haven
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Saisei » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:53 pm

This is feckin' brilliant.

This needs it's own thread
Saisei
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Saisei » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:06 pm

Ok sorry for double post but wow. I am actually blown away by this. It's brilliant. I would happily have paid for it!

Amazing work. I'm just about to start a Revenloft: Masque of the Red Death game and was going to use Unisystem but I think I'll just use this instead. Brilliant. Thanks.
Saisei
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Admiral Yacob » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:13 pm

This is awesome, anyone have a good suggestion for a one-off Halloween adventure to run with this? I think my group would love it.
Admiral Yacob
Booster
Booster

Postby Siroh » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:40 pm

Admiral Yacob wrote:This is awesome, anyone have a good suggestion for a one-off Halloween adventure to run with this? I think my group would love it.

I am working on turning the playtest scenario I wrote into something properly formatted etc. I'm stuck drawing the town map however, so I don't know when it'll be done.
Byron D. Molix
Eidolon Core blog
Siroh
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Adragan » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:40 pm

Siroh (Byron D. Molix).. I love you.. I just Frakking love you..

Since i get my Set 1 and tested it with my friends.. i was wondering how to make a modern setting with AGE.. and now i see the light.. for few months i was reading all sort of threads of house rules or any kind of info about that.. but nothing big.. just few rules.. but for what i see.. you menaged to put order in all my thoughts and ideas..

With your permision, i will use your ideas to create my projects.. projects that needed a system long ago.. but now with AGE and your modern AGE i can fullfill them.. i just need my old archives in my broken hard drive (Yes.. Lol..) and start working on my Hollow Earth Expedition Conversion.. my Crimson Skies/Tale Spin Conversion..

Thanks Chris Pramas (If you read this) for AGE.. And thanks Byron for this Modern AGE.. Really, thanks.
“O Praeclarum Custodem Ovium Lupum”

It smells like a trap. It feels like a trap. I believe it is a trap.
Adragan
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Siroh » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:52 pm

Thanks for all the kind words. Eternal Shadows started as a series of musings on my blog, and it kind of spiraled from there. I didn't post a thread because I wasn't sure how it'd be received until late in the development process. If anybody wants to start a thread on ES, or just horror gaming in general, I'll hop over and chime in. And thanks for the comments about the quality, I really appreciate it. I wouldn't dream of charging for it because I don't have rights to the art, or a license (or blessing) from Green Ronin. I do these things because I want them, but it really makes me happy when someone else uses it or likes what I put together. (It really made my day when Steve Kenson simply said 'Wow' in response to the Mystara document I made before this)

Adragan, you have my blessing to take this and run with it. Like I said before, it's heavily slanted towards the bleak and dread of horror gaming, but you can make new classes that exude their action hero power instead and still build off what's in here. HEX is one of my favorite games, and Crimson Skies and Tale Spin are separately two of my favorite Pulp settings. I can't wait to see what you come up with, so don't forget to share once you've gotten it together.
Byron D. Molix
Eidolon Core blog
Siroh
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Admiral Yacob » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:41 am

Siroh wrote:
Admiral Yacob wrote:This is awesome, anyone have a good suggestion for a one-off Halloween adventure to run with this? I think my group would love it.

I am working on turning the playtest scenario I wrote into something properly formatted etc. I'm stuck drawing the town map however, so I don't know when it'll be done.

Hey Siroh, I was hoping you might have an update. I'm reading through the rules now and loving it but have no experience with horror. My group really wants me to do something scary as a one-off for Halloween. Also, does anyone out there have a good recommendation, I don't mind some conversion though I prefer fan-made (read free) to buying something for a one-off.
Admiral Yacob
Booster
Booster

Postby Siroh » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:26 pm

I am trying to draw up a town map, but I can make a PDF without that. The scenario I wrote up for the playtest is a southern gothic horror set in Louisiana state called Home Sweet Home. I had plans to write up a werewolf attack module set in Europe, and a viking encounter with werewolves as well, but didn't have time, plus I wanted to test that one myself to see how well the classes worked with pre-industrial PCs. Let me see if I can layout Home Sweet Home, you really can wing it without the town map since so little of the town action in the adventure requires bearings or location specific information.
Byron D. Molix
Eidolon Core blog
Siroh
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Disemvowel » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:32 pm

Admiral Yacob wrote:
Siroh wrote:

Hey Siroh, I was hoping you might have an update. I'm reading through the rules now and loving it but have no experience with horror. My group really wants me to do something scary as a one-off for Halloween. Also, does anyone out there have a good recommendation, I don't mind some conversion though I prefer fan-made (read free) to buying something for a one-off.

Grab CoC and run a scenario using these phenom rules known as Eternal Shadows.
На войне, победе. В мире, бдительность. В смерти, предлагая
Disemvowel
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Admiral Yacob » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:56 pm

Siroh wrote:I am trying to draw up a town map, but I can make a PDF without that. The scenario I wrote up for the playtest is a southern gothic horror set in Louisiana state called Home Sweet Home. I had plans to write up a werewolf attack module set in Europe, and a viking encounter with werewolves as well, but didn't have time, plus I wanted to test that one myself to see how well the classes worked with pre-industrial PCs. Let me see if I can layout Home Sweet Home, you really can wing it without the town map since so little of the town action in the adventure requires bearings or location specific information.

I would love to see it, my group won't need it until November 5th as that's our next session but the earlier I can begin studying, the better.
Admiral Yacob
Booster
Booster

Happy Halloween Gaming AGE fans.

Postby Siroh » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:35 pm

I was a little inspired, and managed to get it done in one sitting.

http://wp.me/p1yVzA-5d
Byron D. Molix
Eidolon Core blog
Siroh
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Arimmus » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:04 am

I would actually love to see what creatures you have created thus far and test them out. I am running a homebrew Campaign setting that is a mash-up of both D&D and AGE. My Players often complained about the non Variety of damage so I gave the other dice some use in my system, making it a gentle blend of both, while I expand on some other peoples work. Its not prefect but I managed to find a few ways to convert things that my players desired ( a Crit system that makes combat very very lethal)
Arimmus Thoma

" I has a maptool framework coming along for DRAGON AGE! "
Arimmus
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Admiral Yacob » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:18 am

Siroh wrote:I was a little inspired, and managed to get it done in one sitting.

http://wp.me/p1yVzA-5d

Finally got around to running it and, while it didn't go as planned, it was AWESOME. My group went for everything, didn't suspect a thing and we went through the first 2 Acts and were in the third (my group never went to investigate the lights...*sigh*). Then, during the third act, right after they had finally found the first grimoire (referenced in the diary), the two outdoors-men in the group decided to go fishing in the pond behind the house... Even after being warned by the voodoo lady. Well, they got attacked and there was a 6 point critical and things went downhill from there. One of the other characters stumbled onto the scene with one of the two now dead with a giant hole in him and the other one standing over, covered in blood and with a shotgun in hand... Conclusions were jumped to, panic ensued and the three remaining members (short the two who had been fishing) fled for the authorities. They tried to get the one with the shotgun arrested. That's how our session ended, though everyone had an amazing time with it. I would have loved to see the whole thing play out but I think it was an awesome time anyways. Thanks, Siroh.
Admiral Yacob
Booster
Booster

Next

Return to Dragon Age RPG