DF for pre-order on Amazon

Dragon Fist, Chris Pramas' fantasy RPG of high-flyin' martial arts action, is finally going to see print at the hands of Green Ronin. This forum is closed while the game is being re-developed.

DF for pre-order on Amazon

Postby Yojimbo » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:09 pm

Yojimbo
Bystander
Bystander

Postby REG » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:21 pm

Amazon.com got the 192-page hardcover book's price listed at $32.95 (US).
Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

A Generation Kikaida Fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer
REG
Booster
Booster

Postby Strand0 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:19 pm

It is said that 'he who makes the best egg-salad shall rule over heaven and Earth'. ... Don't ask me why egg-salad, I have enough agravation.
Strand0
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby REG » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:53 pm

Hmm. What's with the red hair?

Except for the dragons, the cover doesn't exactly scream "wuxia!" or "not Western!"

In fact it's more like someone a cover for a MnM supplement. Are they doing CrossGen?

A Generation Kikaida Fan

REG
Booster
Booster

Postby Lord Gwydion » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:59 am

Hmm, maybe the marketing or art direction folks thought "Fist of the North Star" has more drawing power than movies like "Hero" or "CT/HD"???

Oh well, as long as the content of the book is Wuxia rather than anime, I'll be happy.
$240 worth of puddin'. Aww Yeah!
Lord Gwydion
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Pagan priest » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:56 am

Now I can finally start browbeating my friends into accepting the fact that they will be playing in a wuxia game soon! Woo hoo!!! :D 8)
Peace through victory!

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" --Benjamin Franklin
Pagan priest
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Righteousfist » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:57 pm

The artist of the cover is Tony Wong, of Weapons of the Gods fame. Rsst assured, the game will be wuxia, not anime...but there is a significant selection of Hong Kong based wuxia manga that is REALLY worth checking out.
Hal Mangold
Production & Art Director
Green Ronin Publishing
www.greenronin.com
Righteousfist
Ronin Hal
Ronin Hal

Postby REG » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:49 am

Maybe it's just me, but I prefer a simple cover art of a man and a woman (with full-on Chinese garbs with Tianguo motifs) fighting each other wuxia-style.

A Generation Kikaida Fan

REG
Booster
Booster

Postby Strand0 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:15 am

REG wrote:Hmm. What's with the red hair?

Except for the dragons, the cover doesn't exactly scream "wuxia!" or "not Western!"

In fact it's more like someone a cover for a MnM supplement. Are they doing CrossGen?
:lol:

Well, if there is a pinch of Manga in Dradon Fist it would appeal a lot more to me.
But, I'm not really th target audiance. :green:
It is said that 'he who makes the best egg-salad shall rule over heaven and Earth'. ... Don't ask me why egg-salad, I have enough agravation.
Strand0
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby REG » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:58 am

Strand0 wrote::lol:

Well, if there is a pinch of Manga in Dradon Fist it would appeal a lot more to me.
But, I'm not really th target audiance. :green:

Dude, it's more than a pinch. It's a pint.

I mean if Manga is salt, I'd keel over from high BP.

A Generation Kikaida Fan

REG
Booster
Booster

Postby Strand0 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:05 am

REG wrote:
Strand0 wrote:Well, if there is a pinch of Manga in Dragon Fist it would appeal a lot more to me.
Dude, it's more than a pinch. It's a pint.

I mean if Manga is salt, I'd keel over from high BP.
:green: I like salty! :wink:
Strand0
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby madmonk » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:04 am

Well, Mr. Tony Wong is among the best MANHUA artists in HK (note manhua, not manga or manhwa; in order, chinese comics, japanese comics and korean comics). Most manhua are based/inspired in (if not wroted by the authors) wuxia literature. There was one company in the US (Comicsone) that used to bring manhua, but not anymore... They apparently died, and now their comics will seemingly continue publishing by drmasterbooks.

www.drmasterbooks.com

Try the site. The old comicsone page had links to galleries, specially this one. It is a thai page, but check the galleries, is not that difficult to navigate... The latest comic by Wong is called The Saint... it's not published in the US yet, but the art is amazing.

www.burapat.com

There was another company that brought (or bought; that is, the license from comicsone) the Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon manhua, but I don't really know the name. The series have ended, so if you have the change to spare, buy them all :-? (unlike manga, they are full color, and costlier).

If Dragon Fist creates more manhua addicts, and viceversa, we will all be benefitiated :green:
"Carrying weapons makes you a warrior as much as sticking feathers in your hair makes you an eagle" Hu Sen the Mad Monkey
madmonk
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby AoLan » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:49 pm

madmonk wrote:Well, Mr. Tony Wong is among the best MANHUA artists in HK (note manhua, not manga or manhwa; in order, chinese comics, japanese comics and korean comics). Most manhua are based/inspired in (if not wroted by the authors) wuxia literature. There was one company in the US (Comicsone) that used to bring manhua, but not anymore... They apparently died, and now their comics will seemingly continue publishing by drmasterbooks.

www.drmasterbooks.com

Try the site. The old comicsone page had links to galleries, specially this one. It is a thai page, but check the galleries, is not that difficult to navigate... The latest comic by Wong is called The Saint... it's not published in the US yet, but the art is amazing.

www.burapat.com

There was another company that brought (or bought; that is, the license from comicsone) the Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon manhua, but I don't really know the name. The series have ended, so if you have the change to spare, buy them all :-? (unlike manga, they are full color, and costlier).

If Dragon Fist creates more manhua addicts, and viceversa, we will all be benefitiated :green:

The other company is www.hkcomics.com; alas, the site is not in English.

Interestingly enough, DRMaster was the owner of ComicsOne before that one went under. I'll be curious to see if they'll go with the same cheapness of format as C-1 did, though their prices were rather high, IMHO.

And I'm all for more manhua!
AoLan
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Chairman Aeon » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:17 pm

REG wrote:I mean if Manga is salt, I'd keel over from high BP.

And let me guess, you have no understanding why some people are upset that Zhang Ziyi is playing a geisha either. :evil:

Now if we could have and idea of the system ...

Iain.
<!--#include virtual="witty_tagline"-->
Chairman Aeon
Henchman
Henchman

Postby tetsujin28 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:24 am

I'll add myself to the 'Not a fan of Tony Wong's art' club.
tetsujin28
Devotee
Devotee

Postby REG » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:31 pm

Chairman Aeon wrote:
REG wrote:I mean if Manga is salt, I'd keel over from high BP.

And let me guess, you have no understanding why some people are upset that Zhang Ziyi is playing a geisha either. :evil:

Actually, I do, but that's not the topic here. >:)

A Generation Kikaida Fan

REG
Booster
Booster

Postby Sangrolu » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:34 pm

Purdy...
The reviewer also known as Psion...
Sangrolu
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast