DF Abandoned ????

Dragon Fist, Chris Pramas' fantasy RPG of high-flyin' martial arts action, is finally going to see print at the hands of Green Ronin. This forum is closed while the game is being re-developed.

DF Abandoned ????

Postby Taellik » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:34 am

I read Chris' interview with Wayne Tonjes of GamingReport.com

http://www.gamingreport.com/modules.php ... &artid=147

and no mention at all about Dragon Fist when asked about future products !

How come ???
Taellik
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Jason_Sunday » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:32 pm

We have heard very little on Dragon Fist save this statement "That's a broad overview of where we're going over the next year. We also have a couple of surprises lined up and now that WFRP is done, we've gotten Dragon Fist rolling as well. Yes, it's true, there should be some high flyin' wuxia action in all of your futures! Thanks again for your support. Stick with us in 2005. You ain't seen nothing yet." made on January 4, 2005. I have tried to generate more excitement on the board but unfortunately that has been years in since Chris acquired ownership of Dragon Fist and I have little response, except from a few individuals. Which I am grateful. But I do get a lot of lurkers still checking every-once in a while. I have been kinda going in lurker mode myself. I have done a True 20 conversion but have not gotten the chance to play test it yet. I am still very excited about Dragon Fist and I check out Green Ronins main page everyday just to see if there is any Dragon Fist news. Will Dragon Fist ever get made who knows, but I am still very hopeful. :D - Jason
Jason_Sunday
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Nikchick » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:25 pm

Well, since we're expecting to see a turnover on the manuscript in a matter of weeks, I think I can categorically deny we've abandonned the game.

However, because of the unrelenting grief we've gotten over the years from people for saying anything about upcoming projects that then change or fall off schedule for any variety of reasons, my policy is not to say anything about anything to spare our teams the unnecessary distraction of being berated.

When we have more to say, you'll definitely hear it here.
Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby REG » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:50 pm

Nikchick wrote:my policy is not to say anything...

Sighs. My kind of girlfriend. :wink:

Wake me up when it's done. Snores. 8)
Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

A Generation Kikaida Fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer
REG
Booster
Booster

Postby Pagan priest » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:33 am

Nikchick wrote:However, because of the unrelenting grief we've gotten over the years from people for saying anything about upcoming projects that then change or fall off schedule for any variety of reasons, my policy is not to say anything about anything to spare our teams the unnecessary distraction of being berated.

I guess that I am in the minority here when I say I would rather have some information as soon as it is available, even if it needs to be revised later.* I should think that most adults can understand and accept that scheduals sometimes need to be changed, due to outside influences or even just change in priorities. Too bad there are so few adults on the internet. :P

*This is espeially true when an explanation is provided along with the revised due date.
Peace through victory!

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" --Benjamin Franklin
Pagan priest
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Jason_Sunday » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:07 am

I agree with you, Pagan. Although I am extremely excited about the MnM 2nd ed, I will be even happier when I start see Dragon Fist updates.
Jason_Sunday
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby madmonk » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:55 am

OK, so then... what is it? d20? d&d compatible? both? or something new? even if you don't have the manuscript you can tell us for shure! :yar:
"Carrying weapons makes you a warrior as much as sticking feathers in your hair makes you an eagle" Hu Sen the Mad Monkey
madmonk
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Strand0 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:24 pm

Sheesh! Go play MnM for a year... then come back and look around. :)
It is said that 'he who makes the best egg-salad shall rule over heaven and Earth'. ... Don't ask me why egg-salad, I have enough agravation.
Strand0
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby Chairman Aeon » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:28 pm

Rosebud...
<!--#include virtual="witty_tagline"-->
Chairman Aeon
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Lord Gwydion » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:50 am

Well, updates are nice and all, but as long as Dragon Fist is being made, I can wait.

I think it's worse having two more weeks to wait for Episode III though... Have to be very careful about my internet surfing until the pre-advance showing on the 25th. Unlike with Dragon Fist, I could get all of my questions answered right now if I wanted to, but that would just spoil it.

With Dragon Fist, I don't feel annoyed by the wait, and can actually enjoy the anticipation.

Okay, I'm rambling. Time to log off and start the weekend...
$240 worth of puddin'. Aww Yeah!
Lord Gwydion
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Pagan priest » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:06 am

Lord Gwydion wrote:I think it's worse having two more weeks to wait for Episode III though... Have to be very careful about my internet surfing until the pre-advance showing on the 25th.

Wow. it doesn't open there until the 25th? Ouch! Here, let me spoil it for you: Anakin turns to the Dark Side and becomes a Sith Lord named Darth Vader. :lol:
Peace through victory!

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" --Benjamin Franklin
Pagan priest
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Lord Gwydion » Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:46 pm

Pagan priest wrote:
Lord Gwydion wrote:I think it's worse having two more weeks to wait for Episode III though... Have to be very careful about my internet surfing until the pre-advance showing on the 25th.

Wow. it doesn't open there until the 25th? Ouch! Here, let me spoil it for you: Anakin turns to the Dark Side and becomes a Sith Lord named Darth Vader. :lol:

Damn! You've spoiled it for me!

Actually, it doesn't open until July 9th. It's a special sneak-preview thing next Saturday.
$240 worth of puddin'. Aww Yeah!
Lord Gwydion
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Pagan priest » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:51 am

Lord Gwydion wrote:Damn! You've spoiled it for me!

:lol: >:) :lol: :P :lol: >:) :lol:
Peace through victory!

Pagan priest
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Pagan priest » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:56 am

Nikchick wrote:Well, since we're expecting to see a turnover on the manuscript in a matter of weeks, I think I can categorically deny we've abandonned the game.

When we have more to say, you'll definitely hear it here.

Well, it has been "weeks", anything new to add? Due to a visit to the ludite side of my family, I won't actually get any internet news for over a week, but I would love to have a happy surprise when I get back to civilization.
Peace through victory!

Pagan priest
Cohort
Cohort

Return to Dragon Fist